• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pfffft, pos article, as are most that I've read on that site.
It's not great is it, keeps on being used by some in this argument. I think I filleted the last article. Won't bother again. Yet the main point is it's a ****ing blog, you might as well just post your own views it has the same legitimacy. The strawmanning is the most irritating thing, as it is in much of the internet.

Just retreads much of that older article too..

I don't even know why I'm responding. Social has never cared for English Cricket before, so why does he keep banging on about this now? Oh yes because it has created division in England, so despite all his faux-outrage, he's just doing it for mischief.

In the end, the over-riding opinion now, even amongst all but the die-hard KP fans, and I count Maxie Allen as one of them in that, is let it go. No turning back, move on without KP. In the end all this just proves one fact above all, that he is ****ing divisive.

So I am annoyed at strauss for his comment being broadcast, because it bring's the ****ing idiot trolls and morons back into it. Rather forgetting that KP looks as much a Test cricketer ATM, as Piers Morgan himself.

Last edited:

social

It's not great is it, keeps on being used by some in this argument. I think I filleted the last article. Won't bother again. Yet the main point is it's a ****ing blog, you might as well just post your own views it has the same legitimacy. The strawmanning is the most irritating thing, as it is in much of the internet.

Just retreads much of that older article too..

I don't even know why I'm responding. Social has never cared for English Cricket before, so why does he keep banging on about this now? Oh yes because it has created division in England, so despite all his faux-outrage, he's just doing it for mischief.

In the end, the over-riding opinion now, even amongst all but the die-hard KP fans, and I count Maxie Allen as one of them in that, is let it go. No turning back, move on without KP. In the end all this just proves one fact above all, that he is ****ing divisive.

So I am annoyed at strauss for his comment being broadcast, because it bring's the ****ing idiot trolls and morons back into it. Rather forgetting that KP looks as much a Test cricketer ATM, as Piers Morgan himself.
My only concern is that cricket fans wont be able to watch KP on the world stage again and that is a shame

Having said that, life goes on but the dickheads in and around the ECB don't seem to want to let it go and they are the ones creating the divisions not me, KP or anyone else

As for KP, I don't know him personally but know a few people that do and everything they have told me about him gels with that blog

Take Alec Stewart for example

Anyone that knows Alec will tell you that he doesn't suffer fools easily and yet he cant speak highly enough of the bloke (the only negatives in his mind are KP's age and dicky knee)

This situation is nothing more than a man management ****-up of epic proportions

The team will eventually recover (albeit under a different captain) but in the meantime, fans have been short-changed and the character assassination continues

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Well his word is a bit more reliable than some random poster who simply says KP is a ****
It wasn't a random poster though, it was Andrew Strauss. KP's former captain.

Me n Straussie regularly share afternoon teas together............and anyone that knows Andrew would know that he would not say that Kevin Pietersen is a ****, unless he was in fact a ****.

Flem274*

123/5
I know Ian Bell and he told me Strauss and KP used to snog in the shower but had a bad break up after KP got caught texting some South African bird.

HeathDavisSpeed

I once met Neil Foster and he had no view on Kevin Pietersen at the time. Granted, it was 1989 and Pietersen was 9, but I expect England cricketers to be well informed regarding players who may share the three lions in future.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I once had lunch with Burgey, and he paid and I haven't returned the favour yet.

Oh, and he also thought KP is a ****.

harsh.ag

KP's not anymore of a dick than any co-worker I have had during my life, that I can say with more than enough certainty. Strangely enough, I was able to make it work with all of them.

By the way, was there a problem between them wrt Cook's captaincy style and what KP thought needed to drastically change on the field?

harsh.ag

It's a ****ing circus and I wish it would stop now.
The non-English don't, I think. They must be loving this in Ireland too. And Pietersen has to have a career now that he has been discarded from the team in such youth. He has gotta write and commentate when he is not playing T20. If somebody else had written what he has, it may have been considered wise, even.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'd actually be interested to hear KP in the comm box (radio, not TV). He's always seemed fairly articulate and he does think very clearly about the game, if a little unorthodox