• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Downton is lucky that he still has the job

Unbelievable that a MD could fail to understand something so basic as a confidentiality agreement

Should have taken a course in reading rather than body language
Yeah it is pretty poor from him.......and I wouldn't think a simple apology is going to cut it with KP. Not sure what legal recourse he would have but it certainly opens the gate for him to spill his guts and give his side of the story..........which is precisely what the agreement was supposed to stop (for both parties)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah it is pretty poor from him.......and I wouldn't think a simple apology is going to cut it with KP. Not sure what legal recourse he would have but it certainly opens the gate for him to spill his guts and give his side of the story..........which is precisely what the agreement was supposed to stop (for both parties)
He has to prove that this breach has cost him which is no easy thing to do when he has picked up an IPL contract worth 1m+

Simply adds to the impression that he is a victim more than anything else

KP leading PR match 6-0, 6-0, 5-0, 40/0 at this stage

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Downton hasn't impressed me one iota since he took over. Looks like the Peter Principle in full effect, sadly.

Isn't he a solicitor too? Or legally trained at least. One might've hoped someone with a more than passing acquaintance with the law would've better understood the terms of a severance agreement.

Have to say tho Cook doesn't strike one as the hissy fit type. As one understands he was one of the principle architects of the reconciliation after the textgate gubbins of 2012, in fact. Seems very much a pragmatist in everything he does.

Of the senior players in situ at the time one could've believed it of Swann, Prior or Broad, but the former two were out of the test XI by the time the knife fell anyway.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Downton and ECB obliged with the agreement for months before the interview. The idea that he suddenly forgot about it seems pretty unlikely...

social

Downton hasn't impressed me one iota since he took over. Looks like the Peter Principle in full effect, sadly.

Isn't he a solicitor too? Or legally trained at least. One might've hoped someone with a more than passing acquaintance with the law would've better understood the terms of a severance agreement.

Have to say tho Cook doesn't strike one as the hissy fit type. As one understands he was one of the principle architects of the reconciliation after the textgate gubbins of 2012, in fact. Seems very much a pragmatist in everything he does.

Of the senior players in situ at the time one could've believed it of Swann, Prior or Broad, but the former two were out of the test XI by the time the knife fell anyway.
5-0 changes a lot of things and we all saw how England fell to pieces during the course of the summer

social

getting some of the ECB's thoughts out there, officially, i would have thought. Im neither here non there whether that was a smart choice.
Whilst exposing themselves to legal liability?

Doubt it

Reckon that the ECB are just another wealthy, incompetent set of dicks that assumed the world would swallow their bs

When they didn't, they panicked

Esperance

U19 Cricketer
that is to say, if i were to compile a list of people it would be tough to be, pieterson would not feature in it.

social

quite curious to know how much money they'll make off that. you gotta assume kp will physically have minimal involvement.
Typical arrangement would be for KP to be paid fees for naming rights and design of programs etc. - I would be very surprised if he is risking any money at all

Market is massive as expats spend a fortune on after-school activities for kids and there are literally tens of thousands with high disposable income from cricket loving nations

Also, I would not be surprised if KP became a resident of Dubai as it is tax-free so he might be around more than you think

Riggins

International Captain
Yeah I knew that most of the money for him would be in the naming., never really thought about it as an after school thing. Reading the site it clashes almost entirely with the Big Bash and IPL which he plays so I wouldn't see him being there much, probably like the DLCA here.

social

Yeah I knew that most of the money for him would be in the naming., never really thought about it as an after school thing. Reading the site it clashes almost entirely with the Big Bash and IPL which he plays so I wouldn't see him being there much, probably like the DLCA here.
Suggested dates are winter/spring so no real surprise as summer is too hot and main school holidays (10 weeks) start at end of June

Paid after school and holiday activities are massive as there is no real club setup in many sports plus many people use it as glorified babysitting

Also, the bigger the name, the better as it is a bit of a wankfest with many people e.g. ManU football academies are huge

This could be a real money spinner for the promoters as I cant remember anything comparable

Last edited: