Cricket Player Manager
Page 78 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1570
Like Tree201Likes

Thread: It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Yeah the comparisons are lazy and dim-witted, not surprising they came first from a lazy and dim-witted source. Yet he has lots of Twitter followers so we should take note apparently. Personally I see this as the ultimate democracy and can't wait to see Gaga and Bieber take up their rightful place as joint presidents of the World.
    Are you calling me lazy and dim-witted?

Probably right though.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Are you calling me lazy and dim-witted?

Probably right though.
    No Piers Morgan originally. I guess you're collateral damage in a worthy cause.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Pfffft, pos article, as are most that I've read on that site.

Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Pfffft, pos article, as are most that I've read on that site.
    It's not great is it, keeps on being used by some in this argument. I think I filleted the last article. Won't bother again. Yet the main point is it's a ****ing blog, you might as well just post your own views it has the same legitimacy. The strawmanning is the most irritating thing, as it is in much of the internet.

Just retreads much of that older article too..

I don't even know why I'm responding. Social has never cared for English Cricket before, so why does he keep banging on about this now? Oh yes because it has created division in England, so despite all his faux-outrage, he's just doing it for mischief.

In the end, the over-riding opinion now, even amongst all but the die-hard KP fans, and I count Maxie Allen as one of them in that, is let it go. No turning back, move on without KP. In the end all this just proves one fact above all, that he is ****ing divisive.

So I am annoyed at strauss for his comment being broadcast, because it bring's the ****ing idiot trolls and morons back into it. Rather forgetting that KP looks as much a Test cricketer ATM, as Piers Morgan himself.
    Last edited by grecian; 07-07-2014 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    It's not great is it, keeps on being used by some in this argument. I think I filleted the last article. Won't bother again. Yet the main point is it's a ****ing blog, you might as well just post your own views it has the same legitimacy. The strawmanning is the most irritating thing, as it is in much of the internet.

Just retreads much of that older article too..

I don't even know why I'm responding. Social has never cared for English Cricket before, so why does he keep banging on about this now? Oh yes because it has created division in England, so despite all his faux-outrage, he's just doing it for mischief.

In the end, the over-riding opinion now, even amongst all but the die-hard KP fans, and I count Maxie Allen as one of them in that, is let it go. No turning back, move on without KP. In the end all this just proves one fact above all, that he is ****ing divisive.

So I am annoyed at strauss for his comment being broadcast, because it bring's the ****ing idiot trolls and morons back into it. Rather forgetting that KP looks as much a Test cricketer ATM, as Piers Morgan himself.
    My only concern is that cricket fans wont be able to watch KP on the world stage again and that is a shame

Having said that, life goes on but the dickheads in and around the ECB don't seem to want to let it go and they are the ones creating the divisions not me, KP or anyone else

As for KP, I don't know him personally but know a few people that do and everything they have told me about him gels with that blog

Take Alec Stewart for example

Anyone that knows Alec will tell you that he doesn't suffer fools easily and yet he cant speak highly enough of the bloke (the only negatives in his mind are KP's age and dicky knee)

This situation is nothing more than a man management ****-up of epic proportions

The team will eventually recover (albeit under a different captain) but in the meantime, fans have been short-changed and the character assassination continues

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    I know Alec Stewart blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I know Alec Stewart blah blah
    Well his word is a bit more reliable than some random poster who simply says KP is a **** and you must believe it because I say so

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Well, I know Alec Stewart myself, and he once told me that he thinks KP is a ****.
    uvelocity likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Well his word is a bit more reliable than some random poster who simply says KP is a ****
    It wasn't a random poster though, it was Andrew Strauss. KP's former captain.

Me n Straussie regularly share afternoon teas together............and anyone that knows Andrew would know that he would not say that Kevin Pietersen is a ****, unless he was in fact a ****.
    _Ed_, Jono, harsh.ag and 1 others like this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    I know Ian Bell and he told me Strauss and KP used to snog in the shower but had a bad break up after KP got caught texting some South African bird.
    uvelocity likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Never had a tea with Sledger but know he's a ****.
    Daemon, Viscount Tom and uvelocity like this.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    I once met Neil Foster and he had no view on Kevin Pietersen at the time. Granted, it was 1989 and Pietersen was 9, but I expect England cricketers to be well informed regarding players who may share the three lions in future.
    _Ed_ and uvelocity like this.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

I once had lunch with Burgey, and he paid and I haven't returned the favour yet.

Oh, and he also thought KP is a ****.
    GIMH, Flem274*, Adders and 2 others like this.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

KP's not anymore of a dick than any co-worker I have had during my life, that I can say with more than enough certainty. Strangely enough, I was able to make it work with all of them.

By the way, was there a problem between them wrt Cook's captaincy style and what KP thought needed to drastically change on the field?
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Page 78 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread Information