• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jamaican athletes and Cricket

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
Blake wants to change track to IPL!

Blake wants to change track to IPL! - Yahoo! Cricket India

We all know the bolt's story, but you get the impression these guys just happen to love sports (they probably played all in high school) and i'm sure if WI cricket was doing better more young men would chose crikcet instead of track or football.

Andre Russel is said to be a good runner and lucky for WI he chose cricket.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Damn, imagine an opening bowling combo of Blake and Bolt, what could've been? :laugh:

I think most of this story is just Blake having some fun with the Indian journalists though

Last edited:

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
Damn, imagine an opening bowling combo of Blake and Bolt, what could've been? :laugh:
These guys are discipline and fit, and there's no question of their ability to learn the game as being the best ever runners in track requires alot of training and learning minor adjustment and then doing them to perfection!.

People always ask where are the fast bowlers ? they are running track. :laugh:

I love the fact they are not afraid to express their love for the game and Blake listed a long list of players and even remembered gayle's team instantly :-O

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
I think most of this story is just Blake having some fun with the Indian journalists though
For the record, Blake plays cricket regularly with Kingston Cricket Club.
This suggest other wise.. but he can also be having fun and expressing his honest views instead of just BSing to make India reporters happy..

and remember Bolt actually played a 20/20 game :laugh:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I want Bolt in the IPL someone with a bigger ego than KP. Oh wait a minute Kohli's already there, carry on.....

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Michael Holding was a classy athlete wasn't he?
The story was that Holding and another guy played cricket and did athletics together - Holding was the better 400m runner, and the other bloke a superior fast bowler.

The other guy broke the 400m World Record, Holding became one of the greatest quicks in history.

Not sure about the accuracy, but that's ridiculously impressive.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Could be English with those gnashers.

Taking the pleasure of the joke away from someone else here.

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
Michael Holding

HI. I'm going off memory here and i read the book a very long time ago. I'm sure Michael said he wasn't a great track runner. That the press got him confused with someone in the same year in high school as him and forever they always say M.Holding was a great 400m track runner.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Indeed, I would pay to see him. Would possibly reduce the credibility of the BBL though
No it wouldn't at all. So many people would rather watch Bolt as an overseas player ahead of Dernbach or Mahmood and we'd probably be able to get more money from International broadcasters as I'm sure everyone from the Caribbean and other areas would tune in.