• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The more you read the more it's clear there were just a couple of team mates he didn't get on with. I expect those team mates to be utterly roasted at thus event. No turning back from this point clearly.
Reliably informed that Cook issued a "him or me" ultimatum and ECB backed younger man

Problems allegedly started in Melbourne when a couple of bowlers started asking KP about tactics and Cook spat the dummy

Story goes that vast majority of team and hangers-on had no problem with KP but Downton caved in to a hissy fit from the captain

In other news, Swann is allegedly regarded with utter contempt by virtually everybody on the tour for throwing the towel in

grecian

Amazing isn't it Social's story sounded like it was made up to make the England team and captain look as pitiful as can be imaginable......

social

Amazing isn't it Social's story sounded like it was made up to make the England team and captain look as pitiful as can be imaginable......
Why would I make it up and how could I possibly make the English team/captain look any more pitiful than they already are?

5-0 ring any bells?

Everything my source told me makes perfect sense and he is no lover of KP plus he is in a position to know unlike the rest of us

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
There were a few Poms who came over who I knew and went to a couple of Tests. They all finished talking about how much they didn't want KP in their side having watched him over four or five days over a few different tests.

grecian

Why would I make it up and how could I possibly make the English team/captain look any more pitiful than they already are?

5-0 ring any bells?

Everything my source told me makes perfect sense and he is no lover of KP plus he is in a position to know unlike the rest of us
Dunno, maybe as with all your posting your invested in seeing English cricket look as bad as possible, like when you used to slag off KP when he was a major part of the team.

Don't know your mate, name him if you want any credibility, rather than this endless blokes you know around the dining tables of the World.

social

Dunno, maybe as with all your posting your invested in seeing English cricket look as bad as possible, like when you used to slag off KP when he was a major part of the team.

Don't know your mate, name him if you want any credibility, rather than this endless blokes you know around the dining tables of the World.
Former England test captain, some time tv pundit

And btw, check this thread and you will find that I have been one of KP's biggest supporters so I have no idea where you got that from

grecian

Former England test captain, some time tv pundit

And btw, check this thread and you will find that I have been one of KP's biggest supporters so I have no idea where you got that from
Okay tell us his name. Why does he tell you stuff when he could make tons of money going to the press rather than talking to a really indiscreet nobody.

Yep on this thread you have been, yet this thread is all about his splitting with England, I seem to remember you saying what a unreasonable **** hewas when he was with England, and you hinted at that in this thread.

social

Okay tell us his name. Why does he tell you stuff when he could make tons of money going to the press rather than talking to a really indiscreet nobody.

Yep on this thread you have been, yet this thread is all about his splitting with England, I seem to remember you saying what a unreasonable **** hewas when he was with England, and you hinted at that in this thread.
Maybe its because we have known each other for more than 30 years and what he told me are hardly state secrets

Furthermore, drawing any other conclusion would mean that virtually every England player that has spoken on the matter has lied and as Downton himself has confirmed that there is no smoking gun, a fallout with a senior member is the only logical explanation

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
BBC TMS ‏@bbctms 27m
The statement suggests the ECB apology is not about what Paul Downton said, but about breaking the confidentiality agreement

social

Downton is lucky that he still has the job

Unbelievable that a MD could fail to understand something so basic as a confidentiality agreement

Should have taken a course in reading rather than body language