• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The view from inside?? As far as I have followed, Morgan and a couple of other guys have batted for KP too... I think there has been a lot of Anderson, Broad and Swann Vs KP... And during the first flare up, Strauss got into the bowlers group as well.. But even then, I remember Prior and Cook batting for KP a bit.. Guess after the Ashes tour, those two joined with the other group too...

From this distance and as a casual observer, it looks like KP was just as much of a **** as Anderson, Broad and Swann were.. It is just that when it went up against the captain and coach, they all joined up and decided it was too much for them. I am sure KP has made his share of mistakes in letting the situation get to such proportions, but I am almost 100% sure that others have been at fault just as much as him, most importantly, ECB and what seems like an egomaniac head of theirs, Giles Clarke... Seriously, he puts Srini to shame at times...
Sorry, nobody has 'batted' for KP

Morgan wasn't part of the Test squad anyhow but just because KP said he'd want him there doesn't mean he would...he was pretty pissed off with KP, it seemed, when answering questions on him in his first press conference

How, as a casual observer can you claim him to be as much of a dick as the others? They don't come off well from his side of the story. His side. KP's. Large parts are probably true. Why would someone as professional as Strauss have just decided to 'take their side' as it were? He wouldn't

Simple fact. Nobody outside the team environment can be anything close to 100% sure of anything that went on. While sometimes in life there are coincidences, there are many teams who have decided KP is not worth their bother and none who have decided this for Anderson or Broad. Swann of course this can't be said for, as he was a right tool on his first England call-up and it took him a long, long time to recover from it.

Nobody likes Giles Clarke and this whole situation has been a farce from day one but let's not pretend KP has brought nothing on himself. He's a tool.

nottsinexile

Cricket Spectator
Personally I cannot stand the bloke.
As he needs to be top dog then maybe he should qualify for Ireland or Scotland to extend his sell by date?
However, I do wonder how KP will cope without cricket and mere mortals stroking his ego?
Cricket will survive without him but what will the dear boy do when the tweeting and the celebrity invites dry up?
KP RIP

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Best bit was when Ponting was guessing who the bigger egos were in the England team than KP (per KP's book) and basically said Prior, Broad and Anderson.

A trio of ****s

KP neither confirmed nor denied.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Best bit was when Ponting was guessing who the bigger egos were in the England team than KP (per KP's book) and basically said Prior, Broad and Anderson.

A trio of ****s

And yet they've not been kicked out of multiple cricketing teams in disgrace for off field reasons. Makes you think.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Regardless of what you make of KP's sacking, the ECB really ****ed up the selling of it IMO.

AFAIC we still don't know what exactly made KP (allegedly) such a toxic influence in the dressing room that England dumped him. Now KP looks like the sympathetic figure to the general public when he probably isn't.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
And yet they've not been kicked out of multiple cricketing teams in disgrace for off field reasons. Makes you think.
Did any of those other teams kick KP out and then bring him back again, and then later kick him out again?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No but that hardly champions KP's cause

I know you love bringing up how much you hate the ECB - but nobody is defending them.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You guys are the ones that have backflipped on KP so many times its impossible to remember despite the fact he is still the same guy he was 5 years ago. He is the same KP when you made him captain and then when you sacked him as captain and then when you sacked him for texting SA players and then when you brought him back to play Godlike innings and then when you sacked him again.

Every time the fans have known what they got with him, as have the selectors, as have the Board and as have the players. But suddenly he's the villain because he's speaking out. Weak. You either hate KP back then when he was winning you games and you hate him now, can't be one of the other.

The bloke has been a **** from day 1, everyone knew it.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

A trio of ****s

Swann in place of Anderson surely?

I'll need to re-read it again to be 100% but KP basically excluded Anderson from the bowling clique in his book and said that he'd never had a problem with him. Certainly not to the extent he obviously had a problem with Prior, Broad and Swann anyway.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Swann in place of Anderson surely?

