• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Nah, he can't carry on blathering about wanting to be picked tomorrow, if he's not playing county cricket, and scoring runs for Surrey.

He flies to the CPL soon, so I guess he won't play a first-class match all year.

I think the argument about whether he should have been ditched is decent. Yet since he has been he's pretty damn awful in most ways. I genuinely think he has no real wish to play for England again, despite the twaddle coming from his mouth.
Yeah Pietersen's been a bit daft with how he's handled it since. How ****ing awkward would it be for the ECB if Pietersen had gone back to Surrey and scored an absolute mountain of runs?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah Pietersen's been a bit daft with how he's handled it since. How ****ing awkward would it be for the ECB if Pietersen had gone back to Surrey and scored an absolute mountain of runs?
But why should he?

ECB sacked him and made it clear that he would never be welcomed back

Furthermore, CC runs aren't worth **** to top players and Alistair is a living, walking, breathing testimony to that

grecian

But why should he?

ECB sacked him and made it clear that he would never be welcomed back

Furthermore, CC runs aren't worth **** to top players and Alistair is a living, walking, breathing testimony to that
Because he keeps on saying he'd play for England Tomorrow. It's not hard to work out that he won't, and it's just PR nonsense, only the most dim-witted would fall for.

County runs mght not mean anything, but next to no runs in T20 means even less.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
There's a case to be made that the likes of Downton, Prior (or Prior's missus) and, now, Strauss have done more to further Pietersen's cause (at least in the PR sense) than any of the various front bottoms (birds of a feather, etc) he's aligned himself with, Morgan and Warne not the least of them.

Also all the "I wants to plays for Engerlands I does" statements were very conveniently timed to coincide with, and overshadow, the MCC's (or Lords') 200th birthday bash.

grecian

There's a case to be made that the likes of Downton, Prior (or Prior's missus) and, now, Strauss have done more to further Pietersen's cause (at least in the PR sense) than any of the various front bottoms (birds of a feather, etc) he's aligned himself with, Morgan and Warne not the least of them.

Also all the "I wants to plays for Engerlands I does" statements were very conveniently timed to coincide with, and overshadow, the MCC's (or Lords') 200th birthday bash.
Yeah the ECB are crap in all this, but it doesn't stop KPs campaign being cretinous. Piers Morgan of course, splitting his time advocating Coulson's unfair dismissal/convictions as well as KP nowadays.

In fact I reckon KP has missed an open goal, if he'd just shut up scored runs and got on with it. The clamour would be huge to get him back in the side. Yet his ego wouldn't allow that.

Yet as I say I'm not really sure he wants it.

Last edited:

social

KP hasn't even needed to wage a "campaign"

ECB and the English cricket team have seen to that

If the ECB had picked him for the T20 WC and passed him over for the first test against SL (moving on. new regime, etc), all this would have been avoided

ECB are such dickheads

grecian

KP hasn't even needed to wage a "campaign"

ECB and the English cricket team have seen to that

If the ECB had picked him for the T20 WC and passed him over for the first test against SL (moving on. new regime, etc), all this would have been avoided

ECB are such dickheads
Well his friends have, and it's been ****.Why he turned up to Lords with Morgan, why is he advocating who should be in the England side? If he had kept a low profile that would have been much better than what he has done.

Don't disagree with anything else. Yet whatever you seem to think it's clear plenty that where for KP on this forum, and elsewhere, are less for him now, despite England's hideousness in all regards.

social

Well his friends have, and it's been ****.Why he turned up to Lords with Morgan, why is he advocating who should be in the England side? If he had kept a low profile that would have been much better than what he has done.

Don't disagree with anything else. Yet whatever you seem to think it's clear plenty that where for KP on this forum, and elsewhere, are less for him now, despite England's hideousness in all regards.
DT are paying KP to write a column and it has been very well received

ECB/Downton are a complete **** up and every public poll plus match attendances and results have proven this

ECB could have handled this so much better but chose to stick the knife in and have been belted in return

It's getting embarassing

grecian

Has it been well received, by whom? What about the Tweets?

Again I have no idea why you are arguing about the ECB, they have and always will be utter ****s. Bit like KP, Morgan and Warne.

It is embarassing for everyone really. Not least the guy who can't buy a run, but can buy tons of publicity.

social

Has it been well received, by whom? What about the Tweets?

Again I have no idea why you are arguing about the ECB, they have and always will be utter ****s. Bit like KP, Morgan and Warne.

It is embarassing for everyone really. Not least the guy who can't buy a run, but can buy tons of publicity.
Mate, you have a guy who is undisputedly one of the world's best bats on one side and a team of hacks on the other who keep losing

Do the math?

I know you support Cook et al but you guys have handled it appallingly

Every cricketer in the world knows that KP should be playing for England except ........

King Pietersen

International Captain
Strauss rightly should be embarrassed about his comments, so stupid to say anything like that when you're in a comm box, whether you think you're on-air or not. Completely different to private text messages sent to KP's friends too, where the contents have never been 100% proven or verified.

As for KP playing for England. I'm as big a KP fan as anyone, but realistically, he's been on a pretty steep downslope in his career the last few years. Average has dramatically fallen, especially in ODi cricket, and his Test record hasn't been good enough. Also, it's plainly obvious to anyone thats watched him bat recently that he's massively out of form. In the innings I've seen him play his timing has been off, he's looked scratchy, and nothing like the player that was dominating between 05 and 11. I'd be happy to continue watching him turn out for England if they'd not kicked him out of the side, but now he's out, there's no way back. He's not playing enough cricket, and not scoring runs when he is playing, obviously has issues with the captain and coach, his body is falling apart, and has been a shadow of his former self in the last 3 years. Moving on from KP is definitely the right decision. He's the greatest English batsman of his generation, but his time has passed, it's time to move on and find someone to replace him.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
DT are paying KP to write a column and it has been very well received
Pietersen even occasionally reads it himself, as one understands.

Every one of the tyros brought in to replace the old guard (Stokes, Ballance, Robson and Moeen) have scored a ton in their first couple of tests. None of them have half Pietersen's natural ability, but the Pietersen of 2014 is an ageing animal who averages 47 not 57 and drags what we colloquially call a lot of history behind him. The biggest problem with England is with the ball not the bat.

No spinner worthy of the squad, Anderson 32 and rising, Broad has shot knees, Plunkett & Stokes both quick(ish) but with all the control of Dawn French in a cake shop, Woakes couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding and Jordan attacks the crease with all the gusto of a vegan tackling a rare ribeye.

grecian

Mate, you have a guy who is undisputedly one of the world's best bats on one side and a team of hacks on the other who keep losing

Do the math?

Every cricketer in the world knows that KP should be playing for England except ........
Again haven't said owt different myself. TBH I think I'll not repeat myself again. Yet suggest you read what someone who has his username as KP says. It seems to be fast becoming the prevailing opinion. The uselessness of England changes little.

That column seems to just be repeating Warne's catch-phrases and talking about how senior players are disillusioned, which seemed to piss off Broad quite a bit, if you look at the column he Wrote just after. More burning bridges.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Do the math?

So you would automatically select an old bloke who averages 37 in his last 16 tests would you?

harsh.ag

So you would automatically select an old bloke who averages 37 in his last 16 tests would you?
It doesn't look as bad now as it did earlier, from a non-English POV, I think. When he was first dropped, I was astonished that they wouldn't get rid of the riff-raff first, people who had failed miserably in the series.

Now that the new boys are doing well, it is less of a quandary.

And I am going to ask something here which probably will be offensive to the Englishmen here, but does English cricket have a problem with handling the temperamental genius? Because I haven't seen one apart from KP in a long, long time. Please don't mention Flintoff or Harmison here for god's sake.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And I am going to ask something here which probably will be offensive to the Englishmen here, but does English cricket have a problem with handling the temperamental genius? Because I haven't seen one apart from KP in a long, long time. Please don't mention Flintoff or Harmison here for god's sake.
I think English sport has a problem with the temperamental genius. Look at Gazza in football as well. Some countries are better equipped to handle people with suspect attitudes off the pitch, England fails abysmally.

Then again India did with Vinod Kambli too.

nick-o

State 12th Man
I really dislike what KP is doing, but, and I hate to say it, I think time will prove him right.

I think cricket is moving into a new era, where individual stars earn their pay by playing in these exhibition matches -- the 20/20 leagues, and the all-star 50 overs matches -- and playing for your country, or the country you've adopted, will be a secondary consideration. KP, obviously, wants to be part of that new generation, the people for whom country is just a secondary thought. There are others -- could perhaps mention Chris Gayle -- who also seem to think they live in a different stratosphere. And, sadly, they may be right.

I fear that it won't be years before everyone will assume that the KP career trajectory was inevitable and right -- make a name for yourself, and then move on into the big money leagues, where country doesn't matter and career earnings are all that counts. I think it's similar to the Packer Revolution back in the 70s -- eventually everyone will just assume it was inevitable.

I think it's a horrible thing, but I think it's inevitable. And KP will somehow be seen as a prophet of a new world order, instead if just being a ****.

grecian

It doesn't look as bad now as it did earlier, from a non-English POV, I think. When he was first dropped, I was astonished that they wouldn't get rid of the riff-raff first, people who had failed miserably in the series.

Now that the new boys are doing well, it is less of a quandary.

Why wouldn't you mention Flintoff, he was better than KP all-round? Just as much of a match-winner certainly.

No, it's not offensive, there's definitely something in all sports that seem to stop people coming ATGs. Brumby has mentioned it before. I have no idea what it is. Yet Flintoff is certainly in that cycle.