• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the UAE 2012

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
wtf ****, I was saying Pattinson shouldn't play ODI's. That post was made an over before he took those wickets when he was getting slapped. Give yourself an uppercut.
:laugh: It just looked so sarcastic. So ordinary from me. I was actually all prepared to point out how **** his first spell was when you came back defending your comment, and you evidently would've agreed.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Doherty really makes me wonder about the balance of this side sometimes. As much as I dislike him it's hard to argue against the idea that he's the best OD spinner available at least on non-turning wickets, but when Watson is in the side I'd almost be tempted to use Maxwell or Christian at 8 as a floating pinch hitter and try to get 20 overs out of that player plus Watson, Clarke and Dave Hussey. He just doesn't really add a lot.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If Starc doesn't manage to do better than a high 20s to low 30s bowling average for NSW in the Shield again this season I will dead kill the bloke.

stumpski

International Captain
Afghanistan have never played Bangladesh have they. On this evidence they'd be more than a match for them. Perhaps that's why it's a fixture the ICC would be happy not to schedule.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Afghanistan have never played Bangladesh have they. On this evidence they'd be more than a match for them. Perhaps that's why it's a fixture the ICC would be happy not to schedule.
Afghanistan improved leaps and bounce in short period, also they have got some talented U-19 pool of players; it will be a huge challenge for us if we meet them

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I knew his injury was bad but it's been 8 months basically! Should be back for the T20 WC apparently,,,,

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Think he might be quietly relieved to be getting out now, Wade.

Might want to rethink having him open in these conditions given that he has to, well, keep.
It might not be a bad idea to open with him if you bat first, and put him at 7 in chases.

He won't bat the 50, so he'd get time in between and not have to worry about sprinting around in the last 5-10 overs.