• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Momentous stuff on SSN, Bob Willis almost cracked a smile WAG:

Bob Willis: "Pietersen has disrupted every dressing room he has been in. He's not-played enough games for Surrey to disrupt them"

Pothas

It is **** from a fans point of you that is for sure but it was always going to end up this way eventually.

We don't know what went on in Australia, did he do anything new or was it just case that they felt he was not worth it anymore?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is **** from a fans point of you that is for sure but it was always going to end up this way eventually.

We don't know what went on in Australia, did he do anything new or was it just case that they felt he was not worth it anymore?
Maybe Swann was on about KP?

All I know is that those 2 will be almost impossible to replace.

grecian

Alright this is just talking nonsense of the top of my head, but I remember just before twitter-gate, and text-gate blew up, wasn't there a suggestion that KP said to James Taylor he couldn't bat, during his innings when KP produced his genius innings, it certainly was the Press conference just after that started the rigmarole, with KP playing the hangdog.

I dunno, but Taylor hasn't been involved a lot since. Again just aimless speculation, I'm certainly looking forward to the autobiographies :p

grecian

I loved Gower, and you'll be shocked to know I'm not a big fan of KP, but the comparisons are certainly there. Particularly that Gower was the top England Runscorer, when Gooch and the selectors got rid of him. Gooch overtook him. I was livid at the time.

Cook may well profit similarly in the next year.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is different to 2012. This is literally them saying "new era and cbf with the issues you bring, real or perceived"

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
ECB should expect a serious drop in revenue next summer, especially after this and given the performance this past winter.

grecian

This is different to 2012. This is literally them saying "new era and cbf with the issues you bring, real or perceived"

Yeah, I'm surprised about the shock. We are going down the drain anyway, so they've just said new broom, bring in a bunch of players and try to build a new team spirit, around a few old uns, Like Oz did with Border after a few glorious thrashings.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Can't be too much wrong with English batting if we can cast aside a bloke with 8000+ test runs and 23 tons, eh?

Admittedly I don't have to share a dressing room with him, but we were struggling for a top six with Pietersen. Without him, well the talent pool looks a tad shallow, eh?

Cook*
?
Bell
?
?
Stokes

Sad state of etceteras when a bloke with 4 tests is the third batsman inked in.

grecian

Can't be too much wrong with English batting if we can cast aside a bloke with 8000+ test runs and 23 tons, eh?

Admittedly I don't have to share a dressing room with him, but we were struggling for a top six with Pietersen. Without him, well the talent pool looks a tad shallow, eh?

Cook*
?
Bell
?
?
Stokes

Sad state of etceteras when a bloke with 4 tests is the third batsman inked in.
Well, I can guarantee Bell won't be batting at three.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Wow, never thought ECB would be this daft. A year after he plays one of the greatest knocks by a visiting player in India his career is over.

Shri

Mr. Glass
David Warner looks like he might end up being a bigger prick than KP but Australia have tried to manage him appropriately with punishments fitting his faults. All I have seen England do with KP in the recent past is drop/mock/media scandal repeat ad nauseam. The idiots are more concerned about maintaining their image/control than winning. No experienced player in the English test XI needs to be dropped, most of 'em just need to be rested well before they play again.