• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Given that I never claimed to know what is going on in the English dressing room, I am gonna assume you are still hungover from your drinks last night... We will discuss when you can act like an actual serious poster and not lay baseless accusations just because someone has the opposite opinion on something...
You said you were close to 100% sure that KP's behaviour was no worse than others in the team. If this isn't acting like you have definitive knowledge as to what was going on, then what is?

Funny how once I called you on your **** you call it out as baseless accusations and talk about opposite opinions, when you were happy to call me out and say i was ignoring facts. hb101, make ****ty posts and then act as though someone else has made it personal because butter wouldn't melt

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You said you were close to 100% sure that KP's behaviour was no worse than others in the team. If this isn't acting like you have definitive knowledge as to what was going on, then what is?

Funny how once I called you on your **** you call it out as baseless accusations and talk about opposite opinions, when you were happy to call me out and say i was ignoring facts. hb101, make ****ty posts and then act as though someone else has made it personal because butter wouldn't melt
I also said it was based on observation from a distance and how they came across on the public domain... And honestly the rest of your ****ty post sums up why no one bothers to argue with your crap... Go take a hike mate, GIMH 101 just involves calling anyone who does not share his opinion a **** and then act as though that is the posters' norm and not yours.. I am done with this... I have stated my opinions and I have said I have formed them based on observation of how they came across on the public domain from a distance.. If that is what you claim is the same as "First hand knowledge", then the readers can form their own opinions on who is the ****wit...

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've not called anyone a **** round these parts in about four years, aside from in jest to people I clearly get on well with. You'll have to try harder mate, poor effort but thanks for trying. Keep moving those goalposts.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Did he not have knee surgery post Ashes that in fairness to him would have ruled him out of the start of the season or have I imagined that?
Another reason not to let him return, he has a dodgy knee and at 34 it isn't going to improve.
Haha. Kumble pretty much played the last 3-4 years of his career with a terrible shoulder. Kimble actually had far better returns particularly abroad later. Injuries can have various degrees and I would let KP and the English board decide on it.

I think people don't realise that if KP can play 3 years or so of test cricket it would be great for the test side. As I said earlier, a strong will for this and vision is required.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It was so much easier back in the times of Boycott I guess. Yes there were controversies but without a million types of cricket going around, you only really had one real goal as a top cricketer - to play tests and do really well in them.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha. Kumble pretty much played the last 3-4 years of his career with a terrible shoulder. Kimble actually had far better returns particularly abroad later. Injuries can have various degrees and I would let KP and the English board decide on it.

I think people don't realise that if KP can play 3 years or so of test cricket it would be great for the test side. As I said earlier, a strong will for this and vision is required.
The bloke isn't worth the hassle, India decided Kambli wasn't, did the rest of the world tell them to bring him back no matter what? Just because he was a good player doesn't mean he can act in any way he feels and disrupt the team.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yet again I note that the only people saying he should come back are the non-English. The ones who have more of a handle on what's gone on don't want him anywhere near the team yet get abuse for saying that from people who think they know what's gone on.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The bloke isn't worth the hassle, India decided Kambli wasn't, did the rest of the world tell them to bring him back no matter what? Just because he was a good player doesn't mean he can act in any way he feels and disrupt the team.
The chapter was closed, done and dusted. With the recent comment, it has reopened. As Boycott said recently, they should be clear to KP.

Regarding your other point regarding disruption - it is not as if he played 15 tests and was shelved because of being a crazy person. If he played so many tests, he cannot have been disruptive all the time. Personalities can clash and there can be issues at stages which are difficult. You don't feel he is worth the hassle. I feel he is. If he gives you an average of 45 over the next 3 years, that's worth gold. I am not suggesting to have him play tests from tomorrow. Even KP would know that he cannot do that. Be clear to him, whatever one feels, and that way both parties benefit.

flibbertyjibber

Ok wise guy who do you drop to fit him in then?

Ballance, Bell or Root unless you see him replacing Moeen as the spinning allrounder?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The Boycott comparison is interesting.

For all Pietersen's personality quirks it's a real struggle to believe he was as big a **** as Sir Geoffrey.

The real difference is, I suppose, that during Boycott's self-imposed exile he was scoring mountains of runs for France. If KP did similarly then he may have a case, but his "I wanna play guv" schtick isn't backed up by anything concrete.

flibbertyjibber

No one as there is no question of KP coming for the next series. Would have him over Bell or Ballance if KP is playing like KP.
So he comes back in the summer then, no way he could play the NZ series as he is in the IPL so you are saying drop the guy who averages 60 or the guy who got man of the series the last time the ashes were here.

andmark

International Captain
Yet again I note that the only people saying he should come back are the non-English. The ones who have more of a handle on what's gone on don't want him anywhere near the team yet get abuse for saying that from people who think they know what's gone on.
I think it's not because Englishmen know more about him than the rest of the world do, rather that Englishmen have to live with the media outcries and controversies when something happens with him.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
KP has to be told clearly that you can have as good a chance as any if you play county cricket and make tons of runs. The possibility of him being told this, him opting to play lots of county cricket, him then scoring tons of runs and then getting picked is pretty bleak. If he plays even 70% of the county games though, and scores runs, it can happen. If he drops the Caribbean Premier League and just plays the IPL, would how many first class games would he put into the season? This really is KP's last chance as far as I am concerned.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
So he comes back in the summer then, no way he could play the NZ series as he is in the IPL so you are saying drop the guy who averages 60 or the guy who got man of the series the last time the ashes were here.
No way KP can come back before scoring runs in county cricket. So I don't see KP back in the test side this English summer. After that time, what slots are available and what is not in the team, who knows.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Some of the people saying it are just really really ****ing useless posters too, which would also explain things.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Oh so you want to wait till he is past his 35th birthday before bringing him back. Why bother at that age?
With the fitness levels in the modern game playing till 38 isn't unheard of. Tests or players like KP don't come along every day. There is every reason to bother.

andmark

International Captain
With the fitness levels in the modern game playing till 38 isn't unheard of. Tests or players like KP don't come along every day. There is every reason to bother.
But then you'd be taking 3 years of development from someone like Gary Ballance or James Taylor in favour of a short term fix.