• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
How injured was he a year ago?

And frankly, **** the dressing room. Of those that KP actually confesses to having issues with, only Broad remains. I'm sure Ian Bell's a nicer bloke to get on with and is better for team harmony, but he's also ****ing pish and unlikely to score any runs this summer.
Why do you think this?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Funny, because he got a lot more runs than KP in the 2013 summer. But I guess that has nothing to do with who you decide is randomly **** or not.

Niall

International Coach
Its not over yet, was wondering why Piers Morgan had not gone mental on twitter yet.

Nick HoultVerified account
‏@NHoultCricket
understand KP has not been told categorically he'll never play for England again.confusion reigns.Strauss will explain his side tomorrow

Spark

Global Moderator
That's probably a "0.00000000001% chance" i.e. zero chance but we're not allowed to be categorical about it

Kyle

School Boy/Girl Captain
In before the door the shut on KP because they've appointed Andy Flower as coach behind the scenes.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As is stated above Piers would be going mental if door has closed. Maybe told him no place for NZ series but he needs to perform on a regular basis and if we get an injury he is going to be considered. Unless you drop Ballance, Root or Bell he has no place in the side if we want 5 bowlers.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If the reports are true then I give Strauss some credit for having the balls to tell KP direct

Doesn't really change anything

KP can still bat and the ECB are ****wits

Move on, nothing more to see here

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
The sheer fact that they appointed Andrew Strauss to that role is a ****ing joke to begin with. Appointing a guy a couple of years into retirement who captained all of the senior players and opened the batting with the current captain? God, how daft can you get. Cook's going to struggle to put a stamp on the team even more now, because it becomes a continuation of the Strauss dynasty. The senior players don't get held to account because they're best buddies/former roommates with the Managing Director (or whatever his title is), and Strauss's well-known opinions of KP are going to kill any reasonable discussion of this issue stone-dead. I feel for the coach who accepts this job, they're basically doomed to fail from the outset.

cnerd123

likes this
The sheer fact that they appointed Andrew Strauss to that role is a ****ing joke to begin with. Appointing a guy a couple of years into retirement who captained all of the senior players and opened the batting with the current captain? God, how daft can you get. Cook's going to struggle to put a stamp on the team even more now, because it becomes a continuation of the Strauss dynasty. The senior players don't get held to account because they're best buddies/former roommates with the Managing Director (or whatever his title is), and Strauss's well-known opinions of KP are going to kill any reasonable discussion of this issue stone-dead. I feel for the coach who accepts this job, they're basically doomed to fail from the outset.
TBH I think the fact that there is likely to be no change happening with Strauss in charge is precisely why they've selected him.

Too many fragile egos in the ECB set-up. All looking out for each other and trying to maintain their inner sanctum. Any outsider who would shake things up is not welcome.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, what this 'decision' is telling me is that circumstances be damned, Strauss isn't going to put aside his personal feelings about players. Having a guy who was so close to the senior players and doesn't care about being impartial, in a high-level role that still remains close to the day-to-day running of the team, is seriously ****ing dangerous. Especially when he seems to be so bloody ideological in his decision.

Strauss should have been a Tory MP after all. Would fit right in.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
True, they're probably just doing this to have an excuse ready when my bois beat them for a combined 7-0 this summer. Then all the English twitter people who aren't employed by the ECB can have a whinge about it being unfair and it not counting because their best batsman wasn't selected, and will pretend the series never happened.

Then they'll probably make up a false history to make themselves feel better. I mean, they tried to hide the embarrassment of the 2006/07 series by imagining there were series in 2005, 2009 and 2010/11.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The worst thing I'll have to suffer through another KP publicity tour in 7 months time.