• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Swann clique are the people who were following the fake KP or whatever it was on twitter. Not really a construct of this forum.
You mean like KP who was following it at first.

It's not a clique that disliked KP it was the majority. Hey that's conjecture, but so is saying that there was a clique against him, so what the hey.

Swann still getting the blame I see, when he's nowhere near the team, talk about scapegoats.....

Pothas

Well this is a mess. I really hoped KP would just do nothing (would have come out of it pretty well if he had) but feeding **** to Morgan is just the worst.

grecian

Brian Moore's Twitter page quite funny, some KP fan saying he'd put Moore on his arse, that would be quite funny to see.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Would the world be a better place if Piers Morgan just vanished in the dead of night, never to be heard of again? Would his family miss him?

grecian

I'm no fan of Morgan. But he wouldn't have put this out in the public domain if he wasn't definitely told this by someone he trusted (and not just his mate KP). I also noticed Prior didn't deny he said it, just that it was taken out of context. Not sure how what he said can be taken out of context mind :)
Oh and Piers hasn't revealed who told him, and KP hasn't denied doing so. Two can play at that game really. I know which I think is the worst "crime".

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If KP is feeding Morgan info (seems like he is as Grecian said) then that's very poor

More to come on this one yet that's for sure

grecian

The whole quote is a bit of a non sequitur anyway, Flower is not even in charge anymore:wacko:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The ECB are probably loving this. The more Morgan wades in the more it makes their decision look like the correct one as far as I can see.

grecian

The ECB are probably loving this. The more Morgan wades in the more it makes their decision look like the correct one as far as I can see.
Well, said it constantly, Morgan has been a part of the problem from the start of this fracas, you can't slag off a light-hearted Twitter account taking the piss out of KP, then say that someone shouting hate at the players from a mate isn't disruptive. Kp should have asked him to give it a rest or disowned him.

grecian

Oh and Ravi wins twitter, as he does most things in life.

Ravi Bopara ‏@ravibopara 9m
Morning guys just woke up ready to fly bk to UK. What's been happening today? Anything interesting?
:wub::laugh:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I can't believe KP is too disappointed about all this. Why even accept the dropping and offer quotes to the ECB press release as he has done if he didn't accept the decision? He's accepted it because he'll get a big payoff from his contract and play the IPL and make even bigger money.

One of the big problems with KP has seemed to be he wants to play a full season of the IPL and pick and choose which Test, ODIs and T20s to play. Clearly the ECB can't let him play the whole IPL because it clashes with the tests (or this year the Sri Lanka ODIs) - and as such sky and sponsors would probably have grounds to sue- and it's a terrible example to the other players and just opens it up completely.

In an ideal world all the England team would be allowed to play a full IPL. They should be able to earn the maximum that they can. But ECB have to protect their product and can't have players playing over in the IPL whilst international games go on over here. ECB have a massive problem going forward simply because of the IPL. Players naturally want to go but it clashes with the English season. The only reason there hasn't been a massive exodus to the IPL so far is the competitive wages England players make.

KP will take the big pay off from his contract and be free to play a full IPL. That will allow him to pick up a massive contract as he is now available for the whole schedule and future editions + he won't have to give his cut back to the ECB as he will be a free agent.

Sure he'd like to play the big test series and maybe the world t20 and 50 over world cup but in between he'd of wanted to play the whole IPL and have plenty of breaks from the insignificant series in his eyes. The ECB would probably have been a little more accomodating if he hadn't been such a dick throughout his career and they weren't mired in this **** every year.