• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was by Adrian Durham though. Probably the worst 'journalist' that's ever lived.
Indeed. Actually he's quite frustrating as he has good knowledge, particularly of lower-league football, his Saturday shows are generally good when I listen to them. Yet he's decided to portray this hideous trolling persona for his drive-time show and Daily Mail column.

Frustrating for me when someone like Marcotti get's involved and starts tweeting about it. He may have to be unfollowed. Quite frankly I've not actively tried to see any of KP's opus, or read any silly dossier, or Vaughan's, Swann's, Hoggard's, Cork's, Shahzad's, Prior's, Boycott's, Gooches or most importantly Piers Morgans view, yet I can't stop seeing it.

I genuinely don't care anymore, and have heard all the circular argument he-said-he-said arguments that I can take on a subject.

cnerd123

likes this
England Cricket Features: Kevin Pietersen: 'I made mistakes, said things I shouldn't have said' | ESPN Cricinfo

Dobell: What comes after playing for you?
KP: The most exciting thing I have going on at present is my foundation and academy in Dubai. I have a really exciting programme for the kids: it will be the best cricket academy in the world. I will be hands on. I'll be there at least four times a year and I'll be giving masterclasses. I have friends such as Chris Gayle and Yuvraj Singh coming to give masterclasses, too.

Look, I'm probably never going to be director of cricket at Derbyshire, but I love coaching. I love helping youngsters. I helped out the bowlers with their batting on the last Ashes tour. They said they were just abused when the coaches threw balls at them. I gave them a technique that I thought would help them defend themselves. I said to Jimmy Anderson at T20 Finals Day: "Hey, what about your batting this summer?" But nobody leaked that, did they? It didn't suit the agenda of the ECB to leak news that might have been positive about me. It never suited the ECB to say that I was trying to help my team-mates. Draw your own conclusions.
That's interesting.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Indeed. Actually he's quite frustrating as he has good knowledge, particularly of lower-league football, his Saturday shows are generally good when I listen to them. Yet he's decided to portray this hideous trolling persona for his drive-time show and Daily Mail column.

Frustrating for me when someone like Marcotti get's involved and starts tweeting about it. He may have to be unfollowed. Quite frankly I've not actively tried to see any of KP's opus, or read any silly dossier, or Vaughan's, Swann's, Hoggard's, Cork's, Shahzad's, Prior's, Boycott's, Gooches or most importantly Piers Morgans view, yet I can't stop seeing it.

I genuinely don't care anymore, and have heard all the circular argument he-said-he-said arguments that I can take on a subject.
'Football first in Europe' which he hosted about a decade ago, on Monday nights on Talk****e was absolutely superb. Best sports radio I've ever head. Used to have Marcotti, Balague, Honigstein and Rivoire on rotation as the weekly guests.

I guess it just didn't appeal enough to the white van man demographic. Hence him resorting to his dull as dish water, Arsenal baiting drive time show.

social

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
This whole apologising for dropped catches and other errors in the field is such a load of ****. I don't care what sport you are playing, if you make a mistake that affects your team you should hold up your hand, apologise immediately, and then that is that. Lingering on such things just breeds contempt and resentment. Easier said than done perhaps, but people who make a big deal about this sort of thing are just the worst.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
As in the bowlers lingering about it or the fielders being unhappy is bs? Not sure who you are blaming here?

Spark

Global Moderator
Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well, yeah, the point I was making is that too much of a big deal is made about it just generally. Apologising should not be a big deal, nor should making mistakes be. People just need to move on.

It's the bowlers going off their heads that makes the whole idea of making a proper apology a big issue, when imo it needn't be.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
My general rule when playing is always apologise for poor fielding but never go off at someone when they do it themselves.

It's not that hard to not be a ****. Though evidently for some it was.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I will admit to occasionally shouting at fielders when a (simple) catch is dropped of my bowling. Not proud of it, mostly just frustration in the moment. Generally things are forgotten once off the field though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I was actually considering writing an article for the site that was going to be critical of the ECB's man management of this whole sorry affair.

harsh.ag

So there was a time, not too long back, when playing in the national team didn't used to be about team exercises, and bonding, and team spirit and all that, but just eleven guys getting together, and getting **** done on the field. There was less, say, back-office.

I am genuinely interested to know what people here think has been the blessings of today's more hands-on team spirit culture. Would KP have had a longer run in the earlier era culture?