Page 66 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    No HB, we aren't like Pakistan. When someone is dumped like that by our board they stay dumped.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    No HB, we aren't like Pakistan. When someone is dumped like that by our board they stay dumped.
    Well, except for the last time it happened to Pietersen...
    honestbharani and morgieb like this.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Well, except for the last time it happened to Pietersen...
    They never closed the door totally on him then though. This time it seems pretty clear cut.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Its just a gut feeling.. Not exactly a llogically worked out thought So we will just have to wait and see..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Not sure if typo suggests you were trying to say illogical or logical.

He's all me, me, me. Whilst I appreciate that he's a singular talent, this is a team game, his comment of "that's the way I play" just doesn't wash. Back in 1987 Ian Botham batted five hours for 51 not out to save the Oval test. Now that's a team man!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulted View Post
    He's all me, me, me. Whilst I appreciate that he's a singular talent, this is a team game, his comment of "that's the way I play" just doesn't wash. Back in 1987 Ian Botham batted five hours for 51 not out to save the Oval test. Now that's a team man!
    What about smashing 186 at Mumbai or 150-odd in Galle to singlehandedly win Tests (ok, Cook assisted the Mumbai effort) - is that not a team man?

Smashing 158 at the Oval when the rest of the top order **** themselves to win the Ashes for the first time in 18 years. Selfish ****.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Yeah.. this clique about KP is almost as annoying as the one that says his team mates were just jealous of him and his genius...

First Class Debutant YorksLanka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    What about smashing 186 at Mumbai or 150-odd in Galle to singlehandedly win Tests (ok, Cook assisted the Mumbai effort) - is that not a team man?

Smashing 158 at the Oval when the rest of the top order **** themselves to win the Ashes for the first time in 18 years. Selfish ****.
    absolutely agree, compare the situation with Kohli for India, no one cares about his cockyness on the pitch becuase he is their best player so why is it any different for KP?
    "Play Hard but play fair..."

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Nothing like a few bits of individual brilliance to underline how much of a team man someone is.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by YorksLanka View Post
    absolutely agree, compare the situation with Kohli for India, no one cares about his cockyness on the pitch becuase he is their best player so why is it any different for KP?
    Big difference is the fact that Kohli is 10 years younger and KP's best days are behind him.

As much as I love KP I can understand why they have got rid as he would be on borrowed time anyway just because of age and his performances have dropped off in recent times. The odd flash of brilliance but very little else.

i can see your point, but wouldnt you agree those individual performances were to save the team and get the victory for the team ?

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Big difference is the fact that Kohli is 10 years younger and KP's best days are behind him.

As much as I love KP I can understand why they have got rid as he would be on borrowed time anyway just because of age and his performances have dropped off in recent times. The odd flash of brilliance but very little else.
    Yes, i take that, but name me a player in the England team who is capable of taking his place..it would be different if there were three players form the lions that were scoring bucket loads of runs and being kept out by KP but i cant see that in this circumstance..imho, this was purely down to the fact that Cook and Giles cant manage him, coupled with jealousy by people who dont have a inch of his talent..
    Last edited by YorksLanka; 27-02-2014 at 02:34 AM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by YorksLanka View Post
    i can see your point, but wouldnt you agree those individual performances were to save the team and get the victory for the team ?
    Clearly they did. But pointing to good individual performances as evidence that someone is a good team player is so ridiculous. Largely the team aspect of cricket occurs behind the scenes. In the planning, in the lead up and in the aftermath of a match.

No ones suggesting Pietersen used to sabotage himself in order to 'get back at the team'. There's suggestions that he hasn't been willing to compromise the style of his play for his team, but that's different to just sabotaging yourself.

if i played like him, i wouldnt change a thing either..and a lot of people would want me drug tested!!

Page 66 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread Information