I'll need to re-read it again to be 100% but KP basically excluded Anderson from the bowling clique in his book and said that he'd never had a problem with him. Certainly not to the extent he obviously had a problem with Prior, Broad and Swann anyway.
My point is it revealed what Punter thought of those players.

He insinuated Swann too tbf, but I think in terms of ego its clear Anderson's is gigantic. There is absolutely no denying that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You guys are the ones that have backflipped on KP so many times its impossible to remember despite the fact he is still the same guy he was 5 years ago. He is the same KP when you made him captain and then when you sacked him as captain and then when you sacked him for texting SA players and then when you brought him back to play Godlike innings and then when you sacked him again.

Every time the fans have known what they got with him, as have the selectors, as have the Board and as have the players. But suddenly he's the villain because he's speaking out. Weak. You either hate KP back then when he was winning you games and you hate him now, can't be one of the other.

The bloke has been a **** from day 1, everyone knew it.
The other point on this - you all knew KP's past getting kicked out of teams. Yet he was made captain. Yet he was praised by the fans. Now his past problems with other teams is proof he's in the wrong here.

Eyes wide open. But he has a twitter account now and he's whining about being sacked (first guy to ever do that). How dare he.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
My point is it revealed what Punter thought of those players.

He insinuated Swann too tbf, but I think in terms of ego its clear Anderson's is gigantic. There is absolutely no denying that.
Anderson's never struck me as having a massive ego. Swann, Prior and Broad all strike me as sports jacket wearing jocks who think they're the best thing since sliced bread if we're casting them in an American teen high school movie, whereas Jimmeh would be the black leather coat wearing grumpy as **** goth muttering to himself in the corner.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The other point on this - you all knew KP's past getting kicked out of teams. Yet he was made captain. Yet he was praised by the fans. Now his past problems with other teams is proof he's in the wrong here.

Eyes wide open. But he has a twitter account now and he's whining about being sacked (first guy to ever do that). How dare he.
The captaincy basically landed on KP by default due to the circumstances of summer 2008. Under normal circumstances I don't think the board would have gone near him.

I've always thought, depending on how sharp he is tactically, that he'd make the perfect vice captain though.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
KP has a few years cricket left in him. He should be able to tap into two years of test cricket and him being there would be really good for England in the Ashes, but there needs to be a strong will and cricketing intelligence to use this.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
LOL @ Jono telling people what opinions they are allowed to have and that KP is the same guy now as five years ago despite a lack of evidence.

In fact pretty much universally accepted that it was post-captaincy saga that the worm turned. It's the guys who played with him prior to this (Freddie, Vaughan) who are quick to defend him and those who come after this time that hate him. But of course, he's the same guy he's always been. Nevermind it's clear he made far more effort to integrate into the dressing room and behave early in his career. Nevermind he clearly did the same in the India away tour before reverting to type.

Wrong again Jono.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Anderson's never struck me as having a massive ego. Swann, Prior and Broad all strike me as sports jacket wearing jocks who think they're the best thing since sliced bread if we're casting them in an American teen high school movie, whereas Jimmeh would be the black leather coat wearing grumpy as **** goth muttering to himself in the corner.
is this a joke, of course he has an ego.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol @ you saying lack of evidence when there is no evidence and reasonable argument given about why KP should be sacked other than referring to incidents in the past, when he was openly brought back in the team after these incidents and you supported him.

Also pretty sure Tremlett played with KP post captaincy GIMH, and defended him. Wrong again GIMH.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've admitted plenty of times that I believe my support was incorrect, at the very least post-reintegration. You seem to think that people aren't allowed to ever change their minds on anything. I was FURIOUS when we sacked him. Everything from KP's mouth alone since then justifies how toxic he must be for a team environment. This is what changed my mind, along with reviewing various anecdotes from over the years.

Obviously in Jonoland once we form an opinion, that's it for life. Would explain your **** posting actually.