• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Spark

Global Moderator
Swann came out a few months ago and said that he was surprised that KP had been sacked and he'd had no problems with him since 2012

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wasn't Swann one of the anti KP brigade back during the textgate days? Did they kiss and make up since? :)
TBH Swann was built up as a bad guy by the KP faction, I never really understand what he did, he wasn't even there at Headingly.

In personality they're probably quite a lot alike.

social

Swann is allegedly the one who is really persona non grata with the ECB these days so it wouldn't surprise if they were bosom buddies

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
TBH Swann was built up as a bad guy by the KP faction, I never really understand what he did, he wasn't even there at Headingly.

In personality they're probably quite a lot alike.

Didn't he write some bad stuff about KP's captaincy while they were both still playing test cricket as team mates? I honestly think he has come off as a bigger **** than KP from whatever one can conclude from watching them during the cricket on TV...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Swann is allegedly the one who is really persona non grata with the ECB these days so it wouldn't surprise if they were bosom buddies
The same Graeme Swann that the ECB asked to help young spinners out a couple of weeks ago. You talk so much bull****.

I know Alec Stewart blah blah
The same Alec Stewart who is director of cricket at Surrey. Bound to be dismissive of one of his players isn't he?

Also iirc, Alec's got some sort of link to Pietersen's agency company?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Didn't he write some bad stuff about KP's captaincy while they were both still playing test cricket as team mates? I honestly think he has come off as a bigger **** than KP from whatever one can conclude from watching them during the cricket on TV...
He said in his book that KP was never a leader of men.

That aside, not sure how much you can conclude of their personalities from watching them play cricket on TV? Not liking Swann the person certainly isn't a rare thing mind you, though I personally like him. Always comes across as very frank in his interviews, and well, I find him funny, alas he's not to everyone's taste.

My favourite post-match interview in cricket is pretty much the one the pair of them did together after the 10-11 Ashes mind you, hilarious it was.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
God, all this is so tedious. It's playground stuff. "He called me a ****", "no, he's the ****", "wah wah wah".

Wish they would all just stfu and get on with things.

social

God, all this is so tedious. It's playground stuff. "He called me a ****", "no, he's the ****", "wah wah wah".

Wish they would all just stfu and get on with things.
Thing is that it's all coming from one side

Without Piers, it would be 6-0. 6-0, 5-0 and 40-love to KP

ECB should just shut the **** up, hope for a test win and then people would move on (and very, very quickly I might add)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Nah they wouldn't, because KP just keeps on popping up in the right place to remind everyone that he's there.

He's like the guy who causes the three stooges to bump into each other.

social

Nah they wouldn't, because KP just keeps on popping up in the right place to remind everyone that he's there.

He's like the guy who causes the three stooges to bump into each other.
Game will always move on

England need a win and for people to shut up for a while

Who the hell are James Sutherland and Tim Howard?

social

He's interested to hear about how your wife and his kids are getting on these days.
Let me see, next you'll claim that you know Botham and Rod Marsh

Nah, it's just a very, very old joke

Mind you, it's an improvement from your usual very, very, very old jokes

Continue on