Page 31 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    KP was in the team when Amjad Khan played his only test, wasn't he? Might've even played with Schofield when he was briefly recalled to the T20 squad as well. That being so he's clearly being way too harsh on wee JT.

Makes one wonder who the "senior player" is who confronted KP is too. My money's on Prior.

Whole thing sounds as if Pietersen has gotten too big for his boots. It'll be very interesting to see if he's offered a central contract or if he accepts one if he is.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Well I've defended KP more than most but that outburst against Taylor sounds utterly bizarre. Completely lost the plot by the sound of things.
    that helmet causes people to do strange things
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    KP was in the team when Amjad Khan played his only test, wasn't he? Might've even played with Schofield when he was briefly recalled to the T20 squad as well. That being so he's clearly being way too harsh on wee JT.

Makes one wonder who the "senior player" is who confronted KP is too. My money's on Prior.

Whole thing sounds as if Pietersen has gotten too big for his boots. It'll be very interesting to see if he's offered a central contract or if he accepts one if he is.
    See also:

Saj Mahmood
    Liam Plunkett
    Darren Pattinson
    Ian Blackwell
    Mike Yardy
    Alex Loudon
    Jamie Dalrymple
    Jade Dernbach

Just off the top of my head
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    It'll be very interesting to see if he's offered a central contract or if he accepts one if he is.
    I don't think he has a hope in hell of being offered one personally - not while Flower is still coach.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?

Taylor does look rank ordinary early doors tbf. But he has some competition for that mantle.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    KP was in the team when Amjad Khan played his only test, wasn't he? Might've even played with Schofield when he was briefly recalled to the T20 squad as well.
    What have Amjad and Schofield got to do with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Pup Clarke View Post
    What have Amjad and Schofield got to do with this?
    Pietersen said James Taylor was the worst player he's seen play for England. Given Amjad Khan played a Test with Pietersen it seems more than a little harsh.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

I'm sure some apologists will whine about another leak. Yet for me he can just **** off to the IPL, they deserve each other, time to draw the line under the ****.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Look, I love Pietersen but if he's gonna criticise m'boi Taylor then ****'s gonna get real....

Just to back up Grecian's point.. the whole leaking thing has got a bit boring. Pietersen was obviously in the wrong, at least initially, but now it just seems like they're trying to find out how bad they can make him look before he retaliates and they point the finger saying "I told you so, look how mean that KP is!". Credit to him he's not risen to it yet IMO.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Taylor does look rank ordinary early doors tbf. But he has some competition for that mantle.
    Well yeah, at best I'm reserving judgement (I was expressing my doubts even before he made the side, so am now caught between my overarching desire to say "told you so" and wanting to see a young bloke do well, because I'm not a total ****) but a senior pro bagging out a kid on debut in front of pretty much the whole team is the exact opposite of what I understand by "team spirit".

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Well yeah, at best I'm reserving judgement (I was expressing my doubts even before he made the side, so am now caught between my overarching desire to say "told you so" and wanting to see a young bloke do well, because I'm not a total ****) but a senior pro bagging out a kid on debut in front of pretty much the whole team is the exact opposite of what I understand by "team spirit".
    Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm on the 'KP is a total ****' side here.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    boybrumby going soft in his old age. smh.

U19 Cricketer
    Now that the spoof twitter account has been closed, KP's impacable opponents in the team are using Pringle as their mouthpiece. All very sad. As I've said before I can't see a way back for the talented maverick - even if Strauss falls on his sword, which I'm expecting soon as it's plain as a pikestaff that he's now a walking wicket against penetrative new ball bowling.
    "In 2009 he lost his old, faded India cap, when it was stolen from a ground. He was very, very upset about it. It was dear to him and he was extremely proud to wear it."

Vijeeta Dravid on her husband Rahul, March 2012

Better than using Piers Moron as a mouthpiece....

Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick

Page 31 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread Information