• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the UAE 2012

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sounds like a solid effort from Afghanistan. That's great to hear. I was fearing a bit of a mismatch.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sounds like a solid effort from Afghanistan. That's great to hear. I was fearing a bit of a mismatch.
I definitely think the pitch nullified the difference between the sides somewhat, but in the end that was a really good thing for the contest. They'll take a lot from this. Like Bangladesh they definitely seem to have a number of decent to good spinners who can perform a role in the middle overs of a one day fixture; they're properly ODI standard in that area at the very least.

Spark

Global Moderator
I did really like the look of both the Zadran brothers (I assume their brothers). OK, they're probably not quite "international standard" in that they wouldn't make any of the top teams but they're definitely not pie-chuckers.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I did really like the look of both the Zadran brothers (I assume their brothers). OK, they're probably not quite "international standard" but they're definitely not pie-chuckers.
Not related apparently.

And yeah, they definitely looked a lot better than the seamers Bangladesh produced in their first few years of Test cricket; probably about on par with the blokes Bangladesh pick now ITBT. And their best bowler by a long way wasn't even playing.

Spark

Global Moderator
The left armer, Shapoor(?) in particular, was getting some decent bounce with the new ball on a pitch which seemed to have none, which was impressive.

And the run out was gun.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The return of Hamid Hassan will do Afghanistan a world of good too. Hopefully he doesn't fall over a fence again.

Spikey

i've tasted a thing or two in my lifetime, and i call tell you that you are, as the romans would say, el tastando it, boi

Spikey

google is telling me gustasset' but i'm pretty that's just what those ****s what me to think