• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He might have felt like playing earlier but may not have brought himself to it, or he may have seen lots of money coming through and a career of sorts in T20 for the next few of years. A sports person has a limited career in which he can make money. Was he supposed to play county cricket with no forseeable future for England or was he supposed to have some money for himself and his family?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He might have felt like playing earlier but may not have brought himself to it, or he may have seen lots of money coming through and a career of sorts in T20 for the next few of years. A sports person has a limited career in which he can make money. Was he supposed to play county cricket with no forseeable future for England or was he supposed to have some money for himself and his family?
I've already gone into my thoughts on what he should have done (I am 50-50) but the bottom line is he said he was going to play championship cricket and didn't. He's a liar.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Did he not have knee surgery post Ashes that in fairness to him would have ruled him out of the start of the season or have I imagined that?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Did he not have knee surgery post Ashes that in fairness to him would have ruled him out of the start of the season or have I imagined that?

No that is exactly what happened and that is why I mentioned the injury bit and I think he played and sucked in a couple of games at the end of the season when he was fit anyways.. He always had the IPL deal and it was always going to be prioritized over his county deal that year... He was supposed to play the championship games after IPL and he had an injury and did not play till he was fit.. Obviously, facts need to be avoided if they don't suit one's point, per GIMH...

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently Leicestershire have made him an offer - if he is so keen to play for England again he's prepared to play there then he really does deserve another chance imo - 'tis the cricketing equivalent of signing for Tranmere Rovers :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No that is exactly what happened and that is why I mentioned the injury bit and I think he played and sucked in a couple of games at the end of the season when he was fit anyways.. He always had the IPL deal and it was always going to be prioritized over his county deal that year... He was supposed to play the championship games after IPL and he had an injury and did not play till he was fit.. Obviously, facts need to be avoided if they don't suit one's point, per GIMH...
Cool, call me out, **** off

andmark

International Captain
Come on guys, so this thread's pretty much deteriorated to arguing. Let's be sensible tea drinking cricket chaps :euro:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah pretty sure this is true. KP probably overplaying it but he spoke about how much his knee affected his game a lot during his BBL comm stint.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They aren't facts, it isn't what you argued at first and it isn't exactly what happened. So jog along and dont try and be smug. You already discredited yourself when you claimed to have certain and definitive knowledge as to what went on in the England dressing room and continue to post as if you are an authority on this subject

I

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
pretty sure kp cares more about telling us how much he wants to play for england than he cares about actually playing for england so this works for everyone

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
pretty sure kp cares more about telling us how much he wants to play for england than he cares about actually playing for england so this works for everyone
I think is probably true. He'd probably like to play long enough to be our all-time highest run-scorer in tests, but that's about it.

Anyone know how many more he needs to achieve that?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I believe this to be 150% true. KP keeps insisting he wants to play for England, people keep telling him how much he's missed and how the current side dearly misses him.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
They aren't facts, it isn't what you argued at first and it isn't exactly what happened. So jog along and dont try and be smug. You already discredited yourself when you claimed to have certain and definitive knowledge as to what went on in the England dressing room and continue to post as if you are an authority on this subject

I

Given that I never claimed to know what is going on in the English dressing room, I am gonna assume you are still hungover from your drinks last night... We will discuss when you can act like an actual serious poster and not lay baseless accusations just because someone has the opposite opinion on something...