• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Obviously he was in the wrong initially but now it's silly season and journos have got a bit of blood and now they're in for the kill, it's how the press work. Guys like Pringle, who funny enough wanted him dropped before the second test have never had a good word to say about the bloke and they see it as their time to stick it too him big style, whether it's true or not.

Best thing Pietersen can do is keep his head down and keep smashing runs for Surrey.
Well, then he can tell his great mate Morgan to shut up then, because it just looks like he's talking through him to me.

Jacknife

International Captain
Well, then he can tell his great mate Morgan to shut up then, because it just looks like he's talking through him to me.
LOL course he is and it would to you.

Personally couldn't give a **** what he says but he probably thinks he's backing up a mate.

Last edited:

grecian

LOL course he is.
Well, it's exactly the same premise isn't it? His friend, and Piers has said glowing tributes to figjam, is leaking stories, and putting a spin on those stories to millions of people. Insulting England players all along. If KP wanted it stopped why couldn't he tell the cretinous buffoon to STFU. He's not exactly a cricket commentator is he?

Would to me, what does that mean, honestly, **** me.

It's all making KPs place looking all the more untenable, and **** him, **** his sleb mates, and **** his circus he rode in on.

social

What a load of complete bollocks.
Oh really?

One side is playing the victim, leaking stuff to the press, playing terribly and has generally mismanaged the whole thing dreadfully since the other side stopped talking to the media and got on with the business of doing their job

The other side is KP's

Jacknife

International Captain
Well, it's exactly the same premise isn't it? His friend, and Piers has said glowing tributes to figjam, is leaking stories, and putting a spin on those stories to millions of people. Insulting England players all along. If KP wanted it stopped why couldn't he tell the cretinous buffoon to STFU. He's not exactly a cricket commentator is he?

Would to me, what does that mean, honestly, **** me.

It's all making KPs place looking all the more untenable, and **** him, **** his sleb mates, and **** his circus he rode in on.
I now you're feelings about the guy long before any of this happen, you've now just said that you think Morgan is the mouth piece of KP and that he's doing his talking through him, so you've made that jump all by yourself haven't you, like I said it would do you to you.

Can't see how anything ****ing Morgan says will have any bearing on anything, or at the very least it shouldn't do.

Last edited:

grecian

I now you're feelings about the guy long before any of this happen, you've now just said that you think Morgan is the mouth piece of KP and that he's doing his talking through him, so you've made that jump all by yourself haven't you.

Can't see how anything ****ing Morgan says will have any bearing on anything, or at the very least it shouldn't do.

Yep, I have in the same way that everyone else knows the leaks come from the dressing room. Well Morgan's a member of the media in the same way, not sure you can slag one off without the other. Much more high profile than Pringle. What is Morgan's connection to cricket other than being friends with KP, fairly easy connection? Can't condemn one without the other.

Personally I think it's all been fairly crap, but it really does show how hated KP is in the dressing-room, and how it would be best, for everyone, if he did one.

I think it best if we don't get personal, or I could say because you think the sun shines out of KPs arsehole, that you'd take his side on anything, despite his track record.

Last edited:

Jacknife

International Captain
Yep, I have in the same way that everyone else knows the leaks come from the dressing room. Well Morgan's a member of the media in the same way, not sure you can slag one off without the other. Much more high profile than Pringle. What is Morgan's connection to cricket other than being friends with KP, fairly easy connection? Can't condemn one without the other.

Personally I think it's all been fairly crap, but it really does show how hated KP is in the dressing-room, and how it would be best, for everyone, if he did one.

I think it best if we don't get personal, or I could say because you think the sun shines out of KPs arsehole, that you'd take his side on anything, despite his track record.
Not sure how I've got personal seen as you're opinion of the bloke is well known and there for all to see, so why you have to get childish but hey if makes you feel better go for it mate.

As for believing everything KP says and taking his side, not at all and I've said he was in the wrong plenty of times on this forum during this and other times, it's just that my opinion about him isn't so black or white as yours and others and I don't have a hatred for him.

The thing is and it's always has been the case of 25+ years of watching cricket, I don't care if players aren't liked around the dressing room, couldn't give a **** because it's not my problem. I pay to watch cricket and be entertained, end of. As long as said player isn't committing crimes or cheating the game, it doesn't matter for me, I've always been like that. Obviously others will use the incidents of the last few weeks to run him out the game but that to me is just pathetically sad.

Last edited:

grecian

Not sure how I've got personal seen as you're opinion of the bloke is well known and there for all to see, so why you have to get childish but hey if makes you feel better go for it mate.

The thing is and it's always has been the case of 25+ years of watching cricket, I don't care if players aren't liked around the dressing room, couldn't give a **** because it's not my problem. I pay to watch cricket and be entertained, end of. As long as said player isn't committing crimes or cheating the game, it doesn't matter for me but I've always been like that. Obviously others will use the incidents of the last few weeks to run him out the game but that to me is just pathetically sad.
It does it makes me feel so much better, even some kind of validation of my pathetic life, thanks mate for allowing it, I'm so chuffed:wub:

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Your both better than this so stop getting nark on with one another.

I actually can't see KP talking to Piers asking him to broadcast this 'I'm hard done to' message not with talks with Strauss coming up, esp. given Morgan's previous statements on Strauss.
I actually think he's doing the sensible thing and just getting on with playing cricket if people outside the discussions are leaking info or shouting their mouths of then so be it, so long as the involved parties put it out of their minds when they sit down to discuss this.

Jacknife

International Captain
Your both better than this so stop getting nark on with one another.

I actually can't see KP talking to Piers asking him to broadcast this 'I'm hard done to' message not with talks with Strauss coming up, esp. given Morgan's previous statements on Strauss.
I actually think he's doing the sensible thing and just getting on with playing cricket if people outside the discussions are leaking info or shouting their mouths of then so be it, so long as the involved parties put it out of their minds when they sit down to discuss this.
Yep pretty much what I've said, Morgan thinks he's doing him a favor when he's obviously not.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
And yes, I know the tip wasn't much of a tip. But if someone was stupid enough to pay a player to lose a match which everyone already knew was already lost, the player would still be in trouble. It's the principle. You can't have your team mate giving strategy advice about how to handle specific teammates to the opposition. It's insane that he has even one person defending him. I'd instant ban him for life if something like that came out.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Social has form in this area: he advocated the retention of Symonds long after his final turps-inspired antic had finally exhausted the selectors' patience.

I love watching KP bat; I'm on record as saying there's no-one currently playing I'd rather watch. However, cricket is a team game and there must be a tipping point. Even BC Lara, another high-maintenance player whose genius shone far brighter even than Pietersen's, was ultimately deemed to not quite be worth the ball ache and hurried into retirement.