• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Gotta be Bres. Guy is built like the proverbial house of bricked **** and has a bit of the Northern grumpiness about him.
Yeah, he has the appearance of a blacksmith tbh. But by that I mean he looks like he could swing a hammer pretty damn hard, but doesn't really appear to have the mean streak required to really lamp someone. That said, I'd rather not find that out first-hand.

AWTA that Swann could be a bit of a nutter though, him failing to give someone a good beating probably wouldn't be through a lack of trying.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wonder who would emerge as victorious in a fight between all of the English side tbh. None of them particularly strike me as the kind who'd be capable of knocking your block off.
Strauss surely? EDIT: Forgot about Bres. Tremlett as well.

This actually seems like a fun exercise.

South Africa - Hard to tell. Graeme Smith or ABdV (Rugby background etc). Maybe Kallis in his youth or the short man Boucher.

New Zealand - Jacob Oram? Dunno.

India - Yusuf Pathan

Windies - Most obvious one. Chris Gayle.

Australia - Siddle!

Sri Lanka - Fernando or Mathews

Pakistan - Afridi, Misbah..?

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
KP's a big guy, tbf. 6' 4"?

Coulda been a decent flnaker for Natal in another life.

Fancy Finn against anyone in the current team tho, since he's hit the weights he's developed some decent guns and a good big 'un usually beats a good little 'un.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fancy Tremmers against anyone in the sport, tbh. Bloke's a ****ing house.

Bust Jimmeh's ribs when they were sparring at a training camp before the 09/10 Ashes IIRC.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That pic's a little too revealing for my liking itbt.

Slightly regret opening this thread on a public computer now.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Any excuse to bring out that old nut eh?

Took the time to read the little article on the left this time as well. I feel enlightened. :mellow:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh no, it was Jono with that Kohli picture, the man-love was palpable around that post, permeated, IMHO.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think we can all agree that Jono is to blame for most things, except those which may perceived as good

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I see Broad has come out and denied any involvement with the parody tweets. The thing that strikes me about it is that four of KP's team-mates followed an account that was ribbing him. In any workplace, he'd have a strong argument that it's stepping into the bullying realm, in this day and age.

None of this excuses any of his other behaviour but I don't think he's the only one coming out of this badly and those who were following the account have a case to answer, IMO.

It's a complete shambles this whole thing, honestly. We'll see what happens over this apology anyway.

Edit - I may have misunderstood actually. Did England players follow the parody account or just the actual user who was behind the parody?

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I see Strauss has said that a big issue is KP 'airing dirty laundry in public' and the it's a core value of the team that what happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room - and that the issue is about needing to have mutual respect and trust.