Page 39 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    Whether he is their employ or not, he WAS impersonating one in their employ.
    Yeah, but they obviously have far less control over the actions of people who don't actually work for them. I just don't see how you could draw any comparison between them at all. It'd be getting fired for sexual harrassment in the workplace and then claiming you were unfairly treated because your company didn't do anything about your father when you were being molested as a child.

What Bailey does is really of no relevance at all to the ECB; he doesn't work for them so they can't exactly sack the guy. Any legal action (which less face it, would be way over the top anyway) would in the hands of Pietersen rather than the ECB because he was impersonating the former rather than the latter.

Even ignoring the fact that you're comparing someone being a bit of a bit of an arse and having a gag on a social media site with someone giving the opposition tips on how to dismiss their captain, the ECB was powerless to actually really do anything about Bailey, even if they wanted to.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 30-08-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Richard Bailey hasn't been dropped and KP has, that's the big injustice
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yeah, but they obviously have far less control over the actions of people who don't actually work for them. I just don't see how you could draw any comparison between them at all. It'd be getting fired for sexual harrassment in the workplace and then claiming you were unfairly treated because your company didn't do anything about your father when you were being molested as a child.

What Bailey does is really of no relevance at all to the ECB; he doesn't work for them so they can't exactly sack the guy. Any legal action (which less face it, would be way over the top anyway) would in the hands of Pietersen rather than the ECB because he was impersonating the former rather than the latter.

Even ignoring the fact that you're comparing someone being a bit of a bit of an arse and having a gag on a social media site with someone giving the opposition tips on how to dismiss their captain, the ECB was powerless to actually really do anything about Bailey, even if they wanted to.
    Does that really happen or people just running with the so called "anonymous" leaked entries to press without any proof.

Quote Originally Posted by L Trumper View Post
    Does that really happen or people just running with the so called "anonymous" leaked entries to press without any proof.
    I think it's safe to assume it did in fact happen given no-one from the South African camp has denied it and Pietersen actually apologised for it. If it didn't happen at all I'm sure Pietersen would've been the first to let us all know.

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Hypothetical question for English fans:

Would you be happy to leave KP out to assert the importance of the team over any individual even at the cost of losing matches that could have been won?
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

I think it's safe to assume it did in fact happen given no-one from the South African camp has denied it and Pietersen actually apologised for it. If it didn't happen at all I'm sure Pietersen would've been the first to let us all know.
    All this stuff you are referring to happened regarding derogatory texts i.e. calling strauss doos or some such. But the other stuff about giving tips about how to bowl him came out much later. By that time KP is done with apologies and media appearances. SA are stopped talking about this issue even before.
    As far as KP letting everybody know whether its true or not, forget about it. There is new revelation coming about his behavior in dressing room on daily basis, not responding to any of it is kinda the best thing he can do right now.

Quote Originally Posted by L Trumper View Post
    All this stuff you are referring to happened regarding derogatory texts i.e. calling strauss doos or some such. But the other stuff about giving tips about how to bowl him came out much later. By that time KP is done with apologies and media appearances. SA are stopped talking about this issue even before.
    As far as KP letting everybody know whether its true or not, forget about it. There is new revelation coming about his behavior in dressing room on daily basis, not responding to any of it is kinda the best thing he can do right now.

He's been asked from the start to tell the ECB what was in the texts, he hasn't.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar

It is not about control, though.. What I meant was they could have forced a more serious investigation and even legal action, maybe? As I said, if ECB took KP seriously as THEIR employee they would have done that..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Forced a more serious investigation?

What does that even mean?

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    He's been asked from the start to tell the ECB what was in the texts, he hasn't.
    But that is as much of a stretch as some of you have said my argument is, in this thread..

Look, I don't deny that my entire theory is based on a lot of stretching (I would call it inference, though) of whatever small amount of facts that IS known in this issue. But to me, it is a lot of small things adding up and I honestly do believe that a few of the England Team and Management are as much to blame for how this issue has blown up as KP and the ECB.

Look, I don't deny that my entire theory is based on a lot of stretching (I would call it inference, though)
    I think that's one of the greatest things I've ever read. Astounding.

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    It is not about control, though.. What I meant was they could have forced a more serious investigation and even legal action, maybe? As I said, if ECB took KP seriously as THEIR employee they would have done that..
    dude it's the internet you can do what you want. It stated it was a parody account.

Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    dude it's the internet you can do what you want. It stated it was a parody account.
    Tbf if it wasn't such an obvious parody it could have perhaps been construed as a act of defamation. But since it was completely obvious it was a joke and completely insincere this was never really anything other than a paper possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Tbf if it wasn't such an obvious parody it could have perhaps been construed as a act of defamation. But since it was completely obvious it was a joke and completely insincere this was never really anything other than a paper possibility.
    Haha I got threatened with legal action re: "online impersonation" for creating a multiple account on another forum parodying another member, when I was a lot younger. Good times.

Good job you nipped that one in the bud.

Page 39 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread Information