• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It just sounded fishy to me that the guy who created the fake twitter account could just walk up and apologize and see it get accepted gratefully but when KP does, it is NOT enough.
It's a bit different considering Richard Bailey isn't under the employ of the ECB in any way. Don't see how you can really make that comparison.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh: I agree that KP is no angel.. In fact, if you read my edited post, I have added in quite a bit. Put it this way: I think a group of people were upset/jealous/both of how KP has been acting and because of his ego, they start ganging up on him, the captain and coach (who are both upset with KP over his ego as well) don't do much but just join in on the ganging up, KP goes against the board as well, so the board sees an opportunity and shoves him out.

It just sounded fishy to me that the guy who created the fake twitter account could just walk up and apologize and see it get accepted gratefully but when KP does, it is NOT enough. To me, that is where things just started looking like people ganging up to get KP out of the team. Now, if KP would have given them good enough reason for them to want to do that, that is a totally different question and given his attitude, I think KP may well have acted so bad that a part of his team desperately wanted him out of the team.
Broad didn't create the account though, still you've given no reason why you've thrown Jimmeh in there:unsure:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's a bit different considering Richard Bailey isn't under the employ of the ECB in any way. Don't see how you can really make that comparison.
I can see it completely.

Facts? No thanks.

You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true. I don't want anything to do with facts.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, seeing that apparently ECB have NOT been able to get a hand of the content of the text messages KP sent to the RSA players, and are yet adamant that an apology alone is not sufficient makes me think otherwise. And I have my doubts on whatever is the investigation process they have had. Whether he is their employ or not, he WAS impersonating one in their employ. And I know companies that take this stuff much more seriously than ECB just did.

Honestly, do you guys seriously expect that the ECB would be fair with KP when it is a known fact that they have had issues with having ANYONE in the IPL and other such stuff? ECB and KP have always had a difficult relationship, so I just do not see why anyone thinks they will be fair to him in this instance. Whoever be at fault, I don't think it is much of a stretch to think ECB will not treat KP in a fair manner.

grecian

I got to clear the air a bit about my post. I have NOT followed the whole KP saga as closely as I might have done with many other cricket stories. But from everything I have read around this and my own judgement of some of these players (based on how they act when playing cricket, obviously not a great indicator but the best at my disposal), I felt that quite a bit of the attitude towards KP from "certain" English players seemed to stem out of a bit of jealousy and anger at all his IPL and other adulation.. I am sure a guy with KP's ego can't be easy to get on with inside the dressing room but to me, this whole situation since it started has just looked like 3 or 4 guys ganging up on one player with the coach and captain's blessings.. Again, I am not going to sift through the net to bring up links that back up what I post but from whatever I have read and seen, this is the opinion I have on the situation.

And let's be fair, there have been people with BIGGER egos than KP who have been part of successful teams. Everyone has their problems getting along inside the dressing room but most teams, esp. good and successful teams, just manage to ensure they stay WITHIN the dressing room and doesn't spill out over books, twitter etc. While I would blame KP and his seemingly big ego for people not getting along with him in the dressing room, I would still think it is the fault of those "certain" teammates of his, the England Team Management and the ECB that all of this had come out so publicly and for the situation to reach these unprecedented levels.
Didn't the trouble in the dressing room come entirely from KPs press conference? yet it's everyone elses fault is it.

Honestly, I agree that the ECB leaking has been poor, but this case against the other player's seems tenuous at best.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's true, impersonating someone in a company's employ immediately makes you answerable to said company. This is an indisputable fact.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It just sounded fishy to me that the guy who created the fake twitter account could just walk up and apologize and see it get accepted gratefully but when KP does, it is NOT enough.
Yes, because clearly the terms of the central contract with the ECB held by the spoofer were breached 8-)

grecian

Well, seeing that apparently ECB have NOT been able to get a hand of the content of the text messages KP sent to the RSA players, and are yet adamant that an apology alone is not sufficient makes me think otherwise. And I have my doubts on whatever is the investigation process they have had. Whether he is their employ or not, he WAS impersonating one in their employ. And I know companies that take this stuff much more seriously than ECB just did.

Honestly, do you guys seriously expect that the ECB would be fair with KP when it is a known fact that they have had issues with having ANYONE in the IPL and other such stuff? ECB and KP have always had a difficult relationship, so I just do not see why anyone thinks they will be fair to him in this instance. Whoever be at fault, I don't think it is much of a stretch to think ECB will not treat KP in a fair manner.

The fact is KP has refused to show the contents of the texts, which tends to make you think there's something more than light banter.

The ECB are ****s, Clarke should go, but still do not see why Flower, Strauss and the players are getting the blame.

This is my frustration with the entire thing, everyone's name seems to being dragged through the mud, on flimsy evidence. Just don't think it's doing anyone any good.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Whether he is their employ or not, he WAS impersonating one in their employ.
Yeah, but they obviously have far less control over the actions of people who don't actually work for them. I just don't see how you could draw any comparison between them at all. It'd be getting fired for ***ual harrassment in the workplace and then claiming you were unfairly treated because your company didn't do anything about your father when you were being molested as a child.

What Bailey does is really of no relevance at all to the ECB; he doesn't work for them so they can't exactly sack the guy. Any legal action (which less face it, would be way over the top anyway) would in the hands of Pietersen rather than the ECB because he was impersonating the former rather than the latter.

Even ignoring the fact that you're comparing someone being a bit of a bit of an arse and having a gag on a social media site with someone giving the opposition tips on how to dismiss their captain, the ECB was powerless to actually really do anything about Bailey, even if they wanted to.

Last edited:

L Trumper

State Regular
Yeah, but they obviously have far less control over the actions of people who don't actually work for them. I just don't see how you could draw any comparison between them at all. It'd be getting fired for ***ual harrassment in the workplace and then claiming you were unfairly treated because your company didn't do anything about your father when you were being molested as a child.

What Bailey does is really of no relevance at all to the ECB; he doesn't work for them so they can't exactly sack the guy. Any legal action (which less face it, would be way over the top anyway) would in the hands of Pietersen rather than the ECB because he was impersonating the former rather than the latter.

Even ignoring the fact that you're comparing someone being a bit of a bit of an arse and having a gag on a social media site with someone giving the opposition tips on how to dismiss their captain, the ECB was powerless to actually really do anything about Bailey, even if they wanted to.
Does that really happen or people just running with the so called "anonymous" leaked entries to press without any proof.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Does that really happen or people just running with the so called "anonymous" leaked entries to press without any proof.
I think it's safe to assume it did in fact happen given no-one from the South African camp has denied it and Pietersen actually apologised for it. If it didn't happen at all I'm sure Pietersen would've been the first to let us all know.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Hypothetical question for English fans:

Would you be happy to leave KP out to assert the importance of the team over any individual even at the cost of losing matches that could have been won?

L Trumper

State Regular
I think it's safe to assume it did in fact happen given no-one from the South African camp has denied it and Pietersen actually apologised for it. If it didn't happen at all I'm sure Pietersen would've been the first to let us all know.
All this stuff you are referring to happened regarding derogatory texts i.e. calling strauss doos or some such. But the other stuff about giving tips about how to bowl him came out much later. By that time KP is done with apologies and media appearances. SA are stopped talking about this issue even before.
As far as KP letting everybody know whether its true or not, forget about it. There is new revelation coming about his behavior in dressing room on daily basis, not responding to any of it is kinda the best thing he can do right now.

grecian

All this stuff you are referring to happened regarding derogatory texts i.e. calling strauss doos or some such. But the other stuff about giving tips about how to bowl him came out much later. By that time KP is done with apologies and media appearances. SA are stopped talking about this issue even before.
As far as KP letting everybody know whether its true or not, forget about it. There is new revelation coming about his behavior in dressing room on daily basis, not responding to any of it is kinda the best thing he can do right now.

He's been asked from the start to tell the ECB what was in the texts, he hasn't.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

It is not about control, though.. What I meant was they could have forced a more serious investigation and even legal action, maybe? As I said, if ECB took KP seriously as THEIR employee they would have done that..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He's been asked from the start to tell the ECB what was in the texts, he hasn't.
But that is as much of a stretch as some of you have said my argument is, in this thread.. :)

Look, I don't deny that my entire theory is based on a lot of stretching (I would call it inference, though) of whatever small amount of facts that IS known in this issue. But to me, it is a lot of small things adding up and I honestly do believe that a few of the England Team and Management are as much to blame for how this issue has blown up as KP and the ECB.