• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Not a fan of KP being outspoken on Twitter but I would rather have boorish characters than bland robots. There are far less characters in the game as it is.

Now obviously selections have to be based on performances and team positivity but we need more Kohlis in the game, say.

Ashtomar

Cricket Spectator
Welcome Ashtomar:) think most of the arguments have been made in this thread, maybe you will find the answer to why some would object to his recall, rather than have the argument repeated yet again.

In the end he's proven me a bit wrong by committing to the Championship, but I don't see how going back to him is the right thing to do in Tests, or with the next WC 4 years away, ODI's.

Oddly wouldn't object too much in T20. I doubt most of the people he's fallen out with will be involved in that, and he's certainly our best player in that form.
Thank you for the welcome!

For me regardless of the next world cup or planning for the future I think to an extent you have to pick your best available team at that point in time. So if you asked is Kevin Pietersen one of the best test batsman in England at this point in time then I would answer yes, so he should be in the team. Surely that is all that matters? Is he difficult? Yes, but at what cost? At the time of his firing it was implied that his presence does nothing for the team spirit in that dressing room, however this load of BS has been proven to be a red herring as you only have to look at the results following his sacking. Nothing has changed.

I do think it was a disgrace to discard him in the way the ECB, no recognition to his achievements and basically airbrushing him from the record books. The fact that we haven't been given a single explanation of his actions that warranted a sacking also speaks volumes of the ECB.

And finally I don't understand those that bemoan the fact that he didn't go and play championship county cricket last year. I've seen the point made on here that sums it up well... If you are told there is no chance of you ever being considered to be selected again then why on earth would you turn down the much larger sums of money available playing elsewhere? Ultimately this is someones livelihood we are talking about, it's in anyones interest to maximise the money they can make in their career, especially given the short career spans of a professional cricketer.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
KP is a ****, but props where it is due, suplex city bitch.

"Graham Gooch - you captained a rebel tour of SA, got banned & then returned to the England team. I don't think I've done anything as bad!"
Ha ha.. This is awesome.

harsh.ag

Tbf, the difference that KP will make to the English test side can be argued to be minimal at best. Although he is still the best bet for a monumental 2nd innings knock away from home against difficult bowling.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha yeah.

He definitely belted the **** out of Gooch, but reading Goochs comments (and unless I'm missing something), he didn't say anything too bad about KP. Probably history there.

Gooch acknowledged KP Pr team has wiped the floor with the ECB, which is true.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pietersen isn't King Arthur, he's 30 odd with a dodgy knee and for all intents and purposes had a year out of the game last year to boot.

In the 2013 series against the Aussies he was hardly that impressive both in England and Australia, the stupid post in this discussion is your own, which seems to imply that KP is some kind of cricketing god and with him we will most certainly win; news flash for you, we lost with him when he atleast had some long form cricket behind him to back him up.
To extend the Monty Python analogy, he's more like the Black Knight:

"You texted members of the opposition to call your test captain a ****"

"Tis but a trifle; Straussy is one of my best mates"

"Your teammates set up a parody Twitter feed to take the piss"

"I want to play for England; help out the lads"

"Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no friends in the England team; everyone hates you."

"KP always triumphs! I am invicible. Running away, eh? You yellow bastards, I'll tweet you legs off!"

man graves got even worse after this
Given what he's already said before he takes over, one does rather worry what he'll do when he actually does.

Howe_zat

Audio File
To extend the Monty Python analogy, he's more like the Black Knight:

"You texted members of the opposition to call your test captain a ****"

"Tis but a trifle; Straussy is one of my best mates"

"Your teammates set up a parody Twitter feed to take the piss"

"I want to play for England; help out the lads"

"Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no friends in the England team; everyone hates you."

"KP always triumphs! I am invicible. Running away, eh? You yellow bastards, I'll tweet you legs off!"
:laugh:

so good

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I like KP - maybe because he's a bit like me..

I want him to come back to England team and teach Cook and company how to hold a bat.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
you can't replace a 25 year old who just averaged 70 odd during your summer with a 34 year old with a dodgy knee and no recent history of decent performance.

this is the thing i find most tiresome about the whole affair, there is no place for him in that test match side at the moment. the middle order was one area of the side that seemed to really settle last summer with ballance and root cementing their spots. i would loath to give him a spot over one of the young bucks and bell has the senior spot nailed down.

Pothas

If he scores a **** load of runs for Surrey then a space can be found for him I am sure. Before that happens then nothing.