Page 45 of 82 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 1230
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

  1. #661
    International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,007
    KP/ECB press conference in 10 minutes of R5L.

    Announcement of signing of new contract and possibly KP going to India for test series.

  2. #662
    U19 Cricketer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    KP/ECB press conference in 10 minutes of R5L.

    Announcement of signing of new contract and possibly KP going to India for test series.
    Good news if true. Even better if to be followed by an announcement on Bell's future, in the coming days.
    "In 2009 he lost his old, faded India cap, when it was stolen from a ground. He was very, very upset about it. It was dear to him and he was extremely proud to wear it."

    Vijeeta Dravid on her husband Rahul, March 2012

  3. #663
    International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,007
    haha

  4. #664
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Moeen is a perfectly fine bowler FFS.
    Posts
    15,419
    This thing is still making my head ache. Re-intergration, is he a criminal? What about the IPL?
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman


  5. #665
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    32,493
    well wasn't that all incredibly useful
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +


    get ready for a broken ****in' arm

  6. #666
    State Regular L Trumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    906
    A 4 month contract to reintegrate? wtf ? is he some kind of murderer allowed back into society?

  7. #667
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    45,193
    All getting slightly ghey from Team England (), isn't it?

    Yes, KP's a massive bellend and a rampant egotist, but most of us work with someone like that, don't we?

    As far as we know Strauss & Taylor we the victims of Pietersen's texting finger and scorn respectively and neither is touring India. Pretty sure Strauss has accpeted the (admittedly quarter-arsed at best) apology too.

    Other players might not like him (Swann, Broad and Prior seem to be those who take most violent objection), but HTFU, eh? I don't much like the fact, but there's no doubt England are better with the scion of Pietermaritzburg in situ.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

  8. #668
    International 12th Man Quaggas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,683
    An honorary VC can be earned by swimming a full length of the PMB GHS pool, tackle out, I believe. This, in turn, assures access to the 9th circle of hell.

  9. #669
    Cricketer Of The Year wpdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,904
    I'd trying to get my head round the four-month contract. Is this supposed to free him up for the whole of the IPL, missing the NZ tests, before signing an eight month contract for the twin Ashes series?

    As for the other guys, it seems to be taken for granted in one or two pieces I've read that Swann, Broad and Anderson were involved in the fake Twitter account. If so, a bit of honesty when it all blew up would have been healthy, even if accompanied by telling KP to get over it.

    And as has been said elsewhere, if KP's texts to his SA chums didn't actually contain anything derogotary or tactical, then what was the problem?

    This isn't going to end well, is it. Or at least, it probably isn't going to last long.

  10. #670
    Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Posts
    12,020
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post

    This isn't going to end well, is it. Or at least, it probably isn't going to last long.
    I suspect, as Mr Churchill said in a rather more significant context, that this not the end, nor even the beginning of the end but is, perhaps, the end of the beginning

  11. #671
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Moeen is a perfectly fine bowler FFS.
    Posts
    15,419
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    I'd trying to get my head round the four-month contract. Is this supposed to free him up for the whole of the IPL, missing the NZ tests, before signing an eight month contract for the twin Ashes series?

    As for the other guys, it seems to be taken for granted in one or two pieces I've read that Swann, Broad and Anderson were involved in the fake Twitter account. If so, a bit of honesty when it all blew up would have been healthy, even if accompanied by telling KP to get over it.

    And as has been said elsewhere, if KP's texts to his SA chums didn't actually contain anything derogotary or tactical, then what was the problem?

    This isn't going to end well, is it. Or at least, it probably isn't going to last long.
    Well, probably the same type of articles that said KP had definitely said something derogatory, I've stopped reading them now, can't believe anything. As I've said before, it's all so juvenile, and annoying. Just want it to stop.

  12. #672
    Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,189
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Other players might not like him (Swann, Broad and Prior seem to be those who take most violent objection), but HTFU, eh? I don't much like the fact, but there's no doubt England are better with the scion of Pietermaritzburg in situ.
    Was reading Hoggard the other day saying he'd taken KP for a beer at some point in 2006 and basically told him to stop being a ****. I'm not sure from that whether to think that Hoggard was much more sensible than the current lot, or whether you can understand why people have got wound up if he was that annoying for that long.

  13. #673
    School Boy/Girl Captain VCC44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    All getting slightly ghey from Team England (), isn't it?

    Yes, KP's a massive bellend and a rampant egotist, but most of us work with someone like that, don't we?

    As far as we know Strauss & Taylor we the victims of Pietersen's texting finger and scorn respectively and neither is touring India. Pretty sure Strauss has accpeted the (admittedly quarter-arsed at best) apology too.

    Other players might not like him (Swann, Broad and Prior seem to be those who take most violent objection), but HTFU, eh? I don't much like the fact, but there's no doubt England are better with the scion of Pietermaritzburg in situ.
    Doesn't seem to be characteristic for Prior these days? And he also seemed to be the one who at least tried reaching out to KP, phoning him to try and see if he could help sort out the problems that existed.

    It really is all getting very boring. KP needs to grow up and commit but it looks like some other players ego's need to be reigned in.

  14. #674
    FBU
    FBU is offline
    State Vice-Captain FBU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,103
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    I'd trying to get my head round the four-month contract. Is this supposed to free him up for the whole of the IPL, missing the NZ tests, before signing an eight month contract for the twin Ashes series?

    As for the other guys, it seems to be taken for granted in one or two pieces I've read that Swann, Broad and Anderson were involved in the fake Twitter account. If so, a bit of honesty when it all blew up would have been healthy, even if accompanied by telling KP to get over it.

    And as has been said elsewhere, if KP's texts to his SA chums didn't actually contain anything derogotary or tactical, then what was the problem?

    This isn't going to end well, is it. Or at least, it probably isn't going to last long.
    Don't see how. Swann and Anderson had never met the Bailsthebadger, who started the parody account, and never tweeted him. Broad, Prior and Bresnan are still following him under his Bailsthebadger account. Anderson didn't follow the parody account anyway. Whether they all laughed at it is another matter but after Prior had his talk with KP he said it was all cleared up and he was looking forward to getting back to the dressing room. At that time we never knew why KP found it difficult being him in the dressing room.

    Then the texts came to light and KP needed to use the parody account as a reason why he texted the South Africans.

  15. #675
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,780
    you'd be annoyed if you were a punter who put a long term bet on say eng getting somewhere in the t20wc and the best player gets left out then re-picked just after they get bundled out
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Page 45 of 82 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. CW Short Story Competition
    By Hurricane in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 07:17 AM
  2. PIETERSEN loses flood auction winner
    By sehwag fan in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29-01-2011, 10:00 AM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 07:22 PM
  4. Pietersen may miss Ashes
    By Jakester1288 in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 22-07-2009, 09:53 AM
  5. Mahmood and Panesar power England to series glory
    By symonds_94 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 10:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •