• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "Loose" XI

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Gamblers, cheaters, fools, ***ters, texters etc.

Sid Barnes- Combined weirdness with skill like few others.
WG Grace- Cheater, would replace the bails after being bowled. Old world charm? Nup, cheat.
KP- Texting someone he shouldn't, and being a tool.
Mark Waugh- Cash for "weather" reports.
Hansie Cronje- Took bribes, then died.
Chris Lewis- Dobbed on teammates for something, then got sprung smuggling cocaine.
Rod Marsh- Bet against his own team in a live match.
Shane Warne- ***ting nurses, diet pills from his mum.
Colin Croft- Toured apartheid SA as a black man. Way to go!
Dennis Lillee- Bet against his own team in a live match.
Mohammed Asif- Took $$ to bowl no-balls. Sullied the fine (*cough*) name of Pakistani cricket.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Azahar over Waugh for me. Always a bit surprised on well Croft is treated by Former players considering how he left the team.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Lack of Warwick Armstrong is surpriing considering he once bowled two consecutive overs while captain having just successfully protested an English declaration for being illegal under obscure rules. Also vaguely remember hearing he usede the morally dubious (but at the time perfectly legal) method of spending 15 minutes trial bowling to run out time and stop England from getting the 20 runs they needed (with plenty of wickets in hand) to level an ashes series.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
KP? I could probably think of a dozen 'shadier' cricketers than him.
No fan of KP myself (I know everyone's shocked) but anyone involved in match-fixing get's ahead of him, TBH not wildly happy about rebel tourists either. Oh underarm too. Oh and Warnes gun for the ***ting nurses obvs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
SA Fritz
T Chetty (wk)
SM Benade
CL Tryon
D van Niekerk
Y van der Westhuizen
M Kapp
M du Preez (c)
S Loubser
S Ismail
MM Letsoalo

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year

Navjot Sidhu - Killed a man in anger and covered his arse using the celebrity status he had.
WG Grace- Cheater, would replace the bails after being bowled. Old world charm? Nup, cheat.
M Azhar-ud-din - "Fixer"
Salim Malik - "Fixer"
Chris Lewis- Dobbed on teammates for something, then got sprung smuggling cocaine.
Mohammed Asif- Took $$ to bowl no-balls. Sullied the fine (*cough*) name of Pakistani cricket.
Mohammed Amir - Fixer

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Navjot Sidhu - Killed a man in anger and covered his arse using the celebrity status he had.
M Azhar-ud-din - "Fixer"
Salim Malik - "Fixer"
Mohammed Amir - Fixer
This, save I'd replace the good doctor with Wayne Larkins, who fraudulently obtained mortgage finance on the security of a relative's house - can't get much lower than that imo

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
On second note I'd get Marsh and Lillee out of that list. They just acted likes dicks, but were not cheats.

Enter,

Rashid Latif - Appeals for a catch after dropping it
Manoj Prabhakar - trying to frame others for matchfixing after he was shown the door due to dodgy performances.

bombay_bomber

School Boy/Girl Captain

Sid Barnes- Combined weirdness with skill like few others.
KP- Texting someone he shouldn't, and being a tool.
Mark Waugh- Cash for "weather" reports.
Colin Croft- Toured apartheid SA as a black man. Way to go!
Maybe the wrong Chris as all-rounder? Surely Cairns gets a look in....FTR my name is not L. Modi