• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Piers Morgan saying they've got rid of him on twitter. Big fan of this if true, even if it is only because of how angry it's made Morgan.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Piers Morgan saying they've got rid of him on twitter. Big fan of this if true, even if it is only because of how angry it's made Morgan.
It's certainly a big plus, I quite like how he keeps saying it's "gutless", surely it's anything but?

Last edited:

grecian

This sucks
Yeah probably does, but you got the feeling Cook didn't want him around, so I can't say I'm surprised. I genuinely believe his close relationship with penis, actually has played a part. The way he (moron) was mocking Trott for going home as well as Swann. Was disappointed in freddie for going along with it too. It was time to publically say he was out of order, whether you be KP, Vaughan, Warne or Flintoff.

Instead they all seemed so desperate to stay in with the ****wit, they just praised him for the Lee debacle. It's all a bit untenable. I do think the great Irony of Morgans rant here, is he played a big part in it all.

Even though we've got hardly any bats now, so I'll not be putting out the bunting.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
@grecian - Brumby had a quote in his sig last time KP was axed, something like 'There is no situation that isn't made worse by the introduction of Piers Morgan'

Enough said I guess

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Better now than another 12 months along the line when the next coach decides that KP is like cancer for the dressing room as seemingly every other coach has decided. Just glad it's all over and we don't have to deal with this debate again and again.

grecian

@grecian - Brumby had a quote in his sig last time KP was axed, something like 'There is no situation that isn't made worse by the introduction of Piers Morgan'

Enough said I guess
Oh, that's good, wish I had sigs turned on to read it.

Better now than another 12 months along the line when the next coach decides that KP is like cancer for the dressing room as seemingly every other coach has decided. Just glad it's all over and we don't have to deal with this debate again and again.
Kinda my thoughts, but I can see why people are upset, and he was a thrilling player, been around over a decade too. Yet you are just waiting for the next spat. TBH, I'm pretty sure he's not that gutted, he'll get squillions playing around the World, and I bet Surrey will do well out of him.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It would be interesting to know what he's actually done to earn the big boot. Since his readmission after the SA affair in 2012, that is. Sure he's probably a prize arse at times, but he's hardly alone in that. And managers are paid to, er, manage, aren't they? I'm going to take a fair bit of persuading that there are four better middle order batsmen available to us.

Reminds me a bit of Gower being ditched when Gooch was captain. Obviously a different character, but equally unjustifiable in purely cricketing terms.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Expected, shame. Best player I have seen for us but to be honest he probably underachieved for his talent despite being a bloody star.

Winner in this will be Prior as we will need his experience in the summer so he CAN'T be dropped.

Kyle

School Boy/Girl Captain
Only in England... This is comical. Oh well, at least they have a load of other exciting players to draw in the crowds.

grecian

Only in England... This is comical. Oh well, at least they have a load of other exciting players to draw in the crowds.
Yep we do, Stokes, Buttler, Morgan, Jordan, thanks for thinking of us though:)

Burgey

Gotta love England.

Lose 5-0 and bat at a deplorable rate which puts you behind in the game even when you occupy the crease. Sack your best and most attacking batsman.

Said many times here Kevin Pietersen is the best Pommie bat since Gower and maybe since Boycott. Coincidentally, both those blokes had problems with the set up at different times as well.

No doubt not everything he did was kosher, and the SA messages thing was woeful, but he'd been back in the side for ages since then and was batting, if not at his best, then certainly at a level superior to his team mates. I love watching him bat, he just takes the bowling on and is so monumentally gifted it's beyond a joke. Even when Cook and Trott were at their most immovable, I feared Pietersen more. He didn't grind you out of the game, he smashed you out of it.

Devastating player. Has all the strokes and isn't afraid to play them. He'll be missed.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Only one of them inked in for tests though

God knows what our batting line-up will look like now. Only Cook, Bell and Stokes certs from where I'm sat

flibbertyjibber

Perfectly put Burgey.

Trouble is us grunts have no idea what went on. It may have been a step too far this time and with him being 34 this summer they have decided to get rid now. I bet had he been 30 he wouldn't have gone.