• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Woodster

International Captain
Just seems like something that could have been dealt with after the series with a fine or something. This just seems to have come down to a battle of egos and it is unfortunate that we will not get to see KP in such a critical test.
K.P does need to take some blame in all of this though, if for nothing else than know who your true friends are. That was borderline assanine.
If it was just the text thing, I'm sure they could have got KP in a room and give him a real dressing down, I still think there's many issues involved, perhaps even some that have not come out, and it has simply got too much for Flower, Strauss, the ECB, etc.

I like KP, I like listening to him, love watching him, and can even put up with all his prima-donna stuff on the pitch, but he just seems to be continually pushing to see how far he can go before they take action. I mean does he seriously think he's bigger then the team? Does he think the England team need him more than he needs them ? If so, he's on very thin ice with only one possible outcome.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I know, but we put up with Lara for much longer and at times for much worse, so I guess my tolerance level is much higher.
Shame though that we would get to see KP in the next test.

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
I know, but we put up with Lara for much longer and at times for much worse, so I guess my tolerance level is much higher.
Shame though that we would get to see KP in the next test.
Comparing Lara and Pietersen? From the sublime, to the ridiculous!

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
Just seems like something that could have been dealt with after the series with a fine or something. This just seems to have come down to a battle of egos and it is unfortunate that we will not get to see KP in such a critical test.
K.P does need to take some blame in all of this though, if for nothing else than know who your true friends are. That was borderline assanine.
Rubbish. If he's been sending texts to the Boers criticizing his teammates then he should never play for England again.

Eds

International Debutant
Interested to know, CWB, assuming England do not recall Pietersen ever again (which I actually think is unlikely..), what your stance on dropping Bell is?

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
Interested to know, CWB, assuming England do not recall Pietersen ever again (which I actually think is unlikely..), what your stance on dropping Bell is?
Depends on whether he's been sending naughty texts or not....

hazsa19

International Regular
I posted a while ago that we should just give KP what he wants with regard to odi cricket.

Obviously I was wrong, his demands became unacceptable, the rumours of texts to the opposition are shameful, and the youtube video was embarrassing.

Either we go on without him- we'll probably lose our no.1 status next week, but we'll recover well in the long run, or he makes a full apology and accepts that the team comes first. One of those seems an awful lot more likely tbh..

Last edited:

Cruxdude

International Debutant
So are ECB going to track down whoever leaked the behind-closed-door discussions? Would be the fair thing to do considering what they are banning KP for.

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
Seriously though I think this is a great opportunity to get in some of the other outstanding youngsters in the county game to play alongside Taylor in a revamped middle order. For me Trott, Cook and Prior are the only untouchables in the top 7. Strauss also so long as the selectors reckon he's the best skipper. So, with KP having been shown the door, that leaves three spots to fill.

Bell is not good enough. I've said it enough times - and he keeps proving me right -; whenever confronted with a good attack, he fails. Miserably.

Taylor is looking promising and I reckon he'll have a good career and can fill the number four spot.

Which leaves two spots open to young guys coming through. Let's see them play.

Pietersen was utterly pathetic in that interview he posted on You Tube btw. My goodness no wonder the other players have got sick of him. I got the distinct impression that the only thing which motivates him is money, and that the only reason he gave that car crash interview was that his handlers had informed him that there was X per cent more money in retaining the cachet of England international and dabbling in IPL, than in being a full-time bish bosh mercenary at the whim of random crooked Indians.

Such are the depths to which this great game has plunged.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Christ is there a single thread you won't make AFL references in? Dire and boring.
Jesus, so touchy. Out of all the times to have a crack at one of us for making an AFL reference, this was a legitimate one.

Dead set what has happened to KP is almost the exact same thing that happened to another sports star (Jason Akermanis) at a club with the exact same result - the management/selectors not taking **** and the player with a huge ego thinking he was above the team and bitching about his fellow players being sacked/dropped.

Its just interesting how no matter what the sport, no matter what the country, what is best for the team environment always comes first. Or almost does at least.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Did it? When did the media say that he was expected to be dropped, as opposed to guessing/predicting?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
well 30 minutes out they seemed pretty sure. of course, that might not be leaking. they could hand out to the team to the press 30 minutes before it gets announced. still, i don't think the press then talking about is part of the plan

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Jesus, so touchy. Out of all the times to have a crack at one of us for making an AFL reference, this was a legitimate one.

Dead set what has happened to KP is almost the exact same thing that happened to another sports star (Jason Akermanis) at a club with the exact same result - the management/selectors not taking **** and the player with a huge ego thinking he was above the team and bitching about his fellow players being sacked/dropped.

Its just interesting how no matter what the sport, no matter what the country, what is best for the team environment always comes first. Or almost does at least.
But if it was only done when there was a legitimate opportunity then it wouldn't be so annoying. Tbh it isn't a big deal, but would be nice if I didn't see it crop up bloody everywhere.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Rubbish. If he's been sending texts to the Boers criticizing his teammates then he should never play for England again.
So if I'm having a drink after work, and send a text to a guy from another company talking about how big a **** the guy in the cubicle next to me is, should I immediately be fired?

Of all the criticisms of Pietersen, I think sending personal texts to friends (as stupid as it is, in his case), isn't the biggest issue.

Jager

International Debutant
So if I'm having a drink after work, and send a text to a guy from another company talking about how big a **** the guy in the cubicle next to me is, should I immediately be fired?

Of all the criticisms of Pietersen, I think sending personal texts to friends (as stupid as it is, in his case), isn't the biggest issue.
Totally agreed here, especially as it was described as 'friendly banter', so it's hardly like it was anything that was offensive

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

blimey touchy about the touchy, I don't really care, it was a chance to wind you and Benchmark up.