Cricket Player Manager
Page 19 of 105 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Like Tree201Likes

Thread: It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Any excuse to bring out that old nut eh?

Took the time to read the little article on the left this time as well. I feel enlightened.

blimey this has turned a tad homo-erotic.

Backs to the wall lads.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    don't look at me, sledger started it

Oh no, it was Jono with that Kohli picture, the man-love was palpable around that post, permeated, IMHO.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I think we can all agree that Jono is to blame for most things, except those which may perceived as good
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Always knew Sledge had a man crush on some of the cricketers. Any excuse eh.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Apparently KP has apologised to the ECB.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Tail between his legs. Little bitch.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I see Broad has come out and denied any involvement with the parody tweets. The thing that strikes me about it is that four of KP's team-mates followed an account that was ribbing him. In any workplace, he'd have a strong argument that it's stepping into the bullying realm, in this day and age.

None of this excuses any of his other behaviour but I don't think he's the only one coming out of this badly and those who were following the account have a case to answer, IMO.

It's a complete shambles this whole thing, honestly. We'll see what happens over this apology anyway.

Edit - I may have misunderstood actually. Did England players follow the parody account or just the actual user who was behind the parody?
    Last edited by GIMH; 14-08-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    I see Strauss has said that a big issue is KP 'airing dirty laundry in public' and the it's a core value of the team that what happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room - and that the issue is about needing to have mutual respect and trust.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    I see Broad has come out and denied any involvement with the parody tweets. The thing that strikes me about it is that four of KP's team-mates followed an account that was ribbing him. In any workplace, he'd have a strong argument that it's stepping into the bullying realm, in this day and age.

None of this excuses any of his other behaviour but I don't think he's the only one coming out of this badly and those who were following the account have a case to answer, IMO.

It's a complete shambles this whole thing, honestly. We'll see what happens over this apology anyway.

Edit - I may have misunderstood actually. Did England players follow the parody account or just the actual user who was behind the parody?
    I think some of them followed it, but just towards the end, and KP was too and re-tweeted it, which seems the ideal way to get everyone following it. Anyway I feel a bit sorry for the bloke now, was obviously just meant to be a joke and now he's copping abuse from all over the place with Piers Morgan on his back and apparently KP's brother getting a bit OTT at him too.

From what they're saying, it's actually some of the Notts county players that the guy knows well - hardly KP's biggest fans.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Possibly. But at the very worst I think this can be described as ungentlemanly, and obviously there's no crime in that. If they've basically decided to just rat him out and try and stir up a hornet's nest in the England camp then I suppose you can say it's not exactly a sporting or honourable thing to do. But if KP's been stupid enough to give them all the ammo they need to disrupt the England camp ahead of a crucial test in which they'll be seeking to exploit every advantage they can, you could argue they'd have been foolish not to.

Conversely, on the other hand. If, as Grecian said, they were genuinely worried about being hauled up on a corruption charge then I don't think you can really blame them for fessing up.
    I think the former scenario is an awful lot more likely, myself. Were there genuine concerns about being dragged into a fixing imbroglio there are better ways and means to exonerate oneself than leaking the offending messages to friendly journos.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDB View Post
    With one of KPs major complaints being leaks coming from the ECB, not sure you can definitely say that the story about the texts comes from the SA side of things.

Unless I'm missing some fact somewhere that the Saffers definitely released it. For all we know the SA Management could of gone to the ECB, ICC and match officials and informed them that KP texted them. With our past history of match fixing I don't blame them for doing that either.
    That anyone on the England side would release anything so obviously injurious to their own prospects stretches credulity way beyond breaking point and, as one understands, as the texts were of the "Strauss smells of cat wee and Dale can have him in a fight LOL" variety one struggles to see how they could be perceived as even vaguely pertaining to match-fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    I think some of them followed it, but just towards the end, and KP was too and re-tweeted it, which seems the ideal way to get everyone following it. Anyway I feel a bit sorry for the bloke now, was obviously just meant to be a joke and now he's copping abuse from all over the place with Piers Morgan on his back and apparently KP's brother getting a bit OTT at him too.

From what they're saying, it's actually some of the Notts county players that the guy knows well - hardly KP's biggest fans.
    The report I read said the fella actually lives with a couple of Notts players, so is probably privy to a lot of insider gossip.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

So apparently an apology has been received by the ECB from KPs agents.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post

How can the other 7 players in the team trust those 4 players now?????????/
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    What happened with KP and Notts? I can't say I've ever heard the story.
    My sworn enemy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I hate s smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I give out points for style of which Steve(n) Smith has none.

Page 19 of 105 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread Information