• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
at some point I'll edit this post with links to the appropriate stories, but for now I think it's time to move the chat out of the tour thread.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who is currently out of the side for 'personal reasons' who is set to gain from KP flouncing off.

That's right it is clearly the evil genius that is Ravi Bopara.

Really though this whole thing is so very tedious, just sort it out already.

KP is KP so I know this particular issue is a bit different but as a genreal point playing test cricket during the IPL is just not going to be sensible for much longer.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Soft KP, very soft KP....

I lost all respect for KP after that massive ass kissing exercise. Clear lack of balls from KP.

Spikey

did his backflip get leaked before he announced it ????

anyway my whole position on this was that everything was being exaggerated (particularly the quitting test cricket thing) so I'm claiming this as a win

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
did his backflip get leaked before he announced it ????

anyway my whole position on this was that everything was being exaggerated (particularly the quitting test cricket thing) so I'm claiming this as a win
I agree wholeheartedly.

Also, who was it on here that a month or so ago predicted that KP would make a limited overs comeback just before the T20 world cup, having missed the pointless series against Australia and no certainty to get back into the ODI side anyway?

I think it is definitely more

KP - 1
ECB - 0

He has pulled one over the ECB in a big way.

Andre

International Regular
I agree wholeheartedly.

Also, who was it on here that a month or so ago predicted that KP would make a limited overs comeback just before the T20 world cup, having missed the pointless series against Australia and no certainty to get back into the ODI side anyway?

I think it is definitely more

KP - 1
ECB - 0

He has pulled one over the ECB in a big way.
Yep, it was me who said this. And I stand by it and think he has won here big time.

On the face of it, it looks like he was left out of the last Test, cut his losses and made himself available for all formats from now on (but still got to miss the ODers he didn't want to play in) so his nose isn't too far out of joint.

From there, England have evidently shown they don't think they can go without him and have delayed naming their Test squad to accomodate him again. So he's missed the one dayers and got them to change their side based on him playing along for the next period of time.

Win to him in my books. He'll get to go to the T20 WC and its possible his ODI spot is gone anyway due to the superb short format form of Bell/Bopara. So he may very well have got his wish.

All the while, I bet he's signed a pretty handsome deal with the Delhi Daredevils and will retire from all internationals post Ashes tour in 2013/14 to Oz and become a T20 freelancer. He'll be 34/35 by then and still have a good 3-4 years of worldwide T20 cricket in him to cash in.

Poor communicator, yes, too honest, definetly, but stupid... I doubt. His whole career has been pretty methodically planned out from an early point. Reckon he might have his next few years sorted too.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow, so strongly disagree. The guy is going to have to play the NZ test series which he doesn't want to do, and he's going to have to play ODIs. Yes he can play the T20 WC, but that is a win for the ECB, they want him to play. They just didn't want other players thinking they can quit ODIs and play T20s as well.

Spikey

i wasn't claiming it as a win for KP btw. for me. i reckon it's 0-0 draw really. each won a couple of battles, lost a couple

edit

It's Tough Being Me being a sure thing for KP's auto-bio at some stage won him some points ftr

Last edited:

Andre

International Regular
Wow, so strongly disagree. The guy is going to have to play the NZ test series which he doesn't want to do, and he's going to have to play ODIs. Yes he can play the T20 WC, but that is a win for the ECB, they want him to play. They just didn't want other players thinking they can quit ODIs and play T20s as well.
Yeah but I don't think he doesn't want to play ODI's. He just didn't want to play that series. And he got his way. Plus he's probably realised England may think they have a good ODI unit without him so is neither here nor there on if he gets picked.

I get the NZ Test series part, but Test cricket these days has pretty handy match payments so that wouldn't upset him all that much, with a longer term scenario being that he will miss very little IPL - if any - again from there.

Plus, if England felt like he was too much trouble there would be no delayed squad annoucement. He'd just have been excluded. He's pretty obviously now included so he got what he wanted - there hasn't been much doubt about his will to play Test cricket.

Realistsically, neither party really wins and they probably both know that. I'd say, though, that KP would be up on points from the whole scenario.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's a typical spoilt child - pushes the boundaries as far as he can and retreats back as soon as he pushes them too far - of course by the age of 7 or 8 most have grown out of it, but the talented ones do have a tendency not to be able to shrug it off