• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst 100 Test Player

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
most of the players who ended up playing 100 test matches during the 2000s would not have reached the landmark if the bowling standards were as high as in the 90's or 80's or 70's..mainly the new age LH's(you can see it in the list) had it easy Lara included as bowling against the LH's was sub-standard..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'd rate Hooper above Athers, myself. The former's abilities with the bat are traduced by his average.

Might be an interesting question to ask who was the "Best 100 Test Player" too, as some of the usual candidates for the "best cricketer ever" garland didn't make it to three figures.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd rate Hooper above Athers, myself. The former's abilities with the bat are traduced by his average.

Might be an interesting question to ask who was the "Best 100 Test Player" too, as some of the usual candidates for the "best cricketer ever" garland didn't make it to three figures.
Carl Hooper imo.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Ian Healy. Despite standing alongside the great captains of Australia, cannot read the game at anything over U5s level. Batting average of around the sort of number expected of a fill-in NZ keeper and lived his life precariously through Warne's right arm.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Healy is dumb as dog **** and had no shots outside of the cut stroke, but he was the best keeper I've seen in my time watching cricket.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Healy is dumb as dog **** and had no shots outside of the cut stroke, but he was the best keeper I've seen in my time watching cricket.
Agree, well apart from Taylor and Knott obvs.

Yeah, he was a big part in Oz's domination his keeping to Warne was incredible, and he often got runs when under pressure.