Page 82 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1570
Like Tree201Likes

Thread: It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Funnily enough, Pietersen was probably more successful and comfortable in a team with more "different/out there" characters - Vaughan, Flintoff, etc. When he was the odd one out I guess things turned.
    Jono likes this.

What's this I hear about Graeme Smith tweeting KP an asking if the "head boy slipped up" or something similar?
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Wasn't tweeted to KP, but he did tweet "did the head boy slip up?":

https://twitter.com/GraemeSmith49/st...23610191560704
    www.proudtofight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome...it's a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover (or should that be deep square-leg) for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    TC.. WAG.. Love reading your posts Think you have summarized my thoughts on how KP has been managed by England and ECB better than I could have
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by King Pietersen View Post
    Wasn't tweeted to KP, but he did tweet "did the head boy slip up?":

https://twitter.com/GraemeSmith49/st...23610191560704
    Love when modern-day Smith states his view, such a great insight. Clearly something there imo

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    EDIT: even now, look at someone like Maxwell. Now he's a "knob" (harmless though), but when he gets out at bad times playing Pietersen-esque shots and talks about how he knows that he let the team down terribly, etc. He understands that he gets extra license, but he owes his team in return. KP has the license, but as an opposing fan I never got the feeling that I was watching a guy who felt like he understood that transaction, he did whatever he liked "because I can".
    Missed this. Yes! There have been knobs forever in Aussie cricket but they're turfed, no matter how good they are, when that trust is violated. I, for example, could never have imagined England dropping Warne. Yeah, yeah, publicly it was for form reasons but the epic dummy spit by Warne afterward spoke volumes about what he was bringing into the team at that time.

Personally, it is and has always been a difference between the club and state-based systems. You know these guys and systems better, what do you think?
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

The Guardian's "The Spin":

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

No prizes for guessing what the quote of the week’s is. Andrew Strauss’s blunt description of Kevin Pietersen is in the annals now, alongside David Lloyd’s insistence that “we flippin’ murdered ‘em”, and Eddo Brandes’ infamous riposte to Glenn McGrath. The words rather speak for themselves, but the insatiably curious can hear them here, beneath a fig-leaf bleep.

Three thoughts occur. The first is that had the slip been made by a professional broadcaster rather than a player-turned pundit, it would surely have resulted in a more severe censure than Strauss has been subjected to. Hard as this may be to believe, you don’t need to be an expert in an enormous number of skills to make a living talking about sport. So it is a little embarrassing to see Strauss working for Sky when he is so oblivious to even the few fundamentals of his job, like not swearing within hearing-distance of the microphone.

The second is that it is yet another example of how Pietersen’s PR team have run rings around his opponents at the ECB and elsewhere. Add Strauss’s remarks to the list of blunders, along with Paul Downton’s ill-advised comments about Pietersen being “disinterested”, which he was later made to apologise for, the railing against people “outside cricket”, and Giles Clarke’s odd remarks about Cook being from the “right family”. Pietersen is not blameless in this business, but they have certainly done their best to make him look like the victim.

The third, and most interesting, is that the remarks do at least expose the strength of the anger and resentment that has been festering in the England dressing room in recent years. It may have been common knowledge that Strauss and Pietersen did not get on, but many, surely, will have been shocked to see such naked enmity between the two of them. The journalists who cover the team have only ever been able to hint at how deep the ructions have been. Now they have been laid bare for all to see.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    They should do a lunchtime interview with Strauss on why KP is a **** IMO

Has he had any ribbing about it during this Test?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Best thing about it IMO was that there was absolutely no context to it at all other than Pietersen getting out.
    Prince EWS likes this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    KP's love of biltong is spot on #randomfactoftheday

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Just read his tweets on cricinfo, seems he is going to give us all his wisdom soon on IPL, Bopara and the press.

I can't wait.

Funnily enough, Pietersen was probably more successful and comfortable in a team with more "different/out there" characters - Vaughan, Flintoff, etc. When he was the odd one out I guess things turned.
    I don't think that was it. More that you don't piss on your own team-mates when your'e a newcomer, so he was never going to create a fuss when Vaughan was in charge, or even during Flintoff's time as captain. Plus he wasn't going to take it all for granted at that stage, so his attitude would have been better anyway.

Funny how his mate Morgan's been a bit quieter lately.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Won't be any time soon as the major UK publishers pretend we don't exist and never send us review copies, and I'm ****ed if I'm going to shell out my hard-earned on it - might buy it when it gets remaindered after Chrimbo and I can get it for a couple of quid though

Will read it on my break.

Page 82 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread Information