Page 45 of 82 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    KP/ECB press conference in 10 minutes of R5L.

Announcement of signing of new contract and possibly KP going to India for test series.

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    KP/ECB press conference in 10 minutes of R5L.

Announcement of signing of new contract and possibly KP going to India for test series.
    Good news if true. Even better if to be followed by an announcement on Bell's future, in the coming days.
    "In 2009 he lost his old, faded India cap, when it was stolen from a ground. He was very, very upset about it. It was dear to him and he was extremely proud to wear it."

Vijeeta Dravid on her husband Rahul, March 2012

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    haha

This thing is still making my head ache. Re-intergration, is he a criminal? What about the IPL?
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

well wasn't that all incredibly useful
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

A 4 month contract to reintegrate? wtf ? is he some kind of murderer allowed back into society?

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    All getting slightly ghey from Team England (), isn't it?

Yes, KP's a massive bellend and a rampant egotist, but most of us work with someone like that, don't we?

As far as we know Strauss & Taylor we the victims of Pietersen's texting finger and scorn respectively and neither is touring India. Pretty sure Strauss has accpeted the (admittedly quarter-arsed at best) apology too.

Other players might not like him (Swann, Broad and Prior seem to be those who take most violent objection), but HTFU, eh? I don't much like the fact, but there's no doubt England are better with the scion of Pietermaritzburg in situ.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

An honorary VC can be earned by swimming a full length of the PMB GHS pool, tackle out, I believe. This, in turn, assures access to the 9th circle of hell.

I'd trying to get my head round the four-month contract. Is this supposed to free him up for the whole of the IPL, missing the NZ tests, before signing an eight month contract for the twin Ashes series?

As for the other guys, it seems to be taken for granted in one or two pieces I've read that Swann, Broad and Anderson were involved in the fake Twitter account. If so, a bit of honesty when it all blew up would have been healthy, even if accompanied by telling KP to get over it.

And as has been said elsewhere, if KP's texts to his SA chums didn't actually contain anything derogotary or tactical, then what was the problem?

This isn't going to end well, is it. Or at least, it probably isn't going to last long.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post

This isn't going to end well, is it. Or at least, it probably isn't going to last long.
    I suspect, as Mr Churchill said in a rather more significant context, that this not the end, nor even the beginning of the end but is, perhaps, the end of the beginning

I'd trying to get my head round the four-month contract. Is this supposed to free him up for the whole of the IPL, missing the NZ tests, before signing an eight month contract for the twin Ashes series?

As for the other guys, it seems to be taken for granted in one or two pieces I've read that Swann, Broad and Anderson were involved in the fake Twitter account. If so, a bit of honesty when it all blew up would have been healthy, even if accompanied by telling KP to get over it.

And as has been said elsewhere, if KP's texts to his SA chums didn't actually contain anything derogotary or tactical, then what was the problem?

Well, probably the same type of articles that said KP had definitely said something derogatory, I've stopped reading them now, can't believe anything. As I've said before, it's all so juvenile, and annoying. Just want it to stop.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Other players might not like him (Swann, Broad and Prior seem to be those who take most violent objection), but HTFU, eh? I don't much like the fact, but there's no doubt England are better with the scion of Pietermaritzburg in situ.
    Was reading Hoggard the other day saying he'd taken KP for a beer at some point in 2006 and basically told him to stop being a ****. I'm not sure from that whether to think that Hoggard was much more sensible than the current lot, or whether you can understand why people have got wound up if he was that annoying for that long.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    All getting slightly ghey from Team England (), isn't it?

Yes, KP's a massive bellend and a rampant egotist, but most of us work with someone like that, don't we?

As far as we know Strauss & Taylor we the victims of Pietersen's texting finger and scorn respectively and neither is touring India. Pretty sure Strauss has accpeted the (admittedly quarter-arsed at best) apology too.

Doesn't seem to be characteristic for Prior these days? And he also seemed to be the one who at least tried reaching out to KP, phoning him to try and see if he could help sort out the problems that existed.

It really is all getting very boring. KP needs to grow up and commit but it looks like some other players ego's need to be reigned in.

FBU

Don't see how. Swann and Anderson had never met the Bailsthebadger, who started the parody account, and never tweeted him. Broad, Prior and Bresnan are still following him under his Bailsthebadger account. Anderson didn't follow the parody account anyway. Whether they all laughed at it is another matter but after Prior had his talk with KP he said it was all cleared up and he was looking forward to getting back to the dressing room. At that time we never knew why KP found it difficult being him in the dressing room.

Then the texts came to light and KP needed to use the parody account as a reason why he texted the South Africans.

you'd be annoyed if you were a punter who put a long term bet on say eng getting somewhere in the t20wc and the best player gets left out then re-picked just after they get bundled out
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Page 45 of 82 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread Information