• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test Cricket Draft : Group A

Which team is the strongest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
Vote for the strongest team out of the three considering the balance and individual quality. Only the Test Career has to be considered. Two out of the three teams will go ahead. Write ups can be added by the managers if they want, and I will update it in the OP. Players who made their debut post 1970 were eligible to be picked.

VOTE FOR ONLY TWO TEAMS

Team Agent TBY

01. Gavaskar
02. Jayasuriya (6)
03. Lara
04. M. Waugh
05. Flower (+)
06. Martyn
07. Greig (5)
08. Harbhajan (4)
09. Gillespie (2)
10. Zaheer (1)
11. Akhtar (3)

12: Ahmed

Team AldoRaine18

Inglorious Basterds :

Matthew Hayden
Mark Taylor (C)
Hashim Amla
Younis Khan (6)
VVS Laxman
Brian McMillan (5)
Jeff Dujon (WK)
Anil Kumble (4)
Malcolm Marshall (1)
Merv Hughes (3)
Waqar Younis (2)

Carl Hooper

Team Monk

Abbott's XI

-Virender Sehwag
- Andrew Strauss
- Stephen Fleming (c)
- Sachin Tendulkar
- A.B. DeVilliers (wk)
- Darren Lehmann
- Andrew Symonds
- Daniel Vettori
- Wasim Akram
- Andy Roberts
- Craig McDermott

- Paul Collingwood

Last edited:

Jager

International Debutant
Pretty tough call there, went for Aldo and Monk eventually. TBY was let down by his bowling attack once you compare the three sides.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Pretty tough call there, went for Aldo and Monk eventually. TBY was let down by his bowling attack once you compare the three sides.
See what I mean now? The attack looks okay standalone, but put it against the others in the draft and it really pales in comparison.

That said, there's still a case to be made for my squad, especially the batting lineup, being great on their day. It's just that the bowling is very likely to be inconsistent.

Last edited:

Jager

International Debutant
See what I mean now? The attack looks okay standalone, but put it against the others in the draft and it really pales in comparison.

That said, there's still a case to be made for my squad, especially the batting lineup, being great on their day. It's just that the bowling is very likely to be inconsistent.
I would probably rank your batting above Aldo's, but not having a great keeper dragged you down in regards to your bowling attack, since they would definitely need every chance to be taken

watson

Banned
Abbot's team is definitely through for mine.

IMO

(Harbhajan + Gillespie + Zaheer) = (Anil Kumble + Merv Hughes + Waqar Younis)

(Greig) = (McMillan)

The only thing to consider is whether: (Marshall + stronger keeper) > (Akhtar + slightly stronger batting)

ie Gavaskar & Lara are difficult to ignore.

Will think about it.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I see you two guys both voted for yourselves, so, I guess i'll return the favour? :D

The combination of Waqar and Marshall has swayed me to Aldo's team, although I think TBY has a slightly better batting line up.

Aldo just.

Also, think my pace attack is made up of slightly underrated legends!

Wasim, Roberts and McDermott. I like that...

watson

Banned
Surely Waqar and Kumble are streets ahead of Zaheer and Harby?
I wouldn't say streets ahead. Better yes, but not by an large margin

(Harbhajan + Gillespie + Zaheer) Ave SR = 60.3

(Anil Kumble + Merv Hughes + Waqar Younis) Ave SR = 55.7

We are looking at a difference in the average Strike Rate of less than an over for the support bowlers. The inclusion of a left-armer (Zaheer) is also a plus IMB.

If I vote for Aldo's team it will be primarily because of the Marshall-Dujon combo.

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Aldo's team is slightly better than the other two, with Monk's a fraction superior to TBY's.

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
Sorry for the delay.

As stated earlier, the two qualifying teams will pick one player from the knocked out team, in the order of the number of votes.

So here, I get to pick one player first from Agent's team, and then Monk picks one.

I will go for Brian Lara. Can't say no to him. Monk, please choose your player as soon as possible.

As stated earlier, this player is added to your squad, and you can have more than 3 players per country in your squad but when you put out your playing XI for the quarter final, the 3 players per country rule has to be respected in that XI again.

Also, in the quarter finals the polls will be one on one, so it will be useful to add some tactics.

Jager

International Debutant
You going to put up group B now too? Couldn't hurt to have it going at the same time