• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is going to get worse before it gets better, it seems.

Anyways, my main gripe with the whole thing is not being able to watch KP bat in tests, which i really want to do. I had been looking forward to 5 more years of him after all my favorites retired together, Dravid, Laxman, Ponting, and Tendulkar.

Now, we just have a perennially injured Clarke, and a perennially horny Kohli. ABdV and Amla essentially the only rays of sunshine in test batting masterclasses right now.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Wouldn't have proven a thing and they lost to SL anyway
Nah, if he played 50% plus of the season in the CC and was making tons when they were beating SL, in front of the English supporters, it would have been even better as a neutral observer.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah if KP, instead of being the only player putting up less runs than cook, was scoring tons, things would have been so crazy

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That's the one thing that would really have thrown the biggest spanner in the ECB works, him making a heap of runs this year.
yeah if KP, instead of being the only player putting up less runs than cook, was scoring tons, things would have been so crazy
That's the problem though, he's barely playing. & not scoring runs in the one format he still does grace with his presence.

I've no doubt there are some weapons grade tools in the England dressing room, but one of the defining characteristics of everywhere Pietersen has been is that it's ended badly with bitter recriminations from each side. Look at it this way; Swann & Strauss are about as different characters as one is likely to find (gobby, maverick show-off smart arse/straight-laced, true blue, by the numbers ex-public schoolie) and he's managed to end up on the outers with both of them.

The irony of it all is that he patently always wanted to be treated as a special case (time off for the IPL, etc) and then complains when he is singled out.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That he was given a place on the England Greatest ATXI Team while he was just 6 years into his career, ahead of the likes of Compton, May and Sutcliffe, makes me think that everyone did treat him as a special case :p

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
That he was given a place on the England Greatest ATXI Team while he was just 6 years into his career, ahead of the likes of Compton, May and Sutcliffe, makes me think that everyone did treat him as a special case :p
Talking about Cricinfo's one? That was only 4 years into his career...

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is anyone surprised that this is all coming out, no doubt there is more to come from both sides of the argument.

At least we have no games coming up and this will be long forgotten by the time we next play a test match.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Just read the dossier. Pretty hypocritical to berate a "bullying culture" then tell other players to get a thicker skin when his best mate is calling them cowards, call everyone a "bunch of ****s", ask if there isn't anyone better than Michael Carberry available and berate people for trying to galvanise the team.

As others have said, no one has come out of this at all well, and it's all very sad.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Thanks

Based on the dossier, if it's factual, then he fully deserved the chop

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, this is absolutely terrible. Some of the things said in respect of the young players and Carberry and so on are despicably poor.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah one of Ballance or Root wouldn't have played if KP had. They were our two best batsman in the summer so even if he played well (not something he'd really done for 18 months) it wouldn't have made a hugely significant difference.