• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Duncan Fearnley Bats

adub

International Captain
I had
and a Gray Nic PowerSpot

Used to think that Powerspot had such a great middle. Had a hit with it a couple years back, terrible..
I use a V100 long blade of about that vintage I think (can't be sure cause it's been a clean skin for over a decade now).

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox;2903157[B said:
]Was thinking before about how much I'd love to see someone come out with an old school DF and take the attack apart.
[/B]
Anyways, for the record, how many of the stars of the 1980s used them?

Richards
Border
Crowe

What others?

And is there any reason why they haven't managed to have any sort of international presence, basically since Border retired?
one of the top ten posts I have read on CW.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Didn't Lance Klusener use one in the late 90's?

Used to have a AB 5 star in the early 90's. Scored about 5 runs with it, but boy did i look good making them!

davidmutton

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think some of the Worcestershire team still use them (although given their recent performances they are hardly star power) - Fearnley is their president now, although I seem to recall a few years back he was barred from the ground after some drunken behaviour.

My first ever bat was a DF Graeme Hick 405*. I am not sure I ever score 405 runs in total with it though!

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're all a bit too cool to work as a piss-take, I reckon. If someone walked out with a GN Scoop, I'd think they were pretty badass.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
We played against Peter Roach five or so years ago, and he was getting kit of DF and the stick he was using was an absolute shocker. We were all having a chuckle as he tried to lace balls, and only got one for them. Dunno if they were made in Australia, or imported in. I'd imagine the former.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
They're all a bit too cool to work as a piss-take, I reckon. If someone walked out with a GN Scoop, I'd think they were pretty badass.
There's a guy in my league who bats with a DF he's had it since he was 14 - and he gets compliments on it from every team he says.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's the thing - DF were such a cool looking brand, even the non bat gear looked baddass. So wanted one when I was a kid.

El Nino

School Boy/Girl Captain
Valid bump, best thread on the site.

Gave me a full kit while I played last season in Worcester, now look cool as **** playing with the retro stickers in Aus.

jcas0167

International Debutant
They were so cool. In 1988 I remember getting a Duncan Fearnley Magnum for my birthday, it was a superb bat. I also got DF pads & gloves. I think the main reason I wanted a DF was because Martin Crowe used one.

I also subscribed to the DF newsletter, which had posters & batting tips from their stars like Border, Botham & Hick (at that stage Richards had moved to Slazenger).

The last international player I remember using a DF bat was Daniel Vettori in the late 90's.

Last edited:

El Nino

School Boy/Girl Captain
Gough used Fearnley gear. Still does some clothing ads for them too.

Edit: Reading through some love for the old GN Scoop, they've brought out a special edition for 2013, as well as a couple other retro bats. L:ast one reminds me of the Megadrive from 6 or 7 years ago

Last edited: