• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I see Broad has come out and denied any involvement with the parody tweets. The thing that strikes me about it is that four of KP's team-mates followed an account that was ribbing him. In any workplace, he'd have a strong argument that it's stepping into the bullying realm, in this day and age.

None of this excuses any of his other behaviour but I don't think he's the only one coming out of this badly and those who were following the account have a case to answer, IMO.

It's a complete shambles this whole thing, honestly. We'll see what happens over this apology anyway.

Edit - I may have misunderstood actually. Did England players follow the parody account or just the actual user who was behind the parody?
I think some of them followed it, but just towards the end, and KP was too and re-tweeted it, which seems the ideal way to get everyone following it. Anyway I feel a bit sorry for the bloke now, was obviously just meant to be a joke and now he's copping abuse from all over the place with Piers Morgan on his back and apparently KP's brother getting a bit OTT at him too.

From what they're saying, it's actually some of the Notts county players that the guy knows well - hardly KP's biggest fans.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Possibly. But at the very worst I think this can be described as ungentlemanly, and obviously there's no crime in that. If they've basically decided to just rat him out and try and stir up a hornet's nest in the England camp then I suppose you can say it's not exactly a sporting or honourable thing to do. But if KP's been stupid enough to give them all the ammo they need to disrupt the England camp ahead of a crucial test in which they'll be seeking to exploit every advantage they can, you could argue they'd have been foolish not to.

Conversely, on the other hand. If, as Grecian said, they were genuinely worried about being hauled up on a corruption charge then I don't think you can really blame them for fessing up.
I think the former scenario is an awful lot more likely, myself. Were there genuine concerns about being dragged into a fixing imbroglio there are better ways and means to exonerate oneself than leaking the offending messages to friendly journos.

With one of KPs major complaints being leaks coming from the ECB, not sure you can definitely say that the story about the texts comes from the SA side of things.

Unless I'm missing some fact somewhere that the Saffers definitely released it. For all we know the SA Management could of gone to the ECB, ICC and match officials and informed them that KP texted them. With our past history of match fixing I don't blame them for doing that either.
That anyone on the England side would release anything so obviously injurious to their own prospects stretches credulity way beyond breaking point and, as one understands, as the texts were of the "Strauss smells of cat wee and Dale can have him in a fight LOL" variety one struggles to see how they could be perceived as even vaguely pertaining to match-fixing.

I think some of them followed it, but just towards the end, and KP was too and re-tweeted it, which seems the ideal way to get everyone following it. Anyway I feel a bit sorry for the bloke now, was obviously just meant to be a joke and now he's copping abuse from all over the place with Piers Morgan on his back and apparently KP's brother getting a bit OTT at him too.

From what they're saying, it's actually some of the Notts county players that the guy knows well - hardly KP's biggest fans.
The report I read said the fella actually lives with a couple of Notts players, so is probably privy to a lot of insider gossip.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I see Broad has come out and denied any involvement with the parody tweets. The thing that strikes me about it is that four of KP's team-mates followed an account that was ribbing him. In any workplace, he'd have a strong argument that it's stepping into the bullying realm, in this day and age.

How can the other 7 players in the team trust those 4 players now?????????/

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

None of this excuses any of his other behaviour but I don't think he's the only one coming out of this badly and those who were following the account have a case to answer, IMO.

It's a complete shambles this whole thing, honestly. We'll see what happens over this apology anyway.

Edit - I may have misunderstood actually. Did England players follow the parody account or just the actual user who was behind the parody?
England players followed the parody account, so did KP, and he retweeted it. Of all the nonsense stories out of nothing in this charade it's the worse. He may have thought the joke was getting out of hand, but you can't blame guys for thinking it's harmless, if he was RTing. Of the England players that follow Bailey, I think it's only Broad, Hales and Bres. Bailey says he's never even met Swann, so still bemused as to why he's been brought into this.

Also, TBH, man up you pathetic little person, it's a joke, and stop getting the biggest **** in Christendom to fight your risible divisive battles. Worse than Mitchell Johnson, and I can't say any worse than that.

Spark

Global Moderator
I just have no idea what the 'respect' they're talking about actually is.

Last I heard, the way you earn respect is a cricketer is by scoring runs and taking wickets for your team.

"The first step to establishing mutual trust and respect" - wtf does that even mean?

I'll say it again, KP isn't the only ego at risk of being bruised here. Apparently he wanted to play for Surrey as well, but was blocked.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just have no idea what the 'respect' they're talking about actually is.

Last I heard, the way you earn respect is a cricketer is by scoring runs and taking wickets for your team.

"The first step to establishing mutual trust and respect" - wtf does that even mean?

I'll say it again, KP isn't the only ego at risk of being bruised here. Apparently he wanted to play for Surrey as well, but was blocked.
Nah you're kidding yourself here Spark.

Trust and respect in a team environment is everything. If your team can not trust you to do the team thing and add to the dynamic in the dressing room you have nothing. Having a **** dressing room environment may not affect KP, but it brings every other person in the dressing room down by a tiny amount and in the end that may add up to level out, or exceed, the benefit of KP's runs.

Spark

Global Moderator
Right, but I don't see how whatever the ECB is trying to do is going to help that at all, just benching him indefinitely and leaving him to stew.

EDIT: I mean, at the least let him play the county match, surely.

Last edited: