• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

jan

State Vice-Captain
I intended to ignore this (another) KP thing but it has got so good with the dossier. And it seems its only gonna get better :D

Spark

Global Moderator
Curious that the reaction on here that this dossier is damning evidence, whilst the journos I'm following are all going "...really? That's it?"

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Curious that the reaction on here that this dossier is damning evidence, whilst the journos I'm following are all going "...really? That's it?"
That dossier is nothing we hadn't basically heard already. We knew he was a problem in the eyes of management on tour and this backs that up.

Really the only new thing to come out in the last week is the bowlers and Prior thing if it is true.

Camo999

State 12th Man
Geez some of the points in the dossier are a bit weak: he whistled when he got out, he's responsible for Piers Morgan's tweets, he has a joke about going home cause his knee was playing up (he actually played on).

The Carberry jibe was not on but apart from that they really seem to be stretching to get rid of a guy who they probably could have dropped for form reasons anyway.

Also what coach refuses to even speak to one of his players for a whole test and the rest of the tour? Awesome leadership there.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One guy jokes about quitting after third test defeat, gets negative dossier mention. One guy quits every form of cricket after third test defeat, gets eulogies in his name.

harsh.ag

Also, I have always found this fascination with keeping players from going out at night before games to be a weird thing with coaches.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, I have always found this fascination with keeping players from going out at night before games to be a weird thing with coaches.
Why? Because it is better to have them out on the tiles doing stupid drunken **** ala Fredalo, Warner, Symonds, Ballance etc?

No one said being an International sportsmen is easy and there are plenty of "normal" aspects of life they have to sacrifice to reach these levels. As far as I'm concerned they are paid a **** load of money to play cricket for their country and lead a very privileged life.........if they have to stay off the grog and go to bed early whilst on tour to be in peak condition to play for their country then that's what they should be doing.

I know Flower is being portrayed as some hard ass disciplinarian (and I'm not arguing to the contrary).........but FMD, do you think he's the first coach to give his troops a curfew and tell them no drinking?? I would have thought it was pretty standard practice.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
What? You want them to prepare in the best possible manner.
Well yeah and ideally you'd rather a given player not go out rather than go out. But if said player is still playing well enough to get in the team on merit even when going out the night before matches then I don't understand the relevance of his nighttime activities at all from a selection standpoint. Sure make efforts in whatever way you like to get him to not go out but don't drop him over it as you're just needlessly harming the team.

That's not to say I disagree with getting rid of Pietersen as on balance I lean towards thinking it is the right decision, just for other reasons.

grecian

One guy jokes about quitting after third test defeat, gets negative dossier mention. One guy quits every form of cricket after third test defeat, gets eulogies in his name.
Gosh that's really good. The fact Swann has played tons of cricket after would show it clearly wasn't an injury at all and like Piers said he ran away.

Honestly, I just want the endless specious, strawman, horse**** from both side to stop. It's pathetic. I'm not sure why Flower is getting much stick though. In the end he's the only one not getting involved in the verbals. Which makes him slightly less of a doos or **** than the rest of them.

Mind you I probably don't worry about this stuff much because England dressing rooms have always been like this. Beefy and Lamb bullied anyone new. As did Gough, Fraser was a miserable ****. Has anyone read a Boycott era auto-biography. Oh and Hammond and Trueman were delightful apparently.

FFS it's in our nature, most brits can't name a workplace that isn't filled with this type of bollox.

Yet there wasn't the immediate ways off finding out through twitter and an ever sensationalized press. Newspapers can't rely on news anymore the internet does that, so them and cricinfo have to make the most of this boring codswallop.

harsh.ag

Why? Because it is better to have them out on the tiles doing stupid drunken **** ala Fredalo, Warner, Symonds, Ballance etc?

No one said being an International sportsmen is easy and there are plenty of "normal" aspects of life they have to sacrifice to reach these levels. As far as I'm concerned they are paid a **** load of money to play cricket for their country and lead a very privileged life.........if they have to stay off the grog and go to bed early whilst on tour to be in peak condition to play for their country then that's what they should be doing.

I know Flower is being portrayed as some hard ass disciplinarian (and I'm not arguing to the contrary).........but FMD, do you think he's the first coach to give his troops a curfew and tell them no drinking?? I would have thought it was pretty standard practice.
Look, all I am saying is that people are different. Some people do better when they go out and have fun before the big day. I always try to keep one day completely free before any big presentation or meeting, and did so before exams in school and college too. I try and get all my work and practice done beforehand.

I am not saying they have to go and get pissed. But if someone just wants to go out, relax, and have fun, it shouldn't be a big deal imo.

This whole thing about them being paid big bucks so they should regulate their behavior in line with public expectation misses the point imo. You wouldn't criticize any other professional in any other profession for taking a break like this, if they appear normal on the big day.

And no, I don't think Flower is the first coach to do so. That's why I wrote:

I have always found this fascination with keeping players from going out at night before games to be a weird thing with coaches.
:)

harsh.ag

Gosh that's really good. The fact Swann has played tons of cricket after would show it clearly wasn't an injury at all and like Piers said he ran away.

Honestly, I just want the endless specious, strawman, horse**** from both side to stop. It's pathetic. I'm not sure why Flower is getting much stick though. In the end he's the only one not getting involved in the verbals. Which makes him slightly less of a doos or **** than the rest of them.
You want CC to have, like, 20 posts a day?

I was kidding with the earlier post btw :)

Last edited:

DriveClub

International Regular
Ajmal Shehzad has confirmed that fielders had to apologize to the bowlers in the team meetings if they had done a mistake. Trotti apologized in next days team meeting in front of everyone on shehzads first odi against pakistan in dubai he says after a run out gaffe. So the bowling clique is true after all.

Last edited: