Cricket Player Manager
Page 54 of 105 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Like Tree201Likes

Thread: It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    This sucks.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Halsey View Post
    Have any of these players to slam the decision been around the team since the SA text messages debacle? Genuine question.
    No they aren't. Aside from Swann though, realistically they couldn't comment either way. I fully accept it's a moot point to an extent and he may well have got worse since IPL etc but still, these guys who've shared a dressing room with him think it's a joke. Vaughan who captained him thinks it's a joke.

If he is such a dick that he can't be accommodated then he should never have been brought back. But they knew we'd have no chance in India without him. Now that we've lost The Ashes it just seems a convenient scapegoat.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by 3703 View Post
    This has all happened so quickly, it'z crazy. The blink of an eye and Swann and KP are gone, 4th in the world, and the state of current and prospective personnel in the game positions this as England's most uncertain period since the 90s. It's all a bit hard to process.

I will say this, not just in talent but in culture, I think he was the most important player to come along for England potentially ever. The thing so distinctive about him was how he lent an "un-England like" edge to this cricket side. An aloof, scything presence who unconditionally believed and could put an opposition to the sword in any situation. Larger than life and impossible to fathom. He in my opinion single-handedly prevented the 2005 ashes from going to a familiar script, and brought fans, players and a dramatic shift in English cricket's destiny with him. If you look at him beside every team mate he played with, he is an absolute freak and anomaly in my opinion. He was an absolute gift to the game and to his team mates like Warne was for Australia. I have no idea what they'll do without him.
    100% agree with everything there

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Well he might be that bad, he has fallen out with every single team he has ever played in. We don't know though do we.
    If he was that bad you don't bring him back in after 2012 probably. But I agree with what you're saying - its not clear-cut.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MW1304 View Post
    **** me
    Quote Originally Posted by MW1304 View Post
    This sucks.
    Just have a **** and be done with it.

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Hope its a PCB-esque retirement and KP is back within an year
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    If he was that bad you don't bring him back in after 2012 probably. But I agree with what you're saying - its not clear-cut.
    Yeah understand that point, they obviously thought he was worth it at the time and that now he is not. Now that could be down to his behaviour in Australia, it could be because of his form makes him not worth the trouble, or it could just be a **** decision, I don't really know.

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Just have a **** and be done with it.
    A **** or a ****? The two have varying connotations.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    If the Aussies can accommodate Shane Watson surely we could accommodate KP
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    No they aren't. Aside from Swann though, realistically they couldn't comment either way. I fully accept it's a moot point to an extent and he may well have got worse since IPL etc but still, these guys who've shared a dressing room with him think it's a joke. Vaughan who captained him thinks it's a joke.

If he is such a dick that he can't be accommodated then he should never have been brought back. But they knew we'd have no chance in India without him. Now that we've lost The Ashes it just seems a convenient scapegoat.
    Cook, who is under immense pressure on whether or not he's capable as a captain of inspiring his troops and being a guy who can turn on performances when his team isn't naturally better than the opposition probably didn't want a prominent individual with a better career to date in the dressing room. That's my take on the whole mess. As a young captain who isn't entirely charismatic - he probably worried that factions of the team would move towards Pietersen more so than him. Pietersen being a "I want to win at all costs" sort of player was probably pissed off in the dressing room and demanding more out of the players, I don't feel Cook would be.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    I'm not actually convinced that Kevin Pietersen is the issue here.

Obviously this is just wild speculation on my part but I get the impression that a) Pietersen's been shockingly managed throughout his England career and b) IMO it's the Swann-led clique in the dressing room that's as much a problem in the dressing room. (ok, Swann's gone but you get my point).

Unless there's something massive that's gone on behind the scenes in Australia (not out of the question given the shambles on the field), I don't understand how you could rehabilitate KP for the India tour then bin him a year later.
    G.I.Joe likes this.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    I'm not actually convinced that Kevin Pietersen is the issue here.

Obviously this is just wild speculation on my part but I get the impression that a) Pietersen's been shockingly managed throughout his England career and b) IMO it's the Swann-led clique in the dressing room that's as much a problem in the dressing room. (ok, Swann's gone but you get my point).

Unless there's something massive that's gone on behind the scenes in Australia (not out of the question given the shambles on the field), I don't understand how you could rehabilitate KP for the India tour then bin him a year later.
    Obviously not familiar with the entire history of English cricket where binning their best players because the administrators favourite pet felt threatened by them.
    L Trumper likes this.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Massive loss for England. Pietersen was the one English player who could produce match-winning performances regardless of playing conditions or the opposition. He was also the most entertaining batsmen in the world to watch, so I'm gutted he's gone. Still England's batting isn't as ****ed without him as some are making it out to be. Root will come right eventually if he's left down the order and given time to grow. Was a collosal ballsup moving him up the order. England are only really missing an opener and a number 3. But England have been missing a 2nd opener since Strauss' performances started tailing off in 2011, and there's nothing to say that Trott won't be able to make a comeback later in the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blocky View Post
    Obviously not familiar with the entire history of English cricket where binning their best players because the administrators favourite pet felt threatened by them.
    In this case, that's just supposition and is just as likely to have nothing to do with this at all.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Massive loss for England. Pietersen was the one English player who could produce match-winning performances regardless of playing conditions or the opposition. He was also the most entertaining batsmen in the world to watch, so I'm gutted he's gone. Still England's batting isn't as ****ed without him as some are making it out to be. Root will come right eventually if he's left down the order and given time to grow. Was a collosal ballsup moving him up the order. England are only really missing an opener and a number 3. But England have been missing a 2nd opener since Strauss' performances started tailing off in 2011, and there's nothing to say that Trott won't be able to make a comeback later in the year.
    Eh?

Pietersen and Cook have been carrying England's batting for the last 2 years.

Thread Information