Cricket Player Manager
Page 21 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 1570
Like Tree201Likes

Thread: It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

  1. #301
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Right, but I don't see how whatever the ECB is trying to do is going to help that at all, just benching him indefinitely and leaving him to stew.

    EDIT: I mean, at the least let him play the county match, surely.
    Well how can you help someone who is like that? All you can do is tell them they're ****s and what they've done is wrong, and now it's up to KP to prove that he can earn the respect of the group again.

    If I was Kevin I'd have a good chat with Strauss and the other ****s he has issues with, then keep his head very very low and dominate the County scene. I'm sure the ECB will keep in close contact with Surrey to see how he progresses.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  2. #302
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    RIP
    Posts
    15,732
    The allegations which have been hinted is that he sent texts insulting Strauss, which he seems to have confirmed, Strauss, is you may have noticed the captain. Which is why the rest of it is just camouflage, I'm not sure any team in sport would allow players to slate their cap'n to the oppo..
    Last edited by grecian; 15-08-2012 at 07:02 AM.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

  3. #303
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    33,053
    Well he can't do that until the ECB let him.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +


    get ready for a broken ****in' arm

  4. #304
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Well he can't do that until the ECB let him.
    Well maybe he should send them a nice muffin basket.


  5. #305
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    33,574
    they changed their address and won't give it to him though
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

    With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

  6. #306
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    they changed their address and won't give it to him though
    Send them a muffin themed e-card.

  7. #307
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,816
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Well how can you help someone who is like that? All you can do is tell them they're ****s and what they've done is wrong, and now it's up to KP to prove that he can earn the respect of the group again.

    If I was Kevin I'd have a good chat with Strauss and the other ****s he has issues with, then keep his head very very low and dominate the County scene. I'm sure the ECB will keep in close contact with Surrey to see how he progresses.
    Would have thought that how he performs for Surrey is the last thing on people's minds - he is England's best player and was MOM in the last test and that hasnt been good enough to save him so I dont think that turning up with a smile on his face for a CC game will either

    If he doesnt get picked for the T20 WC or ODIs this summer, he may as well call it a season and go on holidays
    Last edited by social; 15-08-2012 at 08:24 AM.

  8. #308
    Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,189
    I've been in that situation at work, with a catastrophic breakdown in respect/trust between some people I worked with. It was completely miserable and went on for weeks, the most unpleasant atmosphere I've ever been in. I can understand why Strauss/Flower/ECB are taking a tough stance if it's deemed to be bad enough.

  9. #309
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Would have thought that how he performs for Surrey is the last thing on people's minds - he is England's best player and was MOM in the last test and that hasnt been good enough to save him so I dont think that turning up with a smile on his face for a CC game will either

    If he doesnt get picked for the T20 WC or ODIs this summer, he may as well call it a season and go on holidays

    It has nothing to do with his performances on the field, the concerns are clearly his inability to get on in a team environment. The only way Pietersen can show he can do that is to play for Surrey and really gel as a member of the team, which will be tough because he'll be so much better than his team mates, and he knows it.

  10. #310
    Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,189
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    It has nothing to do with his performances on the field, the concerns are clearly his inability to get on in a team environment. The only way Pietersen can do that is to play for Surrey and really gel as a member of the team, which will be tough because he'll be so much better than his team mates, and he knows it.
    It's maybe the last thing Surrey of all teams want to be wasting their energy on after what has happened this summer. But then again perhaps an ideal opportunity for KP to show he can be a real team player.

  11. #311
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,816
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    It's maybe the last thing Surrey of all teams want to be wasting their energy on after what has happened this summer. But then again perhaps an ideal opportunity for KP to show he can be a real team player.
    He showed he was a team player in the 2nd innings of the last test by sacrificing his average in pursuit of a victory

    I'm not a KP fan by any stretch of the imagination but the one thing he can never be accused of is putting his on field performances ahead of the team's interests and I doubt very much whether anything he does for Surrey (even another double hundred similar to the one he scored for them a couple of weeks ago) will add to his cause

    The ECB (and some of his teammates apparently) want to see him flogged in public before he returns - nothing more or less will suffice

  12. #312
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    Amazing how hard you're struggling with the concept that this isn't to do with his on field performances.

  13. #313
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,816
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Amazing how hard you're struggling with the concept that this isn't to do with his on field performances.
    So how do you suggest that they resolve the situation?

    Let me guess - KP has to appear on worldwide TV declaring his undying love for everyone associated with the team

    **** performances, we want nice guys

    Here's a better idea - how about Strauss, Swann, etc do what they're paid to do and then maybe England wouldnt be getting their arses handed to them

  14. #314
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    How about you read some posts in this thread? I've already described what Pietersen needs to do and why he needs to do it.

  15. #315
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,947
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    I've been in that situation at work, with a catastrophic breakdown in respect/trust between some people I worked with. It was completely miserable and went on for weeks, the most unpleasant atmosphere I've ever been in. I can understand why Strauss/Flower/ECB are taking a tough stance if it's deemed to be bad enough.
    Works both ways. GIMH has it spot on. What about the 4 guys who followed the parody twitter account? How does that help team spirit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Page 21 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. CW Short Story Competition
    By Hurricane in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 08:17 AM
  2. PIETERSEN loses flood auction winner
    By sehwag fan in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29-01-2011, 11:00 AM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 08:22 PM
  4. Pietersen may miss Ashes
    By Jakester1288 in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 22-07-2009, 10:53 AM
  5. Mahmood and Panesar power England to series glory
    By symonds_94 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 11:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •