• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
"I'd love to play for England again, I've still got hope," he says. "I've got a phone in my pocket and a pretty good resume."
I didn't think I'd have this opportunity to play in front of a full house at Lord's again. I still do hope that things change and I play for England here again. Time will tell......
This isn't over yet is it.........how long before the reconciliation talks start?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
If Downton gets the arse it wouldn't surprise me.
I would have thought Moores and Flower would be the bigger obstacles? Hard to see how either could work with him again.

Depends how the Indian series pans out I suppose......if we get embarrassed something will have to give and the public clamouring for a KP return will increase.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If he does hope for that then perhaps he should stop going on about which players he'd drop from the team. Hardly going to be welcomed back to the dressing room after that, ignoring everything else.

But I think it's just PR from him. Wants to keep fans on his side.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If he does hope for that then perhaps he should stop going on about which players he'd drop from the team. Hardly going to be welcomed back to the dressing room after that, ignoring everything else.

But I think it's just PR from him. Wants to keep fans on his side.
It's so ****ing annoying, he doesn't turn up for Surrey in Championship matches, rather sit with Piers at a Test Match, whilst Morgan is tweeting abuse at England players. He knows he's making it untenable for himship, and he doesn't really care, because he just wants to keep his fans onside whilst coining it in in T20. Which is all he's playing ATM.

Look at Alex Hales, the bloke is knuckling down and scoring runs in all forms after being wrongly left out.

If he scores runs today the hype will start again, oh goody. Yet I just don't see, whomever is in charge, a way back.

As Pothas says though, might be a good idea to score some runs.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
I would have thought Moores and Flower would be the bigger obstacles? Hard to see how either could work with him again.

Depends how the Indian series pans out I suppose......if we get embarrassed something will have to give and the public clamouring for a KP return will increase.
Moores will be gone by the end of the summer anyway:ph34r:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Call this fight off!

KP hasn't thrown a punch in months but everyone associated with the ECB (no matter how tenuously) keeps knocking themselves down

"Embarassingly inept" is too kind a description for these clowns

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbf they made it pretty clear he won't be picked again no matter how many he scores.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well I think everyone knows that Strauss is well within his rights to hold such an opinion

Piers Morgan's line of reasoning almost straddles the old 'Cevnoing' term people used to throw about round here. Because KP was sacked for dissing his captain, a commentator should be sacked for calling a player a **** off air. Oh dear.

Strauss shouldn't have apologised.

I was furious when we axed KP however his conduct since has been poor. **** him.