Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rankings update

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar

Rankings update

So England now best in the world at Tests and ODI's, but not T20s.

ICC rankings - ICC Test, ODI and Twenty20 rankings | ESPN Cricinfo
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    For some reason I checked these earlier today, and audibly lamented Australia's 6th ranking in t20is.

Holy holy heck.

England ranked #1 in ODIs surprised me. Lost to Australia 5-0 (or was it 7-0) after the ashes, and didn't make it to semi final in world cup. I remember they beat India 3-0 in England, but when they toured India, they lost 5-0. Had some success against Pakistan however. Anything else significant in last couple of years?

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I think it's something to do with one defeat in home series in 4 years (or something along those lines) - plus dicking the previous number 1 side 4-0 this summer would've helped.

State Vice-Captain
    Opportune time for this thread, just before the Test no. 1 spot goes out of the window a week from now

Quote Originally Posted by Jayzamann View Post
    For some reason I checked these earlier today, and audibly lamented Australia's 6th ranking in t20is.

Holy holy heck.
    Bangladesh was 4th not too long ago. Then dropped to 9th the next match. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over them.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    george bailey will lead us to the promised land
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnodouche View Post
    Opportune time for this thread, just before the Test no. 1 spot goes out of the window a week from now
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnodouche View Post
    Harsh but true. England are vocal about ODI's not being important at all. They aren't a good ODI side in any case. Aside from one freak series against Pakistan in UAE, they have done little of note. SA, Ind, Aus, Pak and SL are comfortably better.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumbinfront View Post
    Harsh but true. England are vocal about ODI's not being important at all. They aren't a good ODI side in any case. Aside from one freak series against Pakistan in UAE, they have done little of note. SA, Ind, Aus, Pak and SL are comfortably better.
    pretty funny comment given south africas recent record against england in odis.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumbinfront View Post
    So beating Australia, India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan at home as well as beating South Africa away is no longer anything of note?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    So beating Australia, India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan at home as well as beating South Africa away is no longer anything of note?
    You beat Pakistan away ftr

International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    India should nail # 1 in ODI's soon enough. And they have the champions trophy as another opportunity of proving it.

And if we can win the T20 WC next month that should hopefully put us at the top of the T20 rankings as well (although probably not enough games for that).

If only we can get our Test team/results in order. I'm not worried much about the other formats.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    You beat Pakistan away ftr
    Yeah but that was the only series he actually recognised. I was simply naming all the other success the England ODI side has had in the last 2-3 years.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    T20 rankings are **** at the moment. Bangladesh were ahead of India a couple of weeks ago and then fell to 9th place after losing one game to Ireland.

And Pakistan currently are a **** ODI outfit, so it's pretty laughable that they are better than England.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information