Page 39 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 1230
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

  1. #571
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,637
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    Whether he is their employ or not, he WAS impersonating one in their employ.
    Yeah, but they obviously have far less control over the actions of people who don't actually work for them. I just don't see how you could draw any comparison between them at all. It'd be getting fired for sexual harrassment in the workplace and then claiming you were unfairly treated because your company didn't do anything about your father when you were being molested as a child.

    What Bailey does is really of no relevance at all to the ECB; he doesn't work for them so they can't exactly sack the guy. Any legal action (which less face it, would be way over the top anyway) would in the hands of Pietersen rather than the ECB because he was impersonating the former rather than the latter.

    Even ignoring the fact that you're comparing someone being a bit of a bit of an arse and having a gag on a social media site with someone giving the opposition tips on how to dismiss their captain, the ECB was powerless to actually really do anything about Bailey, even if they wanted to.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 30-08-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

  2. #572
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On a trip to the moon
    Posts
    48,741
    Richard Bailey hasn't been dropped and KP has, that's the big injustice
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

    RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

  3. #573
    State Regular L Trumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yeah, but they obviously have far less control over the actions of people who don't actually work for them. I just don't see how you could draw any comparison between them at all. It'd be getting fired for sexual harrassment in the workplace and then claiming you were unfairly treated because your company didn't do anything about your father when you were being molested as a child.

    What Bailey does is really of no relevance at all to the ECB; he doesn't work for them so they can't exactly sack the guy. Any legal action (which less face it, would be way over the top anyway) would in the hands of Pietersen rather than the ECB because he was impersonating the former rather than the latter.

    Even ignoring the fact that you're comparing someone being a bit of a bit of an arse and having a gag on a social media site with someone giving the opposition tips on how to dismiss their captain, the ECB was powerless to actually really do anything about Bailey, even if they wanted to.
    Does that really happen or people just running with the so called "anonymous" leaked entries to press without any proof.

  4. #574
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,637
    Quote Originally Posted by L Trumper View Post
    Does that really happen or people just running with the so called "anonymous" leaked entries to press without any proof.
    I think it's safe to assume it did in fact happen given no-one from the South African camp has denied it and Pietersen actually apologised for it. If it didn't happen at all I'm sure Pietersen would've been the first to let us all know.


  5. #575
    International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,473
    Hypothetical question for English fans:

    Would you be happy to leave KP out to assert the importance of the team over any individual even at the cost of losing matches that could have been won?
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

  6. #576
    State Regular L Trumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I think it's safe to assume it did in fact happen given no-one from the South African camp has denied it and Pietersen actually apologised for it. If it didn't happen at all I'm sure Pietersen would've been the first to let us all know.
    All this stuff you are referring to happened regarding derogatory texts i.e. calling strauss doos or some such. But the other stuff about giving tips about how to bowl him came out much later. By that time KP is done with apologies and media appearances. SA are stopped talking about this issue even before.
    As far as KP letting everybody know whether its true or not, forget about it. There is new revelation coming about his behavior in dressing room on daily basis, not responding to any of it is kinda the best thing he can do right now.

  7. #577
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Moeen is a perfectly fine bowler FFS.
    Posts
    15,488
    Quote Originally Posted by L Trumper View Post
    All this stuff you are referring to happened regarding derogatory texts i.e. calling strauss doos or some such. But the other stuff about giving tips about how to bowl him came out much later. By that time KP is done with apologies and media appearances. SA are stopped talking about this issue even before.
    As far as KP letting everybody know whether its true or not, forget about it. There is new revelation coming about his behavior in dressing room on daily basis, not responding to any of it is kinda the best thing he can do right now.

    He's been asked from the start to tell the ECB what was in the texts, he hasn't.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

  8. #578
    Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    15,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yeah, but they obviously have far less control over the actions of people who don't actually work for them. I just don't see how you could draw any comparison between them at all. It'd be getting fired for sexual harrassment in the workplace and then claiming you were unfairly treated because your company didn't do anything about your father when you were being molested as a child.

    What Bailey does is really of no relevance at all to the ECB; he doesn't work for them so they can't exactly sack the guy. Any legal action (which less face it, would be way over the top anyway) would in the hands of Pietersen rather than the ECB because he was impersonating the former rather than the latter.

    Even ignoring the fact that you're comparing someone being a bit of a bit of an arse and having a gag on a social media site with someone giving the opposition tips on how to dismiss their captain, the ECB was powerless to actually really do anything about Bailey, even if they wanted to.
    It is not about control, though.. What I meant was they could have forced a more serious investigation and even legal action, maybe? As I said, if ECB took KP seriously as THEIR employee they would have done that..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

    Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.


    Check out this awesome e-fed:

    PWE Efed

  9. #579
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    31,909
    Forced a more serious investigation?

    What does that even mean?

  10. #580
    Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    15,695
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    He's been asked from the start to tell the ECB what was in the texts, he hasn't.
    But that is as much of a stretch as some of you have said my argument is, in this thread..



    Look, I don't deny that my entire theory is based on a lot of stretching (I would call it inference, though) of whatever small amount of facts that IS known in this issue. But to me, it is a lot of small things adding up and I honestly do believe that a few of the England Team and Management are as much to blame for how this issue has blown up as KP and the ECB.

  11. #581
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    31,909
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    Look, I don't deny that my entire theory is based on a lot of stretching (I would call it inference, though)
    I think that's one of the greatest things I've ever read. Astounding.

  12. #582
    International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,017
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    It is not about control, though.. What I meant was they could have forced a more serious investigation and even legal action, maybe? As I said, if ECB took KP seriously as THEIR employee they would have done that..
    dude it's the internet you can do what you want. It stated it was a parody account.

  13. #583
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    31,909
    Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    dude it's the internet you can do what you want. It stated it was a parody account.
    Tbf if it wasn't such an obvious parody it could have perhaps been construed as a act of defamation. But since it was completely obvious it was a joke and completely insincere this was never really anything other than a paper possibility.

  14. #584
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,637
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Tbf if it wasn't such an obvious parody it could have perhaps been construed as a act of defamation. But since it was completely obvious it was a joke and completely insincere this was never really anything other than a paper possibility.
    Haha I got threatened with legal action re: "online impersonation" for creating a multiple account on another forum parodying another member, when I was a lot younger. Good times.

  15. #585
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    31,909
    Good job you nipped that one in the bud.

Page 39 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. CW Short Story Competition
    By Hurricane in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 07:17 AM
  2. PIETERSEN loses flood auction winner
    By sehwag fan in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29-01-2011, 10:00 AM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 07:22 PM
  4. Pietersen may miss Ashes
    By Jakester1288 in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 22-07-2009, 09:53 AM
  5. Mahmood and Panesar power England to series glory
    By symonds_94 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 10:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •