Page 38 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 1230
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

  1. #556
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    31,623
    Yeah, clearly Stauss' fault. He is completely to blame for everything that's happened.

  2. #557
    Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    15,695
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    I can't believe that Anderson and Swann were jealous of KP at all really... sure they'd probably like a bit of money and an IPL contract, but they get more adulation from the English public than KP anyway, and they're hardly short of money themselves with all their sponsorship opportunities. KP may like to think everyone's jealous of him, but I really don't think many of them are... and he may think that everyone wants to be like him but that's just his ego talking.

    Plus the idea that Flower and Strauss are happy with people ganging up on someone who has done nothing wrong because they're jealous of him just seems so ridiculously far-fetched it's crazy.

    Of course, according to KP's people how poorly KP was treated has all yet to come out, but the media are being paid by the ECB not to say anything and to twist the story to make KP look bad... so who knows.
    I agree that KP is no angel.. In fact, if you read my edited post, I have added in quite a bit. Put it this way: I think a group of people were upset/jealous/both of how KP has been acting and because of his ego, they start ganging up on him, the captain and coach (who are both upset with KP over his ego as well) don't do much but just join in on the ganging up, KP goes against the board as well, so the board sees an opportunity and shoves him out.

    It just sounded fishy to me that the guy who created the fake twitter account could just walk up and apologize and see it get accepted gratefully but when KP does, it is NOT enough. To me, that is where things just started looking like people ganging up to get KP out of the team. Now, if KP would have given them good enough reason for them to want to do that, that is a totally different question and given his attitude, I think KP may well have acted so bad that a part of his team desperately wanted him out of the team.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

    Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.


    Check out this awesome e-fed:

    PWE Efed

  3. #558
    Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    15,695
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yeah, clearly Stauss' fault. He is completely to blame for everything that's happened.
    yes, that is exactly what I said..

  4. #559
    Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    15,695
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    So you mentioned jimmeh and swann, coz they're stroppy in the field? What about all KP's other falling-outs in his career, was everyone jellus?
    I guess I covered this when I edited that original post you quoted, Grecian..


  5. #560
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    31,623
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    yes, that is exactly what I said..
    No, it's exactly what I said.

  6. #561
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,525
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    It just sounded fishy to me that the guy who created the fake twitter account could just walk up and apologize and see it get accepted gratefully but when KP does, it is NOT enough.
    It's a bit different considering Richard Bailey isn't under the employ of the ECB in any way. Don't see how you can really make that comparison.
    ~ Cribbage ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

  7. #562
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Moeen is a perfectly fine bowler FFS.
    Posts
    15,253
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    I agree that KP is no angel.. In fact, if you read my edited post, I have added in quite a bit. Put it this way: I think a group of people were upset/jealous/both of how KP has been acting and because of his ego, they start ganging up on him, the captain and coach (who are both upset with KP over his ego as well) don't do much but just join in on the ganging up, KP goes against the board as well, so the board sees an opportunity and shoves him out.

    It just sounded fishy to me that the guy who created the fake twitter account could just walk up and apologize and see it get accepted gratefully but when KP does, it is NOT enough. To me, that is where things just started looking like people ganging up to get KP out of the team. Now, if KP would have given them good enough reason for them to want to do that, that is a totally different question and given his attitude, I think KP may well have acted so bad that a part of his team desperately wanted him out of the team.
    Broad didn't create the account though, still you've given no reason why you've thrown Jimmeh in there
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

  8. #563
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    31,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    It's a bit different considering Richard Bailey isn't under the employ of the ECB in any way. Don't see how you can really make that comparison.
    I can see it completely.

    Facts? No thanks.

    You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true. I don't want anything to do with facts.

  9. #564
    Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    15,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    It's a bit different considering Richard Bailey isn't under the employ of the ECB in any way. Don't see how you can really make that comparison.
    Well, seeing that apparently ECB have NOT been able to get a hand of the content of the text messages KP sent to the RSA players, and are yet adamant that an apology alone is not sufficient makes me think otherwise. And I have my doubts on whatever is the investigation process they have had. Whether he is their employ or not, he WAS impersonating one in their employ. And I know companies that take this stuff much more seriously than ECB just did.


    Honestly, do you guys seriously expect that the ECB would be fair with KP when it is a known fact that they have had issues with having ANYONE in the IPL and other such stuff? ECB and KP have always had a difficult relationship, so I just do not see why anyone thinks they will be fair to him in this instance. Whoever be at fault, I don't think it is much of a stretch to think ECB will not treat KP in a fair manner.

  10. #565
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Moeen is a perfectly fine bowler FFS.
    Posts
    15,253
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    I got to clear the air a bit about my post. I have NOT followed the whole KP saga as closely as I might have done with many other cricket stories. But from everything I have read around this and my own judgement of some of these players (based on how they act when playing cricket, obviously not a great indicator but the best at my disposal), I felt that quite a bit of the attitude towards KP from "certain" English players seemed to stem out of a bit of jealousy and anger at all his IPL and other adulation.. I am sure a guy with KP's ego can't be easy to get on with inside the dressing room but to me, this whole situation since it started has just looked like 3 or 4 guys ganging up on one player with the coach and captain's blessings.. Again, I am not going to sift through the net to bring up links that back up what I post but from whatever I have read and seen, this is the opinion I have on the situation.


    And let's be fair, there have been people with BIGGER egos than KP who have been part of successful teams. Everyone has their problems getting along inside the dressing room but most teams, esp. good and successful teams, just manage to ensure they stay WITHIN the dressing room and doesn't spill out over books, twitter etc. While I would blame KP and his seemingly big ego for people not getting along with him in the dressing room, I would still think it is the fault of those "certain" teammates of his, the England Team Management and the ECB that all of this had come out so publicly and for the situation to reach these unprecedented levels.
    Didn't the trouble in the dressing room come entirely from KPs press conference? yet it's everyone elses fault is it.

    Honestly, I agree that the ECB leaking has been poor, but this case against the other player's seems tenuous at best.

  11. #566
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    31,623
    It's true, impersonating someone in a company's employ immediately makes you answerable to said company. This is an indisputable fact.

  12. #567
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,676
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    It just sounded fishy to me that the guy who created the fake twitter account could just walk up and apologize and see it get accepted gratefully but when KP does, it is NOT enough.
    Yes, because clearly the terms of the central contract with the ECB held by the spoofer were breached
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  13. #568
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    31,623
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    fact.

  14. #569
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Moeen is a perfectly fine bowler FFS.
    Posts
    15,253
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    Well, seeing that apparently ECB have NOT been able to get a hand of the content of the text messages KP sent to the RSA players, and are yet adamant that an apology alone is not sufficient makes me think otherwise. And I have my doubts on whatever is the investigation process they have had. Whether he is their employ or not, he WAS impersonating one in their employ. And I know companies that take this stuff much more seriously than ECB just did.


    Honestly, do you guys seriously expect that the ECB would be fair with KP when it is a known fact that they have had issues with having ANYONE in the IPL and other such stuff? ECB and KP have always had a difficult relationship, so I just do not see why anyone thinks they will be fair to him in this instance. Whoever be at fault, I don't think it is much of a stretch to think ECB will not treat KP in a fair manner.

    The fact is KP has refused to show the contents of the texts, which tends to make you think there's something more than light banter.

    The ECB are ****s, Clarke should go, but still do not see why Flower, Strauss and the players are getting the blame.

    This is my frustration with the entire thing, everyone's name seems to being dragged through the mud, on flimsy evidence. Just don't think it's doing anyone any good.
    Last edited by grecian; 30-08-2012 at 11:57 AM.

  15. #570
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Moeen is a perfectly fine bowler FFS.
    Posts
    15,253
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Yes, because clearly the terms of the central contract with the ECB held by the spoofer were breached
    It's a stretch that is consistent with the rest of his argument, to be fair

Page 38 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. CW Short Story Competition
    By Hurricane in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 07:17 AM
  2. PIETERSEN loses flood auction winner
    By sehwag fan in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29-01-2011, 10:00 AM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 07:22 PM
  4. Pietersen may miss Ashes
    By Jakester1288 in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 22-07-2009, 09:53 AM
  5. Mahmood and Panesar power England to series glory
    By symonds_94 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 10:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •