Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Case for Kallis

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Even though I don't find him boring I can see why some would, but I just cannot see how anyone can say he's an ugly player. At least with the bat. His strokeplay is great to watch.

His bowling action at times may have too much chest in it, but him bowling some jaffers that beat the bat and then outswinging half volleys that get wickets always makes me smile
    when i said ugly i meant "robot-like grace" which does not endear him(his batting) to many..as they say "aesthetics hold sway". In kallis case it does not and also his failure against aus and eng..

Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by doesitmatter View Post
    when i said ugly i meant "robot-like grace" which does not endear him(his batting) to many..as they say "aesthetics hold sway". In kallis case it does not and also his failure against aus and eng..
    Depending on your viewpoint - to some its "robot-like grace" but to others its "royalty."

Kallis is without a doubt the most beautiful batsman I have ever watched. I honestly don't see Ponting and Tendulkar being more aesthetically pleasing as Kallis, although I obviously have a heckload of bias.
    @CowsCorner - 202 followers and counting!

Disclaimer: I am a biased South African. Anything I say is likely to have something in it that ultimately favours the Proteas.

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPrez View Post
    Depending on your viewpoint - to some its "robot-like grace" but to others its "royalty."

Kallis is without a doubt the most beautiful batsman I have ever watched. I honestly don't see Ponting and Tendulkar being more aesthetically pleasing as Kallis, although I obviously have a heckload of bias.
    He is not even the second-beautiful batsman in his team..IMO
    Last edited by doesitmatter; 21-08-2012 at 01:08 PM.

International Debutant Dissector's Avatar
    I rate Kallis and Murali the two best cricketers of the last 20 years so yeah the guy is an absolute legend.

Quote Originally Posted by doesitmatter View Post
    He is not even the second-beautiful batsman in his team..IMO
    I assume you're referring to Amla and de Villiers. They're both beautiful cricketers but Kallis is the rolls royce of classy batsmanship.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    I don't see it personally. The most cardboard/boring elite batsman of his era, by a mile IMO.
    ★★★★★

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    To his critics, he's selfish. Which is a bigger knock against him than not dominating against the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    In recent times its Kallis' bowling which has really impressed me. People used to argue that he wasn't a real allrounder, don't see it at all. More than useful fourth seamer.
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by NasserFan207 View Post
    In recent times its Kallis' bowling which has really impressed me. People used to argue that he wasn't a real allrounder, don't see it at all. More than useful fourth seamer.
    Who?
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

marc used to be critical of his bowling IIRC

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    lol

Marc has been vocal about Kallis' bowling for years, something along the lines of he only bowls when he wants to get easy wickets or something similar. If I recall most of this was surrounding the Kallis vs. Flintoff debate 5-6 years ago.

Would have thought the fact that a 37 year old guy is still running in and bowling for his team after often batting hours the previous day has well and truly put that theory to bed.

DDP
    Marc has been vocal about Kallis' bowling for years, something along the lines of he only bowls when he wants to get easy wickets or something similar. If I recall most of this was surrounding the Kallis vs. Flintoff debate 5-6 years ago.

Would have thought the fact that a 37 year old guy is still running in and bowling for his team after often batting hours the previous day has well and truly put that theory to bed.
    Not forgetting that he bowls exclusively with the older ball now days given the excellence of the front three seamers. 'easy wickets' indeed.

Cricket Spectator
    ATG batting circle is a great many important performances in SA.
    Any type of crocodile leather tote bag will also be wonderful for someone who would like to appear stylish attending college, or perhaps who has just gotten a good site liek cwmalls.com crocodile embossed black handbags promotion.

My new car rego plates I just ordered. For real. Honda Accord for no frills reliability and best all round value. I'm sure he won't mind
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information