• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I believe in Jeetan Patel thread

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Post in this thread if you believe that Jeetan "the truth" Patel is now the real deal and will take at least 10 wickets in the two match test series against India.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
He would've been decent against West "batting right handed is too mainstream" Indies, going to get royally ****ed against India though.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really hope he can carry his county form into these Tests. But I can't say I 100% believe he will.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Post in this thread if you believe that Jeetan "the truth" Patel is now the real deal and will take at least 10 wickets in the two match test series against India.
It's about as likely as him and his girlfriend getting kidnapped by a murderous clown, getting half his face burnt off in a gas explosion and then going on a murderous rampage of revenge. So maybe 1 in 3.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
apparently he's done quite a bit of work with the bowling coach Welch at Warws and is bowling really well. It's going to be a struggle against India but I would expect a slight improvement from the last time the kiwi fans saw him.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
apparently he's done quite a bit of work with the bowling coach Welch at Warws and is bowling really well. It's going to be a struggle against India but I would expect a slight improvement from the last time the kiwi fans saw him.
How slight? honestly it would need to be a 50% improvement for him to take 10 wickets. And his confidence as a bowler would need to be substantially better. And his resilience.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Who will be Jeetan Patel's 50th Test wicket? Hopefully it's Yadav. In the first innings, of the First Test.

But seriously, I shouldn't be posting in this thread, 10 wickets might be about 7 too many for him.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
There also needs to be an improvement made in the attitudes of the captain and coach. They need to back their man. With no Vettori, for the first time in Patel's career, perhaps they can chuck him the ball and he'll feel they actually believe he can do the job.

An improvement in Patel's own game will obviously be a big help too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I try to keep this quiet, but I actually like Jeetan Patel. I like watching him bowl, and part of me deep, deep, deep down inside thinks he might have it in him to be a serviceable Test bowler if all the planets aligned. I don't actually think he's much good though and I expect him to fail; that effort against Zimbabwe really should've been the end of the line for him. I do hope I'm wrong and I certainly maintain that he's possible; I just think it's particularly unlikely at this stage.

Last edited: