• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
What battle has the ECB lost?

There haven't lost any credibility regarding their stance on player availability and potential for players to pick and choice what games they play.

They got their best batsmen available for the forceable future in all formats, if they want him.

Yeah he missed one ODI series, which they still won easy.

Ok maybe KP has a play to retire again from limited over matches after the T20 WC. But does that really matter for England, he is unlikely to be play on for the next ODI WC, so they had to phase him out eventually.

He may retire after the next Ashes, but that would be at about 2 years earlier then his potentially limit as Test cricketer.

The battle for ECB over IPL and player availability is likely to be a bigger issue then just KP. And they won the latest battle IMO.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I agree wholeheartedly.

Also, who was it on here that a month or so ago predicted that KP would make a limited overs comeback just before the T20 world cup, having missed the pointless series against Australia and no certainty to get back into the ODI side anyway?

I think it is definitely more

KP - 1
ECB - 0

He has pulled one over the ECB in a big way.
Are we blithely assuming the ECB will pick Pietersen for the T20 WC? I mean, I definitely would; I think there's a pretty strong case to make that he's the world's leading batsman in the format. However it's pretty obvious to even the casual obsever that Flower is no-one's fool and one doesn't average in the mid-50s whilst keeping wicket for a pretty ordinary test side without having a core of absolute iron. He might hide it well behind his (undoubtedly genuine) crashingly good-blokeness, but in a battle of wills with the mercurial and somewhat needy son of Pietermaritzburg I know where my money would go.

I suspect Flower (who I think calls the shots, despite what the selection panel and Giles Clarke would say) wouldn't like to think he's been bent over by anyone, so wouldn't take KP's presence for granted.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A win for KP? just to miss one series, he's had top make an humiliating and ridiculous about turn, he doesn't get any time off IPL, and has clearly made himself look a tit.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
That just confirms my worries really. Jimmy is clearly a bit miffed with KP despite the toned-down nature of these articles, and the whole issue has been a massive distraction. We can't be going into this game with the best possible preparation and that sucks.

amanuensis

U19 12th Man
I certainly wouldn't offer him a (12 month) central contract - I wouldn't be looking beyond the upcoming business in India frankly, so some sort of pro rata deal?

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Said it before, will say it again, KP is just a big diva. Class player though, and will always be on the team sheet for Tests and T20s.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
There's something distinctly androgynous about the guy too. The voice, the dainty mannerisms, and the never ending drama queen bull****.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Rumours going around that KP's gonna get dumped anyway.
Source?

Guessing Twatter, but whose feed?

Find myself almost wishing it's true, actually. The ECB, cast here in the role of ****olded spouse, not accepting such a craven and flagrant twelfth hour promise the errant partner can change and that he's loved them all along. #yougogirl

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nick Hoult ‏@NHoultCricket

Sounds like no KP. Anyway back to the Mountain biking

mike selvey ‏@selvecricket

Rumours gathering pace that KP has been cut adrift. Disciplinary as a result of texts and video, or the end of the line?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Boycott to come out in support of KP. Ink it in.

Very similar temperaments as players, even if polar opposite MOs.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Why would the ECB publish that video and then drop him? Would be a dickish move of the highest order. And we are certainly in no shape to drop Pietersen.

uvelocity

International Coach
Source?

Guessing Twatter, but whose feed?

Find myself almost wishing it's true, actually. The ECB, cast here in the role of ****olded spouse, not accepting such a craven and flagrant twelfth hour promise the errant partner can change and that he's loved them all along. #yougogirl
hahaah you lunatic :laugh:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't think the video was published with the ECB's permission...
Ah I was under the impression it had been.

Still, don't see why they'd push the announcement back if it wasn't to try and sort things out. We'll see soon enough though.