• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well yeah, at best I'm reserving judgement (I was expressing my doubts even before he made the side, so am now caught between my overarching desire to say "told you so" and wanting to see a young bloke do well, because I'm not a total ****) but a senior pro bagging out a kid on debut in front of pretty much the whole team is the exact opposite of what I understand by "team spirit".
Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm on the 'KP is a total ****' side here.

Spikey

Well yeah, at best I'm reserving judgement (I was expressing my doubts even before he made the side, so am now caught between my overarching desire to say "told you so" and wanting to see a young bloke do well, because I'm not a total ****) but a senior pro bagging out a kid on debut in front of pretty much the whole team is the exact opposite of what I understand by "team spirit".
boybrumby going soft in his old age. smh.

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
Now that the spoof twitter account has been closed, KP's impacable opponents in the team are using Pringle as their mouthpiece. All very sad. As I've said before I can't see a way back for the talented maverick - even if Strauss falls on his sword, which I'm expecting soon as it's plain as a pikestaff that he's now a walking wicket against penetrative new ball bowling.

Spikey

Zafar Ansari already bracing himself for when KP gets back in the dressing room

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
KP is 159* off 161 out of a total of 291/9 for Surrey atm

Looking forward to next excuse for not picking him

benchmark00

KP is 159* off 161 out of a total of 291/9 for Surrey atm

Looking forward to next excuse for not picking him
It's still absolutely beyond ridiculous that you can not understand the fact that Pietersen's on field performance had nothing to do with his axing.

stumpski

International Captain
If he'd had a bit more support he'd be in line for another 200 now. Averaging something like 237 in the CC, and 90 in f-c cricket for the season. England's loss, etc.

social

social

Yeah because the current excuse is that he's not a good enough bat, so they'll have to be changing that.
Have a look at some of the posts in this thread advocating his need to "perform for Surrey" and "earn his spot back"

Job done!

social

Cannot believe that you give this report any credibility whatsoever

At worst, the chances are that he told one or 2 "trusted confidantes" of his view and they repaid him by going to the press

For his part, Taylor has praised KP for the support that he gave him during that innings

Cannot believe that Im supporting KP here as his absence is a MASSIVE plus for any team that plays England and I have zero love for the bloke

Then again, he is coming out of this looking like a much better bloke that many of the ****s in his team so maybe he is better off

ganeshran

International Debutant
Was it revealed who actually leaked the messages to the press? Not the content, but the fact that derogatory messages were sent.

Jacknife

International Captain
Look, I love Pietersen but if he's gonna criticise m'boi Taylor then ****'s gonna get real....

Just to back up Grecian's point.. the whole leaking thing has got a bit boring. Pietersen was obviously in the wrong, at least initially, but now it just seems like they're trying to find out how bad they can make him look before he retaliates and they point the finger saying "I told you so, look how mean that KP is!". Credit to him he's not risen to it yet IMO.
Obviously he was in the wrong initially but now it's silly season and journos have got a bit of blood and now they're in for the kill, it's how the press work. Guys like Pringle, who funny enough wanted him dropped before the second test have never had a good word to say about the bloke and they see it as their time to stick it too him big style, whether it's true or not.

Best thing Pietersen can do is keep his head down and keep smashing runs for Surrey.