• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't think anyone seriously doubts that Broad/Anderson/Swann go off their heads when fielders **** up, we've all seen that with our own eyes.

Teja.

Global Moderator
So good to see the whole James Anderson earnest, professional top bloke image being shattered over the last 3-4 years.

DriveClub

International Regular
Some quarters(ECB) saying the dossier isn't real and wasnt prepared by the ECB as it is poorly formatted and doesn't even look professional while some saying it was a deliberate leak by ECB to the press while denying involvement.

Who would create a dossier like this for every player even before the Ashes unless they wanted to sack him even before the Ashes and were waiting for the right time.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Interesting to see the comments around Prior/Trott also.

England really need a good captain now, someone who is a strong/fair leader.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In Summary

KP: hard to work with but hardly unmanageable (see Vaughan for evidence of this fact)

AF: down-hill skier when it comes to management

AF uses whatever credit he has left to cast KP as the scapegoat for Ashes debacle and shore up his future employment

And to think that all the ECB needed to do to avoid this debacle was pick KP for the T20 WC, leave him out of the tests vs SL (citing new era, different direction, blah blah blah) and treat him with a tiny bit of respect as he headed off into T20 retirement

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Well yeah and ideally you'd rather a given player not go out rather than go out. But if said player is still playing well enough to get in the team on merit even when going out the night before matches then I don't understand the relevance of his nighttime activities at all from a selection standpoint. Sure make efforts in whatever way you like to get him to not go out but don't drop him over it as you're just needlessly harming the team.

That's not to say I disagree with getting rid of Pietersen as on balance I lean towards thinking it is the right decision, just for other reasons.
New Zealand fans would have enough case studies with one bloke to explain to you why this approach is completely the wrong one.

It's not about being in the side on merit, it's about giving yourself - thus the team - the best chance to win through giving yourself the best chance to perform. If someone nicks out, drops a catch, bowls an over or two of complete dross and the rest of the side knows he was on the ink, or even trained like a donkey mid-week, that's effecting morale. It's not 1970 anymore where all 22 were/still are drunk at the toss.

Who's doing PR for England? Wouldn't it be better to let KP blow off his steam (and thus his silly friend Piers as well), release him to the Melbourne Stars and then magically in 2 weeks everything is forgotten about? But now we're going to release dossiers, Prior is going to fight back, and basically pouring fuel on the fire.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pietersen should thank Ed Smith for that article. But he won't. Because people who are like that, they need to not believe they are like that. And I think Ed knows that too. I hope Pietersen becomes special, in his own eyes, again, but sadly, I have doubt over that.

jan

State Vice-Captain
So is KP a crybaby and Swann a ****?

I wonder how it would be in my club if we had a KP there...

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Swann is a colossal ****, no question.

One of those popped collar wearing, lad bible reading types who will happily sit there and insult you to your face whilst masking it behind a false veneer of good natured "banter".