Page 35 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 1230
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

  1. #511
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,898
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Shane Warne abused a team member on live tv and the coach every time he got the chance

    Half of Richard Hadlee's team wouldnt speak to him for extended periods

    Don Bradman was despised by many of his teammates

    David Campese - ****

    Wally Lewis - ****

    Greg Norman - ****

    Nick Faldo - ****

    Romario - ****

    I could go on and name 100 more examples if you like of sportsmen who werent liked by team mates but were picked because they got the the job done

    For whatever reason, England are trying to rewrite the criteria by which sportsmen are selected and it has already cost them the world no. 1 test and odi rankings

    Idiots
    I disagree with you but most of what you say is not unreasonable and its fair enough to have that view.

    But to say that England cost themselves #1 because of how they handled KP is just a completely false statement with no basis at all. They lost the first test with him before any of the locker room scandal stuff really blew up, and importantly, they lost a bucket load of tests in Asia and the Middle East before this **** too.

  2. #512
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,690
    Ha ha, yet more bollocks.

    England lost the number 1 spot in ODI's because of KP? The same spot they got without him?
    They lost the number 1 spot in Test's because of KP? Bull**** even by your standards.

    There's a difference between no being liked by team-mates (and obviously some of those you've named really needed to get on with their team-mates when they competed in individual sports) and being employed and paid very handsomely then breaking all sorts of moral and contractual obligations.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  3. #513
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I disagree with you but most of what you say is not unreasonable and its fair enough to have that view.

    that said Symonds was a drunk who clearly let it affect the team's performance. KP and most of the others on the list are dicks. That's a pretty huge difference and I don't see any real comparison between the two. Not that social himself drew the comparison.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

    With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

  4. #514
    Cricketer Of The Year wpdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,902
    Why is Social pretending that KP got dropped simply because his team-mates don't like him?


  5. #515
    International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,473
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Why is Social pretending that KP got dropped simply because his team-mates don't like him?
    Wasnt he treated differently?

    Swann wasnt fined for the comments in his autobiography yet KP was fined for his rant against Nick Knight.
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

  6. #516
    Cricketer Of The Year wpdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,902
    Quote Originally Posted by ganeshran View Post
    Wasnt he treated differently?

    Swann wasnt fined for the comments in his autobiography yet KP was fined for his rant against Nick Knight.
    Which of Swann's comments should have got him fined? Genuine question, as I haven't read the book.

    Agreed that KP shouldn't have been fined for his comments about Knight, unless there's some contractual; angle that I've forgotten.

    None of which is terribly relevant to KP being dropped anyway.

  7. #517
    U19 Cricketer
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    491
    KP has certainly put England in a tough spot.

    If feelings towards him in the dressing room are really as negative towards him as the media makes them out to be (which I doubt) then they can't really bring him back in. But the way he is playing, they are really giving themselves the short end of the stick by omitting him.

  8. #518
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,449
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Ha ha, yet more bollocks.

    England lost the number 1 spot in ODI's because of KP? The same spot they got without him?
    They lost the number 1 spot in Test's because of KP? Bull**** even by your standards.

    There's a difference between no being liked by team-mates (and obviously some of those you've named really needed to get on with their team-mates when they competed in individual sports) and being employed and paid very handsomely then breaking all sorts of moral and contractual obligations.
    To attain the no.1 ranking takes years, not a couple of matches and KP contributed as much, if not more than anybody to get them there.

    Unfortunately, losing it came down to one match in both and look at the teams Eng trotted out!

    If you dont think that one of the best players in the world in those formats could've got them across the line then there isnt much hope for you

    FYI, golf has team competitions, none of those guys were liked by the vast majority and all got picked every single time

    Why?

    Because winning golf is about getting the ball in the hole in the fewest shots not about who gets on with you

    Where was this strict adherence to contractrual obligations when Strauss opted out of the Bangladesh tour?

    Where was Endland's moral compass when Swann shafted team-mates in his autobiography?

    It's a joke

  9. #519
    International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,473
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Which of Swann's comments should have got him fined? Genuine question, as I haven't read the book.

    Agreed that KP shouldn't have been fined for his comments about Knight, unless there's some contractual; angle that I've forgotten.

    None of which is terribly relevant to KP being dropped anyway.
    He criticized KP's captaincy and Samit Patel in the book. My point was that KP has always been given the short end of the stick when it comes to enforcing rules, while other team mates have been treated with more consideration for similar offences.

    That doesn't change the fact that KP has been a **** and has mostly himself to blame for the his current predicament, but it does show that ECB's stepmotherly attitude towards him could have been a factor in his decision making.

  10. #520
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    32,438
    That Nick Knight thing was kind of odd, it's not like KP was the first to quite publicly express his disaste of Knight (though KP was by far the most vocal)
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +


    get ready for a broken ****in' arm

  11. #521
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,748
    everyone hates nick knight and getting drunk is awesome

    in fact im halfway there aws
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

  12. #522
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    everyone hates nick knight and getting drunk is awesome

    in fact im halfway there aws
    Richard doesn't.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  13. #523
    State Regular L Trumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I disagree with you but most of what you say is not unreasonable and its fair enough to have that view.

    But to say that England cost themselves #1 because of how they handled KP is just a completely false statement with no basis at all. They lost the first test with him before any of the locker room scandal stuff really blew up, and importantly, they lost a bucket load of tests in Asia and the Middle East before this **** too.
    It is not just about costing themselves #1. English cricket in general has this systematic urge to remove any player who doesn't follow some kind of team code even though it is pretty clear that it is stupid to drop one of the best players in sake of team harmony. They are doing it for 100+ years. It never worked for the team or the player. You can list from Barnes till KP every generation has couple of players like this and it keeps on happening forever.

  14. #524
    U19 Captain Stumpcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK Midlands
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by L Trumper View Post
    It is not just about costing themselves #1. English cricket in general has this systematic urge to remove any player who doesn't follow some kind of team code even though it is pretty clear that it is stupid to drop one of the best players in sake of team harmony. They are doing it for 100+ years. It never worked for the team or the player. You can list from Barnes till KP every generation has couple of players like this and it keeps on happening forever.
    Hmmm, what's that saying about pride coming before?

  15. #525
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    19
    If KP is not selected for India series, will he commentate for ESPNStar during the series (ESPNStar handles the home series for India on Indian TV)?

    He will already handle WorldT20 duties.

Page 35 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. CW Short Story Competition
    By Hurricane in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 07:17 AM
  2. PIETERSEN loses flood auction winner
    By sehwag fan in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29-01-2011, 10:00 AM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 07:22 PM
  4. Pietersen may miss Ashes
    By Jakester1288 in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 22-07-2009, 09:53 AM
  5. Mahmood and Panesar power England to series glory
    By symonds_94 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 10:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •