• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
KP/ECB press conference in 10 minutes of R5L.

Announcement of signing of new contract and possibly KP going to India for test series.

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
KP/ECB press conference in 10 minutes of R5L.

Announcement of signing of new contract and possibly KP going to India for test series.
Good news if true. Even better if to be followed by an announcement on Bell's future, in the coming days.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This thing is still making my head ache. Re-intergration, is he a criminal? What about the IPL?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
All getting slightly ghey from Team England (:sick:), isn't it?

Yes, KP's a massive bellend and a rampant egotist, but most of us work with someone like that, don't we?

As far as we know Strauss & Taylor we the victims of Pietersen's texting finger and scorn respectively and neither is touring India. Pretty sure Strauss has accpeted the (admittedly quarter-arsed at best) apology too.

Other players might not like him (Swann, Broad and Prior seem to be those who take most violent objection), but HTFU, eh? I don't much like the fact, but there's no doubt England are better with the scion of Pietermaritzburg in situ.

Quaggas

State Captain
An honorary VC can be earned by swimming a full length of the PMB GHS pool, tackle out, I believe. This, in turn, assures access to the 9th circle of hell.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'd trying to get my head round the four-month contract. Is this supposed to free him up for the whole of the IPL, missing the NZ tests, before signing an eight month contract for the twin Ashes series?

As for the other guys, it seems to be taken for granted in one or two pieces I've read that Swann, Broad and Anderson were involved in the fake Twitter account. If so, a bit of honesty when it all blew up would have been healthy, even if accompanied by telling KP to get over it.

And as has been said elsewhere, if KP's texts to his SA chums didn't actually contain anything derogotary or tactical, then what was the problem?

This isn't going to end well, is it. Or at least, it probably isn't going to last long.

fredfertang

This isn't going to end well, is it. Or at least, it probably isn't going to last long.
I suspect, as Mr Churchill said in a rather more significant context, that this not the end, nor even the beginning of the end but is, perhaps, the end of the beginning

grecian

I'd trying to get my head round the four-month contract. Is this supposed to free him up for the whole of the IPL, missing the NZ tests, before signing an eight month contract for the twin Ashes series?

As for the other guys, it seems to be taken for granted in one or two pieces I've read that Swann, Broad and Anderson were involved in the fake Twitter account. If so, a bit of honesty when it all blew up would have been healthy, even if accompanied by telling KP to get over it.

And as has been said elsewhere, if KP's texts to his SA chums didn't actually contain anything derogotary or tactical, then what was the problem?

Well, probably the same type of articles that said KP had definitely said something derogatory, I've stopped reading them now, can't believe anything. As I've said before, it's all so juvenile, and annoying. Just want it to stop.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Other players might not like him (Swann, Broad and Prior seem to be those who take most violent objection), but HTFU, eh? I don't much like the fact, but there's no doubt England are better with the scion of Pietermaritzburg in situ.
Was reading Hoggard the other day saying he'd taken KP for a beer at some point in 2006 and basically told him to stop being a ****. I'm not sure from that whether to think that Hoggard was much more sensible than the current lot, or whether you can understand why people have got wound up if he was that annoying for that long.

VCC44

School Boy/Girl Captain
All getting slightly ghey from Team England (:sick:), isn't it?

Yes, KP's a massive bellend and a rampant egotist, but most of us work with someone like that, don't we?

As far as we know Strauss & Taylor we the victims of Pietersen's texting finger and scorn respectively and neither is touring India. Pretty sure Strauss has accpeted the (admittedly quarter-arsed at best) apology too.

Doesn't seem to be characteristic for Prior these days? And he also seemed to be the one who at least tried reaching out to KP, phoning him to try and see if he could help sort out the problems that existed.

It really is all getting very boring. KP needs to grow up and commit but it looks like some other players ego's need to be reigned in.

FBU

International Debutant

Don't see how. Swann and Anderson had never met the Bailsthebadger, who started the parody account, and never tweeted him. Broad, Prior and Bresnan are still following him under his Bailsthebadger account. Anderson didn't follow the parody account anyway. Whether they all laughed at it is another matter but after Prior had his talk with KP he said it was all cleared up and he was looking forward to getting back to the dressing room. At that time we never knew why KP found it difficult being him in the dressing room.

Then the texts came to light and KP needed to use the parody account as a reason why he texted the South Africans.

uvelocity

International Coach
you'd be annoyed if you were a punter who put a long term bet on say eng getting somewhere in the t20wc and the best player gets left out then re-picked just after they get bundled out

Spark

Global Moderator
Oh come on. When did nine-year-olds start running the ECB?

Mummy, mummy, he started it!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yup, if it was the true feeling at the time then they would have used it as some sort of excuse to exonerate Pietersen from that part of the issues between the parties.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Called it back when it first broke, pretty much:

It's been briefly touched on, but what are we feeling about the role of the Saffers in Textgate?

The leak of the supposedly derogatory nature of the messages can only have come from one side (unless KP is of seriously abnormally low intelligence) so one can only suppose what their motives for making them public were. It looks like, at best, mischief making and at worst chucking a hand grenade into the opposition changing room and sitting back to admire the carnage.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
:laugh:

ECB are such a pathetic organisation. This has just been an utter embarrassment.

KP is one of the biggest wankers you will ever find, and in 8 years they have been unable to figure out how to handle him. They of course were the geniuses who made him captain.

Last edited: