Page 24 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 1228
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

  1. #346
    International Captain Jacknife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Yorkshire.
    Posts
    6,236
    Something I still find a bit strange looking back, is the day KP hit those runs in the second test and he then did the interview afterwards, he had a look of a man who had just got a pair and his team had lost by innings, not one who had just produced one of the great knocks at Headingley. But his team mates have since said that they had no knowledge of any problems until he gave that press conference after the 2nd test had finished. KP was already saying on day 3 of that test that the third test may be his last game. The text message incident didn't seem to come out till after the 2nd test so there must have been things happening before any of the incidents took place.

  2. #347
    International Coach grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oh, God, I'm bored. Might as well be listening to Genesis
    Posts
    14,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife View Post
    Something I still find a bit strange looking back, is the day KP hit those runs in the second test and he then did the interview afterwards, he had a look of a man who had just got a pair and his team had lost by innings, not one who had just produced one of the great knocks at Headingley. But his team mates have since said that they had no knowledge of any problems until he gave that press conference after the 2nd test had finished. KP was already saying on day 3 of that test that the third test may be his last game. The text message incident didn't seem to come out till after the 2nd test so there must have been things happening before any of the incidents took place.
    Or he's just a paranoid wretch? You see you have to disbelieve many people for one conclusion, only one for the other.
    Last edited by grecian; 17-08-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

  3. #348
    International Debutant Jager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The land of Siddle
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife View Post
    Something I still find a bit strange looking back, is the day KP hit those runs in the second test and he then did the interview afterwards, he had a look of a man who had just got a pair and his team had lost by innings, not one who had just produced one of the great knocks at Headingley. But his team mates have since said that they had no knowledge of any problems until he gave that press conference after the 2nd test had finished. KP was already saying on day 3 of that test that the third test may be his last game. The text message incident didn't seem to come out till after the 2nd test so there must have been things happening before any of the incidents took place.
    This is interesting. Do you think Johnny Bairstow making a century will mean the end of KP (at least in the near future)?
    Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick

  4. #349
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    44,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    This is interesting. Do you think Johnny Bairstow making a century will mean the end of KP (at least in the near future)?
    Nah, not while we have several other members of our top order stinking up the joint.

    We've accomodated far bigger ****s with far less talent than KP in the test XI over the years; he's too good to be excluded permanently.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change


  5. #350
    International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    11,287
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Nah, not while we have several other members of our top order stinking up the joint.

    We've accomodated far bigger ****s with far less talent than KP in the test XI over the years; he's too good to be excluded permanently.
    This.

    Trouble is it seems it all depends on whether the team/Strauss can trust him again in the dressing room. If they can't then he won't play again.

  6. #351
    Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    11,827
    I can't see him eating any more humble pie - I fear we have seen the last of him

  7. #352
    State Captain theegyptian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,944

  8. #353
    International Captain Jacknife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Yorkshire.
    Posts
    6,236
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Nah, not while we have several other members of our top order stinking up the joint.

    We've accomodated far bigger ****s with far less talent than KP in the test XI over the years; he's too good to be excluded permanently.
    Yes agree, I think once the dust's settled and all the parties involved speak and sort this out he will hopefully return. Can't see this being career ending or at least it shouldn't be.

    I think in the ECB eyes they will have had their pound of flesh & taught him a lesson, before this he'd already un-retired and committed to play all three formats again which was obviously one of the big sticking points for the ECB . I also don't think they'll want KP being a poster boy for franchise twenty cricket around the world because that's what will happen if his England career ends.

    Obviously a lot comes down to Flower and Strauss and where they see the team going but I just can't see Strauss being a man to hold grudges even though KP obviously let him down, he won't want this dragging on and on.

    The next big thing to do with all this is the next deadline for the Twenty20 World Cup because you get the feeling they want him there and obviously there will be talks held after this series has finished.

    KP just wants to keep his head down and scores as many runs as he can for Surrey, keep his eye in and make use of his great form. On that subject I'm really surprised the ECB didn't allow him to play for them in their latest first class game, not sure the reasoning behind that.

  9. #354
    State Captain theegyptian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife View Post
    On that subject I'm really surprised the ECB didn't allow him to play for them in their latest first class game, not sure the reasoning behind that.
    This was initially reported in the press and on these pages but later on there were a few reports that it was KP/ a mutual decision between KP and the ecb (about the only thing they have agreed upon) that decided it was probably wise not to play this first class game. KP wasn't too worried about playing having been put under stress and wanting to continue talks with the ecb and the ecb were happy to continue those talks - and not have KP in the media spotlight playing a county game.

  10. #355
    International Captain Jacknife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Yorkshire.
    Posts
    6,236
    Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    I wonder if he was talking about anyone in the current England squad when saying this,

    For instance, one resource for the insecure is to become a joker, to get attention by arousing laughter, by mocking those in authority or pretending not to care,

  11. #356
    International Captain Jacknife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Yorkshire.
    Posts
    6,236
    Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    This was initially reported in the press and on these pages but later on there were a few reports that it was KP/ a mutual decision between KP and the ecb (about the only thing they have agreed upon) that decided it was probably wise not to play this first class game. KP wasn't too worried about playing having been put under stress and wanting to continue talks with the ecb and the ecb were happy to continue those talks - and not have KP in the media spotlight playing a county game.
    Yes I suppose it would have been a bit of a media circus for Surrey, they probably did the right thing thinking about it for everyone involved, giving it a few days and letting him play in the CB40.

  12. #357
    International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Leeds, G.O.C.
    Posts
    2,260
    Yep that's KP done.

    Kevin Pietersen text to Andrew Strauss: What it said | Mail Online

    Got it via twitter btw, I don't read this filth actively.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

  13. #358
    International Coach grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oh, God, I'm bored. Might as well be listening to Genesis
    Posts
    14,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Tom View Post
    Yep that's KP done.

    Kevin Pietersen text to Andrew Strauss: What it said | Mail Online

    Got it via twitter btw, I don't read this filth actively.
    Yeah, not that interested in the Fails version of the word, after all "berk" is a rather affectionate insult in this country, but it derives from the rhyming slang "Berkshire Hunt". Any saffies going to tell us how insulting it is?

    TBF, I'm more interested that he was found in Brinkleys, one of Frank Lampards favoured haunts.
    Last edited by grecian; 18-08-2012 at 05:06 PM.

  14. #359
    International Captain Jacknife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Yorkshire.
    Posts
    6,236
    LOL it's clear that the Daily fail don't won't him in the England team, nothing new there then.

    Always laugh when you read an article about KP, if he's done something good it's England player Kevin Pietersen, if it's bad it South African born Kevin Pietersen.

    How dare Kevin put out his Youtube video 'at the time the nation was cheering Mo Farah to 5,000m Olympic Gold', seriously wtf is that about.

    Really is the worst **** rag ever known to man.
    Last edited by Jacknife; 18-08-2012 at 08:20 PM.

  15. #360
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,499
    andrew strauss is a box?

    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

    With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Page 24 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. CW Short Story Competition
    By Hurricane in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 07:17 AM
  2. PIETERSEN loses flood auction winner
    By sehwag fan in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29-01-2011, 10:00 AM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 07:22 PM
  4. Pietersen may miss Ashes
    By Jakester1288 in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 22-07-2009, 09:53 AM
  5. Mahmood and Panesar power England to series glory
    By symonds_94 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 10:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •