• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
It is not about control, though.. What I meant was they could have forced a more serious investigation and even legal action, maybe? As I said, if ECB took KP seriously as THEIR employee they would have done that..
dude it's the internet you can do what you want. It stated it was a parody account.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
dude it's the internet you can do what you want. It stated it was a parody account.
Tbf if it wasn't such an obvious parody it could have perhaps been construed as a act of defamation. But since it was completely obvious it was a joke and completely insincere this was never really anything other than a paper possibility.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tbf if it wasn't such an obvious parody it could have perhaps been construed as a act of defamation. But since it was completely obvious it was a joke and completely insincere this was never really anything other than a paper possibility.
Haha I got threatened with legal action re: "online impersonation" for creating a multiple account on another forum parodying another member, when I was a lot younger. Good times.

uvelocity

International Coach
just to go off on that tangent there was something on the radio the other day about twitter trolls sending a tv personality into a state (ended up in hospital) amid calls for crackdowns and penalties on those trolls. with that and the focus on bullying online and so forth can see some kind of online police coming about in the next few years

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And I was not talking about investigating the account itself or that the account did not declare itself to be a parody. My point has more to do with the England players following the account, retweeting posts and KP complaining that dressing room info. was reaching this parody account manager. If I was running a team,I would view this complaint just as seriously as KP sending supposedly derogatory text messages about team mates to friends from another team.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
What evidence is there that they didn't? It would have been a completely internal operation, there's no reason why anyone else would be made privy to it unless it was leaked. Unlike investigating the texts, which required the co-operation of SA.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, all the England players involved in that should be severely reprimanded. Especially the guy that retweeted the most posts from it; that Pietersen dude.
lol. You know what I mean.. There were things that ticked off KP and right or not, at the very least, I would have thought ECB would have tried to talk to the players on this.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What evidence is there that they didn't? It would have been a completely internal operation, there's no reason why anyone else would be made privy to it unless it was leaked. Unlike investigating the texts, which required the co-operation of SA.
KP seems to have thought that enough was not done. So there is as much evidence to believe ECB did nothing as there is to believe they did something.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
KP seems to have thought that enough was not done. So there is as much evidence to believe ECB did nothing as there is to believe they did something.
Yes, KP, that most trustworthy of sources.

Edit: And no there isn't. It's specious to claim otherwise.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
lol. You know what I mean.. There were things that ticked off KP and right or not, at the very least, I would have thought ECB would have tried to talk to the players on this.
Yeah, because it's totally inconceivable that the players were spoken to about this. It's far more logical to assume that the management ignored the issue totally.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That's a fairly comprehensive illustration of why your views on this matter are, shall we say, questionable. At best.
I never said otherwise. I just don't trust ECB to play fair with an issue where KP is involved. I am sorry I am practical.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I never said otherwise. I just don't trust ECB to play fair with an issue where KP is involved. I am sorry I am practical.
Oh I agree. The ECB is a draconian organisation, the sole purpose of which is to victimise people. The fact that they only choose to penalise persons who unquestionably are deserving of discipline is merely a cover-up for their actual intentions. Practical indeed.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
This whole 'the ECB hates KP' conspiracy is ridiculous.
No, it's not. There's a lot of evidence for it. I mean, there's the stuff KP says. And a load of crap that other people have imagined (sorry, inferred). And um...I think Warren Hegg may have said he didn't like someone in the ECB hierarchy once too. Pretty conclusive.