Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Taylor was never originally included, Morgan was. I assume they just took Morgan out when KP came in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Taylor was never originally included, Morgan was. I assume they just took Morgan out when KP came in.
    Well I hope Morgan was told beforehand that that was a possibility, if that's what happened.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    how can morgan trust the ecb anymore???
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Okay now there really is no excuse not to open with Compton. Do it England.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Well they've said the same squad already selected were all going so that suggests that Cricinfo have got it wrong accidentally. Can tell it's an accident because if they deliberately made that omission they'd have stuck Ravi in the touring party.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Cluster**** or omnishambles? I can't decide...
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    lol.. looks like Giles Clarke and Hugh Morris have bigger egos than KP.. Which is funny coz at least KP is a great cricketer..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Giles Clarke has a bigger ego than everyone tbf.
    ~ Cribbage

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar

Trust me!

He's definitely got a Saul Goodman vibe going on.

~

Re: the XI, it seems pretty clear to me that Root is the opener they're going for so that's what'll happen, at least at first. I don't think it's a great idea but there really aren't "obvious" choices, and going on about Compton opening the batting like any fule can see it is a pretty big oversimplification. It's a huge jump from batting the middle order in the CC to being asked to open in a Test in Mumbai and the selectors have got to use every shred of evidence they've got that someone can handle that. One thing they have is Root's success on the Lions tour to Sri Lanka, and if they can see something there that's made them plump for him - and I daresay they have given the squad - then I'll hold onto that.

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    I think Compton has as much chance of forging a good Test career opening as opposed to anywhere else. He is a top order batsman who has been coming in at 3 recently. I don't think the Test being in India should mean much, if he comes in at 6 he's much more likely to be facing twin spin first up, which he's hardly used to. At least he'll (probably) get a look at the quicks with a harder ball if he comes in first up, although I agree that the selectors seem to have pinpointed Root.

FBU
    The Telegraph

Indeed Compton has already received a phone call from team director Andy Flower suggesting he will be a front-runner to take that opening place. When the national selector Geoff Miller had telephoned on Sept 17 it had been just to give congratulatory advice of selection.

Flower phoned eight days ago with more specific news. “He said to me, ‘I just want to give you heads up on the way things are going forward’,” says Compton, “He mentioned that the middle order is looking a little congested and that there’s obviously a gap as opener and that’s an area he sees me filling, and, of course, Joe (Root) is there as well.”

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    That doesn't read to me that he's being considered front-runner, more that if he's going to get a chance it's not going to be in the middle order (which on the face of it seems the right thing when you consider the incumbents)

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    It always looked a straight fight between Root and Compton for the opening slot, down to the individuals now to score enough runs before the series starts to get the nod over the other. Not too fussed who we go with as we are going to lose anyway.

International 12th Man harsh.ag's Avatar
    If you were that old, and that kind, and the very last of your kind, you couldn't just stand back and watch children cry.

Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread Information